Forum is now hosted by celeron55 (report issues here)

sorcerykid

GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

srifqi

GitHub: srifqi
IRC: srifqi
In-game: srifqi

Re: Forum is now hosted by celeron55 (report issues here)

by srifqi » Wed Aug 16, 2017 15:46

Seems like no way to do that, try to contact the author (again).
I'm from Indonesia! Saya dari Indonesia!
Terjemahkan Minetest!
Mods by me. Modifikasi oleh saya.

Pronounce my nick as in: es-rifqi (IPA: /es rifˈki/)

Sokomine

GitHub: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Sun Aug 27, 2017 03:17

I'd be glad if the signatures where smaller or could be disabled in some way. The actual content of the messages is so often hidden behind all those other things the forum adds.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Lone_Wolf

GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: Lone_Wolf
In-game: Lone_Wolf or Somebody

by Lone_Wolf » Sun Aug 27, 2017 03:47

Sokomine wrote:I'd be glad if the signatures where smaller or could be disabled in some way. The actual content of the messages is so often hidden behind all those other things the forum adds.

I'm all for decreasing the character limit
I've noticed the number of mods I can contribute to has decreased. I'm sticking with Github. Even though I don't like MS

muhdnurhidayat

GitHub: MuhdNurHidayat
IRC: muhdnurhidayat
In-game: muhdnurhidayat

by muhdnurhidayat » Sun Aug 27, 2017 08:37

Sokomine wrote:I'd be glad if the signatures where smaller or could be disabled in some way. The actual content of the messages is so often hidden behind all those other things the forum adds.

There is a way to hide the signature if you don't want to read them...
It's in User Control Panel > Board preferences > Edit display options > Display signatures ... turn it to "No" instead of "Yes"
or direct link: ucp.php?i=prefs&mode=view
[ Full signature ] - UTC+8 here, contributing to Minetest Wiki. I'm muhdnurhidayat in IFS (mod), HOMETOWN & others. / Twitter / MT Offtopic ✂️- - - - - -

You just read my profile, right?
Because these few texts of signature only appear on profile page as the texts are cut in signature. xD

Sokomine

GitHub: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Sun Aug 27, 2017 13:41

muhdnurhidayat wrote:There is a way to hide the signature if you don't want to read them...
It's in User Control Panel > Board preferences > Edit display options > Display signatures ... turn it to "No" instead of "Yes"
or direct link: ucp.php?i=prefs&mode=view

Aaah! Thanks! That helps a lot. I'd still prefer them to be just smaller (there might be reasonable information in a signature), but it's definitely better to have no signatures than to not to be able to find the actual text of a posting due to excessive signatures.
A list of my mods can be found here.

duane

GitHub: duane-r

RSS

by duane » Mon Sep 04, 2017 03:07

I'm told that phpbb supports RSS. Is a feed available? If not, is there any chance of getting it added?
Believe in people and you don't need to believe anything else.

rubenwardy

GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

Re: RSS

by rubenwardy » Mon Sep 04, 2017 13:02

duane wrote:I'm told that phpbb supports RSS. Is a feed available? If not, is there any chance of getting it added?

feed.php?mode=topics
Core Developer | Donate | My Twitter | Mods | Mods 4 Android | Node Box Editor | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

LgiOxMFYXOqtqVqMPhbw1Bn3oNRvEC7j

orwell

In-game: orwell

by orwell » Wed Jun 20, 2018 09:59

Hello everyone. I hope this is the right place to address this.
The Minetest forum is the main platform for all things going on in the Minetest community. In the recent time, however, other platforms have or will become more important, such as the Content Database. Since M$ has bought Github, I run a private issue tracker for my mods at http://mantis.bleipb.de/. Also, I heard that some servers have or plan to implement some sort of authentication outside minetest, to prevent griefers from just changing their user name.

At the moment, the content database uses GitHub's oauth as an alternative to manual sign-up. At my bug tracker, you need to sign up manually, same goes for those external auth servers.

Since almost every member of the community has an account here on the forum, it would be convenient if the forum would provide an OAuth API or something similar, so that players do not have to re-register on all relevant platforms.

Does PHPBB support this out of the box, or would it be needed to implement it? If so, I have some knowledge in PHP programming and could try to do this.
What do you think? Is an OAuth API for the forum useful, and do you think we should add it?
Lua is great!
List of my mods
I like singing. I like dancing. I like ... niyummm...

rubenwardy

GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:07

I investigated this before starting CDB. There aren't any oauth provider plugins for phpbb and it's not a feature it has builtin in. It would definitely be useful for cdb though. It shouldn't be too hard to do (right?). Just make sure you require a client id and secret, and only expose the username. Maybe also require users to click yes to approve the login, I guess that could depend on the client
Core Developer | Donate | My Twitter | Mods | Mods 4 Android | Node Box Editor | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

LgiOxMFYXOqtqVqMPhbw1Bn3oNRvEC7j

texmex

GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: texmex

by texmex » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:54

rubenwardy wrote:I investigated this before starting CDB. There aren't any oauth provider plugins for phpbb and it's not a feature it has builtin in. It would definitely be useful for cdb though. It shouldn't be too hard to do (right?). Just make sure you require a client id and secret, and only expose the username. Maybe also require users to click yes to approve the login, I guess that could depend on the client

celeron55 wrote:I hate phpBB, I hope you do too. It's a ridiculous clusterfuck hallmark of everything that is wrong in the PHP culture.

Seriously, isn’t it time we found a new forum software instead. The modern platforms all have decent plugin systems, in which an OAuth service plugin either already exists or is more easily implemented.

orwell

by orwell » Wed Jun 20, 2018 18:17

texmex wrote:
rubenwardy wrote:I investigated this before starting CDB. There aren't any oauth provider plugins for phpbb and it's not a feature it has builtin in. It would definitely be useful for cdb though. It shouldn't be too hard to do (right?). Just make sure you require a client id and secret, and only expose the username. Maybe also require users to click yes to approve the login, I guess that could depend on the client

celeron55 wrote:I hate phpBB, I hope you do too. It's a ridiculous clusterfuck hallmark of everything that is wrong in the PHP culture.

Seriously, isn’t it time we found a new forum software instead. The modern platforms all have decent plugin systems, in which an OAuth service plugin either already exists or is more easily implemented.

But that is nothing I can decide. Is a forum software switch foreseeable in the near future?
EDIT: reading more about the topic, since we do not need to access any API on the minetest forum side, it is sufficient to use OpenID instead of OAuth.
Lua is great!
List of my mods

Linuxdirk

In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Wed Jun 27, 2018 05:27

In the User Control Panel the section "Edit Profile" allows adding a GitHub name that will be linked in the profile and as post metadata. Since GitHub was purchased by Microsoft a lot of people left GitHub.

It would be a good idea to change "GitHub" to a more generic thing like "Git" or "Coding" and allow pasting an URL there. Or implement a drop-down of top 10 relevant Git hosting providers users can select and enter their user name.

orwell

by orwell » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:15

OpenID moved to new topic:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20372
Lua is great!
List of my mods

Previous

Return to News