[game] Dreambuilder [20210626-0349]

ywwv

Re: [game] Dreambuilder [20210302-0653]

by ywwv » Post

im imagiing a sphere. im imagingin isosurfaces in my head . in fact I think entirely non verbally in 4D shapes ( I have autism) . can I build these. mine test only has squares. im lookign for mod to fix that permanently . I think this world should be washed away. but I can save two squares in a raft like noahs ark . the rest wont be squares though because that is boring

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Well at this point I'm mostly satisfied with the new theming engine, if you can call it that.

I've made it possible to install new themes: just download and install a Dreambuilder theme mod, enable it in your world config like any other mod, then go into the game settings and set dreambuilder_theme to the technical name of the theme you want to use (or put dreambuilder_theme = technical name in your minetest.conf). If you don't change this setting, DB will continue to use the default theme regardless of what else you've installed. Doing it this way makes it possible to install multiple theme mods and just select between them by a config change, without having to enable/disable them in the mods screen.

Right now, there are only two themes: a "light" one that's meant to be similar to how Minetest used to look in times past, and a "high contrast" one, which is meant to look kinda similar to desktop environment themes that go by that term. That one is kinda ugly, but I made it as a proof-of-concept, just to show how it can differ from the light theme, and as a test to help me weed-out display bugs in the new code. Their technical names are dbtheme_light and dbtheme_high_contrast, respectively. Dreambuilder comes with the standard light theme by default. You can find them both here:

https://gitlab.com/VanessaE/dreambuilder_themes

To get the code updates that make it work, you'll have to pull from Dreambuilder's git repository if you don't use it already. I have not spun a new Content Store release yet... I'm waiting a bit longer in case of bugs/issues, plus I want to apply the new code to some more items in the game first.

These updates require Minetest 5.4.0-release. Do not use 5.5.0-dev, there's a bug in the way it handles colors, which breaks a couple of the theme settings.

One thing of note: Please make sure you've set the GUI scaling and font size in Minetest to something appropriate for your screen. High resolution monitors may need the scaling to be turned down and font size to be turned up, otherwise GUI elements may be distorted or inaccurately positioned and spaced. This would affect all other games and mods too, not just Dreambuilder, but with these latest changes, it's a little more important that it's properly-set, now. :-)

For example: a scaling of 0.57 and font size of 26 is about right for a 31 inch "4k" (16:9) screen, according to one of my public game servers' users, while my 20 inch 1600x1200 (4:3) screen does fine with the default scaling of 1.0 and a font size of 18.

I welcome contributions to the theme collection.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

VanessaE

Re: [game] Dreambuilder [20210325-1929]

by VanessaE » Post

Ok, I think it's had enough time to "gestate" on my public servers, and no one but me has any gripes :-) , so it's time to spin a new stable release!

Build #20210325-1929 is available. This build firms-up the theming features and extends that to more of the game's mods (there's still a ways to go, but it's decent now), and brings with it updates to biome_lib, dreambuilder_hotbar, technic, home_workshop, invsaw, unified_inventory, and signs_lib.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

VanessaE

Re: [game] Dreambuilder [20210326-2343]

by VanessaE » Post

Build #20210326-2343, updated homedecor and unified dyes

VanessaE

Re: [game] Dreambuilder [20210328-0214]

by VanessaE » Post

Build #20210328-0214, updated cool trees, plantlife, bees, digistuff, farming redo, led_marquee, mesecons, moreblocks, stained_glass, technic, and titanium

Marshall_maz
In-game: Mazal

by Marshall_maz » Post

Thank you for all your work VanessaE

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

You're very welcome :-)

VanessaE

Re: [game] Dreambuilder [20210407-0744]

by VanessaE » Post

Build #20210407-0150, updated biomelib, plantlife, pipeworks, unified inventory,
ambience, gloopblocks, and homedecor.

I strongly recommend everyone update, as this contains important bugfixes! See viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12999&p=393075#p393075 for more info.

Edit: bui-- buil-- Okay, build #20210407-0744, updated biome_lib ...twice, and moretrees too (just once :-P)

VanessaE

Re: [game] Dreambuilder [20210408-0810]

by VanessaE » Post

Build #20210408-0810, updated biome_lib (twice)

VanessaE

Re: [game] Dreambuilder [20210409-1327]

by VanessaE » Post

Build #20210409-0342, updated bonemeal, farming redo, and mesecons

Edit: build #20210409-1327, updated biome_lib

VanessaE

Re: [game] Dreambuilder [20210410-0618]

by VanessaE » Post

Build #20210410-0618, updated biome_lib again

VanessaE

Re: [game] Dreambuilder [20210416-1313]

by VanessaE » Post

Build #20210416-1045, updated biome_lib, homedecor and home workshop

Edit: build #20210416-1313, updated biome_lib again.

Note: The minetest.conf item biome_lib_queue_run_ratio has been changed to biome_lib_queue_ratio, and its default has been changed to -200. Be sure you check your config and adjust as needed.

VanessaE

Re: [game] Dreambuilder [20210420-1347]

by VanessaE » Post

Build #20210420-1231: updated unified dyes

Edit: build #20210420-1347, updated biome_lib

VanessaE

Re: [game] Dreambuilder [20210423-1848]

by VanessaE » Post

Build #20210423-1704, updated biome_lib

Please note: you'll see a LOT of "biome_lib:something() is deprecated!" warnings at startup now. You can ignore them, they're harmless, and they'll go away in time as mods that use biome_lib are updated to use newer function names.

Edit: build #20210423-1848, updated biome_lib again

CupCake_
IRC: CupCake_
In-game: CupCake_

by CupCake_ » Post

Profiter de la nouvelle mise à jour et de tout le mod en général! :>

loosewheel
GitHub: loosewheel
In-game: loosewheel

by loosewheel » Post

I wanted a smaller item frame to put on chests, but still be able to access the chest behind. I modified my local version and added it. It is just a duplicate of the item frame at a smaller size. I don't know how to work gitlab so I placed the modified itemframe mod on github here, if you're interested in including it in the mod pack.

PS. I also checked the placer for nil in the after_place_node handlers. This was causing a problem with another mod, so I fixed it while I was there.

PPS. The language files were modified using google translate. I don't speak any of those languages, so no guaranties.

Stachel

by Stachel » Post

Hello,

I can't play the game as a server! I start the server and after a few seconds it loses the connection or it times out!

(translated by google)

VanessaE

Re: [game] Dreambuilder [20210522-0439]

by VanessaE » Post

Sorry for the delays folks, I've been preoccupied a lot lately...

Build #20210522-0439, updated ambience, bonemeal, cblocks, digilines, farming redo, home workshop, homedecor, mesecons, pipeworks, technic, unified inventory, and worldedit

loosewheel: Please get Gitlab set up, and submit a merge request through there. I'm old and crotchety, or maybe just a little lazy. You gotta make it easy on me. :-)

Stachel: Without a full debug log, I can't do much to help you. However, there IS a bug in some recent Minetest development snapshots that will cause timeouts in singleplayer mode even on the simplest setups, if the game takes too long to start -- even not using Dreambuilder. I don't see why that couldn't also happen in server/multi-player mode... this may be the problem you're having. Either that or you're misusing/misconfiguring your network settings (firewall, port forwarding, IP/LAN address, that sorta thing).

aracnus
GitHub: aracnus
IRC: aracnus
In-game: aracnus

by aracnus » Post

Hi Vanessa! I installed a fresh new remote server and when I use default minetest game, the water is transparent (as expected, with my client settings). Then I put dreambuider as a new game (into "games" directory) and changed server settings to use it as default game. Now the water is not transparent anymore.

The problem occurs only when I use dreambuilder. I changed back to minetest and water became transparent again. I tried to set "opaque_water = false" on server's minetest.conf, with no success. Is there any other thing that I need to do?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

To my knowledge, there's nothing in my game that changes the water's appearance, and it works fine for me in singleplayer and on my servers...

Marshall_maz
In-game: Mazal

by Marshall_maz » Post

aracnus wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 21:34
Hi Vanessa! I installed a fresh new remote server and when I use default minetest game, the water is transparent (as expected, with my client settings). Then I put dreambuider as a new game (into "games" directory) and changed server settings to use it as default game. Now the water is not transparent anymore.

The problem occurs only when I use dreambuilder. I changed back to minetest and water became transparent again. I tried to set "opaque_water = false" on server's minetest.conf, with no success. Is there any other thing that I need to do?
Wasn't this pack changed to a modpack a while ago and should be placed in the "mods" folder ? Or was it changed to a game again ?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

It was, but has since been converted back into a game, since minetest_game forms its base, and that project is basically frozen now (less for me to have to track :-) ).

aracnus
GitHub: aracnus
IRC: aracnus
In-game: aracnus

by aracnus » Post

VanessaE wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 21:44
To my knowledge, there's nothing in my game that changes the water's appearance, and it works fine for me in singleplayer and on my servers...
I guess I found the problem, Vanessa: I was using version 5.3 of Minetest and Dreambuilder needs 5.4. I'm using the latest available version of minetest-server package on Debian backports, so I wrongly supposed I had 5.4 installed.

And since I can't mess with packages in this server, I'll try to solve it another way (maybe installing mods separately).

Anyway, thank you for your return!

VanessaE

Re: [game] Dreambuilder [20210626-0349]

by VanessaE » Post

Build #20210626-0349: updated plantlife, cool trees, ambience, bonemeal, cblocks, cottages, farming_redo, pipeworks, signs_lib, and unified inventory

Also, I got rid of the player textures mod. I know that may upset a few people, but it's obsolete and there are better skins mods out there. I recommend skinsdb: viewtopic.php?t=17899

TechnoWolfTV
In-game: TechnoWolfTV

by TechnoWolfTV » Post

VanessaE wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 13:17
I've made it possible to install new themes: just download and install a Dreambuilder theme mod, enable it in your world config like any other mod, then go into the game settings and set dreambuilder_theme to the technical name of the theme you want to use (or put dreambuilder_theme = technical name in your minetest.conf). If you don't change this setting, DB will continue to use the default theme regardless of what else you've installed.
Hi Vanessa, to date I've never been able to successfully enable any theme other than default. Although it's likely that it's something I'm doing incorrectly or not doing correctly, I thought to finally come and ask to confirm that. So, as an example case, I've placed the extracted folder, "dreambuilder_theme_high_contrast" directly into the client root "mods" folder. I then go to "Settings / All Settings / Games / Dreambuilder Game / Dreambuilder theme, name" and change the value from, "dbtheme_light" to "dbtheme_high_contrast". I then go into Dreambuilder Game and create a new test world. I then go Select Mods for the test world and be sure that the "dreambuilder_theme_high_contrast" mod is enabled. When running the game, the theme is default. The setting appears to have stuck as evidenced by "dreambuilder_theme.name = dbtheme_high_contrast" now being appended to the minetest.conf. So, what am I doing wrong? Thanks!