[game] Dreambuilder [20210626-0349]

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

Re: [Modpack] Dreambuilder [20190918-2033][dreambuilder]

by VanessaE » Post

Build #2019--- er, 20190918-1425: updated signs_lib (three times)

EDIT: build #20190918-2033, updated signs_lib again :-P
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

VanessaE

Re: [Modpack] Dreambuilder [20190919-2056][dreambuilder]

by VanessaE » Post

Build #20190919-0107, updated sigs_lib and basic_signs

EDIT: build #20190919-1929, updated ilights and homedecor

EDIT: build#20190919-2056, update homedecor and ilights again
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

VanessaE

Re: [Modpack] Dreambuilder [20190921-2255][dreambuilder]

by VanessaE » Post

Build #20190921-2207, updated signs_lib, basic_signs, and street_signs

EDIT: build #20190921-2255, updated street_signs again

VanessaE

Re: [Modpack] Dreambuilder [20190922-2150][dreambuilder]

by VanessaE » Post

Build #20190922-0327, updated signs_lib, coloredwood, homedecor, and gloopblocks

EDIT: build #201-- um, 20190922-0602, updated signs_lib again (twice)

EDIT: build #20190922-2150, updated unified dyes

P3ib0L

by P3ib0L » Post

Hi Vanessa, first congratulation for this IMPRESSIVE work. It's amazing.
I'm trying to install your mod on minetest 0.4.17. I have made a clean installation of minetest and of the mod.
But when start a world appears this message:
WARNING[Main]: Mod name conflict detected: "farming"
WARNING[Main]: Will not load: /usr/share/minetest/games/minetest_game/mods/farming
WARNING[Main]: Overridden by: /home/p/.minetest/mods/dreambuilder/farming
ERROR[Main]: mod "homedecor_wardrobe" has unsatisfied dependencies: "player_api"
ERROR[Main]: mod "player_textures" has unsatisfied dependencies: "player_api"
WARNING[Main]: [xban] Unable to load database: /home/p/.minetest/worlds/prova dreams/xban.db: El fitxer o directori no existeix
WARNING[Main]: Undeclared global variable "worldedit" accessed at ...etest/mods/dreambuilder/worldedit_shortcommands/init.lua:4
ModError: Failed to load and run script from /home/p/.minetest/mods/dreambuilder/worldedit_shortcommands/init.lua:
ERROR[Main]: ...etest/mods/dreambuilder/worldedit_shortcommands/init.lua:15: attempt to index global 'worldedit' (a nil value)
ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
ERROR[Main]: ...etest/mods/dreambuilder/worldedit_shortcommands/init.lua:15: in main chunk

Thank you for all

neoh4x0r
GitHub: neoh4x0r

by neoh4x0r » Post

P3ib0L wrote:Hi Vanessa, first congratulation for this IMPRESSIVE work. It's amazing.
I'm trying to install your mod on minetest 0.4.17. I have made a clean installation of minetest and of the mod.
But when start a world appears this message:
WARNING[Main]: Undeclared global variable "worldedit" accessed at ...etest/mods/dreambuilder/worldedit_shortcommands/init.lua:4
worldedit_shortcommands requiires worldedit_commands and worldedit and you either do not have them installed (or they are not enabled), but it should not be necessary to use dream builder.

You need to install both of those mods, or disable worldedit_shortcommands .
P3ib0L wrote: WARNING[Main]: Mod name conflict detected: "farming"
WARNING[Main]: Will not load: /usr/share/minetest/games/minetest_game/mods/farming
WARNING[Main]: Overridden by: /home/p/.minetest/mods/dreambuilder/farming
This is just a warning, I blieve that dreambuilder's farming mod is a replacement mod (this can be ignored)

VanessaE

Re: [Modpack] Dreambuilder [20191003-1425][dreambuilder]

by VanessaE » Post

Thanks for that, neoh4x0r -- I was offline and could not reply.

P3ib0L, you wrote, "I'm trying to install your mod on minetest 0.4.17." --- Dreambuilder is for Minetest 5.0.0 and up. It is not meant to be run on 0.4.x anymore.

Meanwhile, here is build #20191003-1425: updated areas, basic_signs, street_signs, farming_redo, maptools, mesecons, moreblocks, moretrees, pipeworks, signs_lib, and worldedit.

VanessaE

Re: [Modpack] Dreambuilder [20191012-1124][dreambuilder]

by VanessaE » Post

Build #20191012-1124, updated signs_lib and basic_signs

ShallowDweller

by ShallowDweller » Post

1st of all: thanks for putting this huge pack together. I love it!
Now to the questions:
Did the hardware requirements of this modpack increase? Because I tried to run a few worlds with this pack and got the following results:
1)Full Dreambuilder alone: game loads slowly, but loads just fine.
2)Full Dreambuilder + ethereal: game stuck at loading screen.
3)Dreambuilder -50 mods I din't need (I'll call it Low Dreambuilder for short): game loads fine and fast.
4)Low Dreambuilder + ethereal: game stuck at loading screen.
5)Low Dreambuilder + another 11 mods that should be lighter than ethereal (minus ethereal): game stuck at loading screen.
6)Any amount and combination of mods I had (minus Dreambuilder pack): game loads fine and fast.

There doesn't seem to be a fatal error (I could be wrong though) resulting in this, just the game running out of memory, which I'm finding odd because my available RAM tends to float between 3,5GB and 4,2GB and the 1st post says I only need 2GB available. There is also the fact that moving 50 mods(~10MB) away from the pack wasn't enough to make room for another 30 or so mods(~8MB) from other packs.

I'm using the win64 version of minetest 5.1.0 on windows 7 professional 64bit with 6GB of RAM in total. I belive there is more information I should provide, but I'm not sure which... Should I attach debug.txt here? (I think the paste text would be too big to just paste here because the several attempts)

Or would it be easier to just see the packs this mod uses and download each of the ones I want the most individualy? (I just want to confirm what is going on and if there is another solution than this)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

The hardware requirements should be about the same as usual, but of course it depends on your OS, whether you also use a heavy texture pack like HDX, and how developed your world is.

For a new world, 2GB of free RAM beyond whatever your OS and other apps use should be more than enough, though the RAM usage will increase as the world and your usage of heavy things like Technic or Mesecons grows. CPU-wise, really you just want something that came out after the last ice age. Don't go trying to run it on an old classic Pentium. :-)

I run two Dreambuilder servers, along with 5 other less-heavy servers, on a single Debian Linux machine. Together they use about 4 GB at first, climbing to about 8 GB over the course of the day (some memory leak in MT or one of the mods, but the servers all reboot every 24h, so meh), and a bit under two cores' worth of CPU. The machine is based around a 4-core/8-thread Xeon E3-1245 at 3.4 GHz, with 32GB of DDR3-1333 RAM.

I don't know why the game would freeze-up when adding other mods to the mix. I've simply never had that happen (unless of course, I create an infinite loop in a mod I'm hacking on at the time, but that's rare and I don't think that's ever made it into a release build), though I've never used Ethereal. One important thing: if your Minetest build uses LuaJIT, it *must* use the GC64 variant, otherwise Minetest will hit a braindead screwup the LuaJIT author made at first, and will run out of memory (even if there's plenty).

Please continue to experiment and let me know if there's one specific mod in Dreambuilder that's hanging it up. Might need to file a bug report against it (upstream).

ShallowDweller

by ShallowDweller » Post

Thanks for the fast reply!
All of those problems happened when I attempted to create new worlds. I think I only managed to open 3 out of 9 test worlds...
VanessaE wrote:I don't know why the game would freeze-up when adding other mods to the mix. I've simply never had that happen (unless of course, I create an infinite loop in a mod I'm hacking on at the time, but that's rare and I don't think that's ever made it into a release build), though I've never used Ethereal. One important thing: if your Minetest build uses LuaJIT, it *must* use the GC64 variant, otherwise Minetest will hit a braindead screwup the LuaJIT author made at first, and will run out of memory (even if there's plenty).

Please continue to experiment and let me know if there's one specific mod in Dreambuilder that's hanging it up. Might need to file a bug report against it (upstream).
Forgive the noob question, but how do I check if LuaJIT and the GC64 variant are being used? That sounds like it might be the problem I'm facing. Because the Minetest process never got above 300MB while loading before freezing and on the world with the full dreambuilder, it used only 1,6GB RAM after loading.
I'll try to see if there is a specific mod in dreambuilder that may be causing this, as you've requested. Good thing the new engine warns about missing dependencies when picking the mods now XD
The 1st time I ever had a problem with this modpack was when homedecor was added to the mix(because the signs_lib) but there was a clear error message in the loading screen(by the way, thanks for fixing that so fast)...

ps. In case anyone who plans on splitting dreambuilder is reading this: attempting to load a world with all dreambuilder mods after slpiting the pack in 2 may cause a security error. It can be easily fixed by reuniting the pack.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

GC64 is one of those things where you'll be told beforehand if you'd be using it (i.e. if you build it yourself, or get it from one of the unofficial builds on these Forums). I don't know offhand if there's a way to check for it properly.

ShallowDweller

by ShallowDweller » Post

VanessaE wrote:GC64 is one of those things where you'll be told beforehand if you'd be using it (i.e. if you build it yourself, or get it from one of the unofficial builds on these Forums). I don't know offhand if there's a way to check for it properly.
I see... I'll ask in the release post. Thanks for the information! :)

Well... Now I'm feeling dumb... Because I have good and bad news:
Good news: according to the tests I've run so far, the culprit seems to be a small pair of mods I downloaded in order to automaticaly solve conflicting recipes (namely: "crafting" and "simplecrafting_lib"), rather than anything from dreambuilder.
Bad news: I'll have to solve all further conflicting recipes manualy, and probably search and contact the developer of the aforementioned pair of mods, but I doubt there is anything they can do about it...

As for the tests: Test worlds were named T{number} for convenience. All worlds were loaded in creative mode with damage disabled, with a random seed, on mapgen V7. Unless stated otherwise, "Full pack" or "pack" is the dreambuilder modpack. "RAM used" is minetest.exe's process' RAM usage. Mods outside the parentesis are not from the pack. The brief freezes seem to always happen at the same 2 points: 1st at "Creating server..." and 2nd at "Initializing nodes ... 7%", always causing the window to show a "(Not responding)" label before recovering and working again.

T001: LOADED. 1.625 MB RAM used.
MODs: Full pack alone.
Note: loaded twice because I forgot to check the RAM.
T002: LOADED. 455 MB RAM used.
MODs: xdecor + (anvil + crafting_bench + invsaw + moreblocks + unified_inventory).
T003: LOADED. 1.676 MB RAM used.
MODs: xdecor + Full pack.
Note: briefely freezes twice while loading, but opens the world.
T004: LOADED. 1.707 MB RAM used.
MODs: ethereal + Full pack.
Note: briefely freezes twice while loading, but opens the world. I was actualy surprized it didn't perma-freeze this time...
T005: Stuck on "Creating server..." for several minutes. 440 MB RAM used, slowly increasing to 460 MB RAM used over 5 minutes (~+4MB/min).
MODs: crafting + simplecrafting_lib + Full pack.
Note: I closed the engine and have reasons to belive this mod meant to solve the crafting conflicts might be responsible for the loading times...
T006: LOADED. 1.764 MB RAM used.
MODs: ethereal + biofuel + digtron + escape_wings + factory + modutil + orewood_reborn + special_picks + xdecor + Full pack.
Note: briefely freezes twice while loading, but opens the world and loads faster than expected.
T007: LOADED, but crashed.
MODs: all of those mentioned in T006 + basic_houses + several random mods.
Note: briefely freezes twice while loading, but opens the world. And then crashes after loading the hotbar, but before loading the nodes. The crash seems to be caused by one of sokomine's mods, but I may have done something wrong that resulted in it.
Note to self: talk to sokomine and show the debug's log soonTM.
T008: LOADED. 1.800 MB RAM used.
MODs: Those mentioned in T007 minus basic_houses and handle_schematics.
Note: briefely freezes twice while loading, but opens the world.
-------------------------------------------------

I can't belive I didn't suspect that pair of mods before... They are so small... And so demanding... I only suspected them after I managed to load the world with ethereal in it...
Would you like me to run more tests?

I can't seem to be able to add the debug text from the tests above here in the forum...
Anyway, thanks for the attention and patience... And sorry about my noobness...

VanessaE

Re: [Modpack] Dreambuilder [20191103-1616][dreambuilder]

by VanessaE » Post

Build #20191103-1317, added runsy's cool_trees modpack (all components), and updated castles, farming redo, maptools, mesecons, moreblocks, moreores, signs_lib, technic, unified inventory, and worldedit.

Known issues: when a cool_trees tree grows, it may not always replace its sapling. A bug report has already been filed.

EDIT: Build #20191103-1616, updated cool_trees again (sapling bug was fixed)

We're kinda in "beta" mode, so I won't be uploading these latest builds to contentdb yet.

Rayjack
In-game: Rayjack

by Rayjack » Post

Ok I got this error after downloading today and just enabling the dreambuilder modpack:

Code: Select all

Runtime error from mod '' in callback handleMainMenuButtons(): ...t/1169/bin/../share/minetest/builtin/mainmenu/pkgmgr.lua:416: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
	...t/1169/bin/../share/minetest/builtin/mainmenu/pkgmgr.lua:416: in function 'enable_mod'
	.../../share/minetest/builtin/mainmenu/dlg_config_world.lua:152: in function 'handle_buttons'
	.../minetest/1169/bin/../share/minetest/builtin/fstk/ui.lua:135: in function 'handle_buttons'
	.../minetest/1169/bin/../share/minetest/builtin/fstk/ui.lua:179: in function <.../minetest/1169/bin/../share/minetest/builtin/fstk/ui.lua:165>
What should I do?
Thank You
Attachments
Screenshot from 2020-01-19 17-43-15.png
Screenshot from 2020-01-19 17-43-15.png (85.35 KiB) Viewed 2590 times

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Enabling a mod or modpack does not run any code in the mod(s), so this would be a client problem I guess, and not in Dreambuilder.

Rayjack

by Rayjack » Post

1. Dreambuilder modpack.txt is empty ... could that be the problem?
2. I can enable other modpacks.
3. I did not get the error enabling (the individual mods in Dreambuilder) them one at a time.
4. I was able to run a test mod just fine (that wasn't a modpack).
5. Could "cooltrees", a modpack in a modpack cause that problem?
I hope my computer ignorance isn't shining through too much here.
SOLUTION (EDIT):
yep, pulled "cooltrees" out at the suggestion by player Halt ... and the modpack enabled ... so that must be the issue

Rayjack

by Rayjack » Post

Ok I pulled all the folders out so it isn't a modpack in a modpack. This avoids the error message when enabling. FYI baobab is incomplete (doesn't work) but I tested all the other trees in creative and they worked. I'm new to playing with Git-whatever but I can drag and drop folders:
https://gitlab.com/Rayjack/dreambuilder ... atch-39282
Should I click "create merge request"?

TechnoWolfTV
In-game: TechnoWolfTV

by TechnoWolfTV » Post

Hi Vanessa, just wanted to say thanks for Dreambuilder! I've decided to check back in on Minetest after some years, and with your modpack, I am enjoying it a great deal indeed.
Last edited by TechnoWolfTV on Mon Feb 03, 2020 14:58, edited 1 time in total.

TechnoWolfTV

by TechnoWolfTV » Post

Is Dreambuilder intended for use on mapgen v6? I know it "works" with v7 but the reason I ask, I've had a mapgen v7 game going and could not locate papyrus. Assuming I was just being impatient or not exploring enough, I went as far as to go into fly fast mode and flew over 10K in all directions for many hours, to recon waterlines/shorelines of all types and it's just not there in any biome. So, I decided to test the same seed in mapgen v6 and within a few minutes of slow walking, I spotted loads of papyrus. In the same v6 world, I went into fly mode and saw that it's actually relatively abundant. I'm guessing there's some conflict between Dreambuilder's mods/custom scripts and v7's spawn instruction which is nullifying papyrus spawn? If so, is there a "fix" which one can apply if wishing to use mapgen v7?
Thanks again for all your work and a wonderful modpack!

EDIT 02/10/2020:
I've experienced the same runtime errors as Rayjack reports, when using your latest build from https://gitlab.com/VanessaE/dreambuilder_modpack. When I use whatever build is currently published at https://content.minetest.net/packages/V ... r_modpack/ there are no errors, so that's the one I'm using to play for now.

ShallowDweller

by ShallowDweller » Post

TechnoWolf wrote:I've experienced the same runtime errors as Rayjack reports, when using your latest build from https://gitlab.com/VanessaE/dreambuilder_modpack. When I use whatever build is currently published at https://content.minetest.net/packages/V ... r_modpack/ there are no errors, so that's the one I'm using to play for now.
Same here. When using the gitlab version I have to disable unified inventory (and 3 other mods) in order to get the game to work, but the content.minetest version works just fine with unified inventory (and the other 3 mods).

neoh4x0r
GitHub: neoh4x0r

by neoh4x0r » Post

ShallowDweller wrote:
TechnoWolf wrote:I've experienced the same runtime errors as Rayjack reports, when using your latest build from https://gitlab.com/VanessaE/dreambuilder_modpack. When I use whatever build is currently published at https://content.minetest.net/packages/V ... r_modpack/ there are no errors, so that's the one I'm using to play for now.
Same here. When using the gitlab version I have to disable unified inventory (and 3 other mods) in order to get the game to work, but the content.minetest version works just fine with unified inventory (and the other 3 mods).
The latest release on content db is: 20191012-1124
The latest tagged version on gitlab is: 20191103-1616

I would recommend trying with 20191012-1124 from the tags page on gitlab.
In theory this version (according to the report) works when downloaded from content db, so it should work when downloaded from gitlab.
https://gitlab.com/VanessaE/dreambuilder_modpack/-/tags

I suspect, since the report involves unififed inentory and several other mods, that it was broken in: 20191103-1317
commit: 97197e3d98b1254fab9d9b0de60473cc0a2218d8
add cool_trees modpack (all components):
update castles, farming redo, maptools, mesecons,
moreblocks, moreores, signs_lib, technic,
unified inventory, and worldedit
https://gitlab.com/VanessaE/dreambuilde ... cc0a2218d8

VanessaE

Re: [Modpack] Dreambuilder [20200216-1308][dreambuilder]

by VanessaE » Post

Build #20200216-0145, updated plantlife, castles, basic_materials, cool_trees, currency, digistuff, farming_redo, technic, glooptest, homedecor, maptools, mesecons, moreblocks, moreores, pipeworks, teleport_request, unified_inventory, unifieddyes, worldedit, and xban

Oh, and I updated the contentdb release as well :-P

EDIT: Build #20200216-1308, I screwed up the cool_trees mod--PACK. Fixed. Added bonemeal also.

Note: Dreambuilder requires Minetest 5.1.0 or above.

TechnoWolfTV

Re: [Modpack] Dreambuilder [20200216-1308][dreambuilder]

by TechnoWolfTV » Post

Build #20200216-1308 seems to be working great so far. I use additional mods:
Mobs-Animal
Mobs-Monster
Mobs-Redo
...and some others. I wanted the crossbow (from Dreambuilder's Castle Weapons) to work on the mobs I've added, so I went into .\mods\dreambuilder\castle_weapons\crossbow.lua and edited (added, really) from line 38:

Code: Select all

CROSSBOW_ENTITIES = {
"mobs:chicken",
"mobs:cow",
"mobs:dirt_monster",
"mobs:dungeon_master",
"mobs:goat",
"mobs:mese_monster",
"mobs:npc",
"mobs:oerkki",
"mobs:pig",
"mobs:pumba",
"mobs:rat",
"mobs:rhino",
"mobs:sand_monster",
"mobs:sheep",
"mobs:spider",
"mobs:stone_monster",
"mobs:tree_monster",
-- Crossbow Entities Edits
"mobs_animal:bee",
"mobs_animal:bunny",
"mobs_animal:chicken",
"mobs_animal:cow",
"mobs_monster:dirt_monster",
"mobs_monster:dungeon_master",
"mobs_animal:kitten",
"mobs_monster:lava_flan",
"mobs_monster:mese_monster",
"mobs_monster:oerkki",
"mobs_animal:panda",
"mobs_animal:penguin",
"mobs_animal:rat",
"mobs_monster:sand_monster",
"mobs_animal:sheep",
"mobs_monster:spider",
"mobs_monster:stone_monster",
"mobs_monster:tree_monster",
"mobs_animal:warthog",
}
So far in testing, the dirt_monster and tree_monster now take crossbow damage and die after a shot or two. Yay! I'm assuming other monsters will work fine, but time will tell. In testing a cow and sheep (unsure if they are being spawned by the "Mobs-Animal" mod I've added, from somewhere within Dreambuilder, or perhaps vanilla Minetest), neither took crossbow damage but still do from any sword. I found a few bunnies in the woods, and the crossbow does indeed hit and kill them. Could the cow and sheep just have super small hit boxes or something? I doubt it because a sword hit connects no matter where you hit them.
Anyone have any ideas what I'm missing or doing wrong?

VanessaE

Re: [Modpack] Dreambuilder [20200228-1148][dreambuilder]

by VanessaE » Post

Buiild #20200228-1148, updated castles, bonemeal, homedecor, pipeworks, signs_lib, cool_trees

Regarding your changes to the crossbow, yell at Philipbenr to get them added officially :-)

Tenplus1 is the person to talk to about changes to mobs_redo.