[game] Dreambuilder [20210626-0349]

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

Re: [Modpack] Dreambuilder [20200712-0803][dreambuilder]

by Sokomine » Post

syimyuzya wrote: Has anyone also found that cottages and anvil each provides its own anvil & hammer, but they cannot be used interchangeably, and only the anvil from the cottages mod can be crafted because of the same crafting recipe?
Quite probably yes. VanessaE keeps reminding me about doublicate nodes and that they're a problem.
VanessaE wrote: syimyuzya, you'll need to talk to Philipnbenr and Sokomine about the hammer/anvil issue.
Ah :-) Right in the next answer. Should have read the full thread first. Anyway...the problem is that I need the nodes in my cottages mod to exist in order to be able to spawn houses using them in mg_villages. I'm working on workarounds, but aliases on that level are still not entirely satisfactory :-(
A list of my mods can be found here.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Dreambuilder still seems to be missing a certain sense of immersion. How about TenPlus1's version of the ambience mod? You can find it here:
https://notabug.org/TenPlus1/ambience

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I'd like input from others on that.

I'm not against it, but I've generally avoided adding a sounds mod out of fear of bloating-up the already large download (iirc, there is some 40 MB of media).
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

TechnoWolfTV
In-game: TechnoWolfTV

by TechnoWolfTV » Post

Inocudom wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 03:24
How about TenPlus1's version of the ambience mod? You can find it here:
https://notabug.org/TenPlus1/ambience
I use that very mod alongside Dreambuilder, among others. It's fantastic, and really helps make the game for me! Ambient sounds like birds and crickets is one thing I've always said is still awkwardly missing from the vanilla version of, "the other mining game" as well.

VanessaE

Re: [Modpack] Dreambuilder [20201101-1455][dreambuilder]

by VanessaE » Post

Build #20201101-1302, updated castles, cool_trees, plantlife, basic_materials, bees, bonemeal, homedecor, currency, digilines, farming redo, item_drop, maptools, mesecons, moreblocks, moreores, moretrees, pipeworks, signs_lib, stained_glass, technic, titanium, unified_inventory, unifieddyes,and worldedit.

Added Tenplus1's ambience mod.

EDIT: build #20201101-1455, switched to a temporary fork of cool_trees to resolve a dependency issue
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

VanessaE

Re: [Modpack] Dreambuilder [20201202-1007][dreambuilder]

by VanessaE » Post

Build #20201202-1007, updated cottages, cool_trees, bonemeal, homedecor, mesecons, moretrees, plantlife, unified dyes

Marshall_maz
In-game: Mazal

by Marshall_maz » Post

Hi , I wasn't sure if I should post this issue in this thread or in the main problems forum.
I have an issue with signs. I constantly get an LuaEntity name error with signs and they also doesn't display correctly in the game. ( See screenshot ).
I am using the latest Windows 64bit build of Sfan of minetest 5.4 ( as can be seen in the screenshot ) and the latest build of Dreambuilder modpack. I am using Win 10.

Could you help me with how to fix this error please ? Or tell me if I should post it in another section.

Thank you
MineTestSignsError.jpg
MineTestSignsError.jpg (258.43 KiB) Viewed 2491 times

EDIT: It looks like if I punch them they auto correct themselves. Seems to be sorted thank you.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Oh that's a simple one, looks like a leftover from an API change in signs_lib from some time ago.

Simply walk around your world for a while. When you think you've found all of the glitched signs, run /regen_signs. All signs that are currently loaded up will be cleared and re-created, and this should also delete those rogue entities, as well as fixing any sign where its text is positioned wrong.

You can use that command any time you want, if you should find more glitched signs later.

If that doesn't work, there's the nuclear option: you can run /clearobjects full , which will dig through your entire world database and delete every single entity it finds. But, that will kill animals and perhaps other things, as well, and it can take hours and hours to finish on big worlds. You'd then restart Minetest once it's done, and signs_lib will rebuild the signs as you explore and they're re-loaded.

Marshall_maz
In-game: Mazal

by Marshall_maz » Post

VanessaE wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 15:00
Oh that's a simple one, looks like a leftover from an API change in signs_lib from some time ago.

Simply walk around your world for a while. When you think you've found all of the glitched signs, run /regen_signs. All signs that are currently loaded up will be cleared and re-created, and this should also delete those rogue entities, as well as fixing any sign where its text is positioned wrong.

You can use that command any time you want, if you should find more glitched signs later.

If that doesn't work, there's the nuclear option: you can run /clearobjects full , which will dig through your entire world database and delete every single entity it finds. But, that will kill animals and perhaps other things, as well, and it can take hours and hours to finish on big worlds. You'd then restart Minetest once it's done, and signs_lib will rebuild the signs as you explore and they're re-loaded.
Thank you

TechnoWolfTV

by TechnoWolfTV » Post

Hi VanessaE,
I've just noticed that both "mint tea" and "cup of coffee" from the "farming" mod subfolder have no crafting recipe appearing in Unified Inventory.

In farming/crops/mint.lua the "mint tea" recipe appears as:

Code: Select all

minetest.register_craft({
	output = "farming:mint_tea",
	type = "shapeless",
	recipe = {
		"vessels:drinking_glass", "group:food_mint",
		"group:food_mint", "group:food_mint",
		"farming:juicer", "group:water_bucket"
	},
	replacements = {
		{"group:food_juicer", "farming:juicer"},
		{"group:water_bucket", "bucket:bucket_empty"}
	}
})

if minetest.get_modpath("bucket_wooden") then
	minetest.register_craft({
		output = "farming:mint_tea",
		type = "shapeless",
		recipe = {
			"vessels:drinking_glass", "group:food_mint",
			"group:food_mint", "group:food_mint",
			"farming:juicer", "group:water_bucket_wooden"
		},
		replacements = {
			{"group:food_juicer", "farming:juicer"},
			{"group:water_bucket_wooden", "bucket_wooden:bucket_empty"}
		}
	})
In farming/crops/coffee.lua the "cup of coffee" recipe appears as:

Code: Select all

minetest.register_craft( {
	output = "farming:coffee_cup",
	type = "shapeless",
	recipe = {
		"vessels:drinking_glass", "group:food_coffee",
		"group:water_bucket", "group:food_saucepan"},
	replacements = {
		{"group:water_bucket", "bucket:bucket_empty"},
		{"group:food_saucepan", "farming:saucepan"}
	}
})

if minetest.get_modpath("bucket_wooden") then
	minetest.register_craft( {
		output = "farming:coffee_cup",
		type = "shapeless",
		recipe = {
			"vessels:drinking_glass", "group:food_coffee",
			"group:water_bucket_wooden", "group:food_saucepan"},
		replacements = {
			{"group:water_bucket_wooden", "bucket_wooden:bucket_empty"},
			{"group:food_saucepan", "farming:saucepan"}
		}
	})
I've looked at the latest commit at TenPlus1's "Farming Redo" at https://notabug.org/TenPlus1/Farming, and the crafting code matches when doing a compare plugin in notepad++ between his code and what's in DreamBuilder's in the respective .lua's. Any ideas how to fix?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

As far as I know, if a recipe doesn't appear in Unified Inventory's crafting guide, it's because you don't have one of the items the recipe needs, or if the recipe points to an undefined/unknown item. Maybe you uninstalled (or just didn't enable) one of Dreambuilder's mods?

Both the mint tea and the cup of coffee show up fine for me.

TechnoWolfTV

by TechnoWolfTV » Post

Interesting... I normally use several mods alongside Dreambuilder. If I start a new test world, and enable only Dreambuilder, I can see the recipes for both. So, in further testing if I enable all except, "BBQ" from https://github.com/Grizzly-Adam/BBQ I can see the tea and coffee recipes. There's obviously some conflict with that mod.

VanessaE

Re: [Modpack] Dreambuilder [20210219-0938][dreambuilder]

by VanessaE » Post

Build #20210219-0938, updated ambience, cottages, bakedclay, cooltrees, basic_materials, bees, blox, bonemeal, homedecor, cblocks, currency, digilines, digistuff, farming_redo, gloopblocks, jumping, mesecons, moreblocks, pipeworks, quartz, signs_lib, technic, unified_inventory, unifieddyes, and worldedit

VanessaE

Re: [Modpack] Dreambuilder [20210219-0938][dreambuilder]

by VanessaE » Post

So, since minetest_game is officially maintenance-only now, which is to say it isn't expected to receive new features, only bugfixes, I have been pondering the idea of re-organizing Dreambuilder as a game, and integrating minetest_game into it as its stable base.

So instead of it being a modpack as it is now, that you'd install on top of everything else, it'd be its own separate game that you'd install on its own just like mtg or the dozen or so other games the engine can run.

Dreambuilder used to be its own game some years ago, but it became difficult to maintain because mtg was too active and a bit unstable for a while there. Now that minetest_game is all but dead, I don't foresee that being a problem again.

Updating won't be difficult. I'll spell that out in a follow-up post.

The game content wouldn't change appreciably. Once updated, you in theory shouldn't notice a difference, apart from Dreambuilder appearing as an icon below your world list, and the world list being filtered accordingly, when you first start Minetest.

I am not yet committed to the idea. If folks here have opinions on this, I'm all ears.

VanessaE

Re: [Game] Dreambuilder [20210301-0245]

by VanessaE » Post

Well I got no feedback on the previous comment, which is very disappointing.

Nevertheless, I have gone through with it. Dreambuilder is now a full game. You no longer need minetest_game for this, just the engine. I recommend 5.4.0.

You can find the game repository it at https://gitlab.com/VanessaE/dreambuilder_game

To transition over to the new game:
  1. Delete your old Dreambuilder modpack, it's obsolete now. Yes, just nuke it (you don't need to do so from orbit, though 😁 ).
  2. Download the new Game from the URL above and place it in your normal games folder (i.e. where you keep the games your other worlds use).
  3. For each of your worlds that used the old modpack, go to that world's folder and open world.mt in your favorite text editor.
  4. In that file, change the gameid line to read gameid = dreambuilder
  5. Below that line, you'll find a metric buttload of load_mod_xxxx lines. Delete ALL of them.
  6. Save the file.
  7. Start Minetest (or restart it if you had it loaded already)
  8. Click the red "house" icon to select Dreambuilder, then click on your world in the list.
  9. Click Select Mods and re-enable anything you had added on top of the old modpack before, and click Save.
The old modpack repository has been deleted.

philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

Re: [game] Dreambuilder [20210301-0245]

by philipbenr » Post

With minetest_game being frozen, I think its a good idea to pursue alternatives, so I'm for the change. I am also hoping there will be a widely accepted alternative "base game" that will pop up in the near future that is not frozen, but maybe that is wishful thinking.

VanessaE

Re: [game] Dreambuilder [20210301-0245]

by VanessaE » Post

Well that's easy... make Dreambuilder the new "base game". 🙂

VanessaE

Re: [game] Dreambuilder [20210301-2049]

by VanessaE » Post

Build #20210301-2049: updated basic_signs, digistuff, farming redo, homedecor, led_marqueee, mesecons, moreblocks, pipeworks, and signs_lib

VanessaE

Re: [game] Dreambuilder [20210301-2049]

by VanessaE » Post

Build #20210302-0653, updated homedecor and added my home workshop modpack. Other than one node I added (a decorative 3d printer) there's no tangible change here, it's just some housekeeping and rearranging between those two packs.

TechnoWolfTV

Re: [Game] Dreambuilder [20210301-0245]

by TechnoWolfTV » Post

VanessaE wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 08:23
Well I got no feedback on the previous comment, which is very disappointing.
Hi VanessaE, as for me I check status on all mods I use every few weeks, and just checked Dreambuilder yesterday and was surprised to see all the new changes. It's working out great, and I personally like the change to a game. It makes more sense as Dreambuilder is among the largest if not the largest mod compilation?

Thank for your continued attention and work on Dreambuilder, and for making it available to the public. I really appreciate it, and as someone in I.T., I know the work it takes to maintain things like this, which is all too often a thankless endeavor.

One thing that may or not be intended (error?) and a question:

I'm running "dreambuilder_game-20210302-0653-1" and when I got everything sorted and ran my first tests, there was a dependency error coming from two mods I use that called TNT as missing. When digging into it, TNT is in the default "minetest_game" game under, /games/minetest_game/tnt. So, for now, I simply copied that tnt folder into my client's "mods" folder and enabled it and the dependency error went away.

The question is that I notice that possibly you (coming from Dreambuilder?) reworked the UI to a light grey. While it's nice, I personally prefer the default dark grey UI. If this is of your design, where can I modify Dreambuilder to revert it to the minetest_game vanilla UI?

Thanks again, VanessaE!

VanessaE

Re: [game] Dreambuilder [20210302-0653]

by VanessaE » Post

I removed TNT from the game because it isn't useful for building, but it's okay to copy it from minetest_game if you feel you must have it. I would, however, recommend talking to the authors of those mods, see if you can get them to remove the dependency, or at least make it optional.

The light grey theme is intentional (I *hate* dark themes, they're ugly and depressing :-P ), but if you want to revert that change, take a look at the "customize" script and use it to create something to undo the new theme.

TechnoWolfTV

by TechnoWolfTV » Post

That was fast. Understood on both counts, thanks!

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

All of that said, I may be able to add some way for users to alter the theme as they see fit, though. I'll look into that.

TechnoWolfTV

by TechnoWolfTV » Post

That admittedly crossed my mind, but didn't suggest as to not be annoying. It would be amazing if that were built in.
Last edited by TechnoWolfTV on Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:42, edited 3 times in total.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Both a "customizer" wizard and per-user color settings should be possible, but that'll have to come later. Images are a different matter. The engine always caches all the images it can find at startup, so in a form, you can only choose from whatever images MT found at that point. It's not possible to load new images or to reload one while in-game, as far as I know.

Those things aside, I've pushed an update to git to make it possible to change some color settings via minetest.conf (or the settings menu). Changing background images is a little simpler as well -- I gathered them all in one place, so you could just replace one or more images in dreambuilder_gui_theming/textures as desired. Or, you can override them via a normal texture pack.

A minor side-effect of the update is that I managed to fix a minor inventory slots display glitch in the default chest, furnace, and vessels forms.

I have a couple of ideas to implement later regarding image handling, but this is at least a start.