Minetest 0.4.13

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

Re: Minetest 0.4.13

by Linuxdirk » Post

est31 wrote:@Linuxdirk: I have some trouble interpreting your table, but if I read it right, the translations aren't read, so the patch doesn't work?
No, you’re misinterpreting it. Setting CUSTOM_LOCALEDIR alone doesn’t work. But setting CUSTOM_LOCALEDIR and applying the patch does work. But only for 0.4.13 and the latest git version because the patch can’t be applied to 0.4.12.

est31
Developer

by est31 » Post

Merged it then to master, thanks.

Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

Sounds great! :)

Too bad subgames (including minetest_game) aren’t translated :( But it’s a first step in the right direction!

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

This is very exciting release with new features like beds, shelf, mushrooms, trapdoor, new slabs/stairs from wood/metals/straw, mese lights, minimap. Also present amazing snow biomes. I like them a lot!

Some screenshots:

Casimir
GitHub: CasimirKaPazi

by Casimir » Post

Linuxdirk wrote:Too bad subgames (including minetest_game) aren’t translated :( But it’s a first step in the right direction!
This is a workaround: https://github.com/CasimirKaPazi/vortoj
It works only server side but is sufficient for most cases. (And uses only eleven lines of code \o/)

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Fixerol wrote: This is very exciting release with new features like beds, shelf, mushrooms, trapdoor, new slabs/stairs from wood/metals/straw, mese lights, minimap. Also present amazing snow biomes. I like them a lot!
Yes, a lot of nice features showed up recently :-) It's less noticable when always working with latest git. New features show up much faster in that case. But that doesn't make them any less good :-)
A list of my mods can be found here.

Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

Casimir wrote:This is a workaround: […]
Exactly: A workaround. Not a solution :)

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

The new 4138 build crashes when players connect to my server giving this error:

2015-09-16 17:45:31: ERROR[Server]: ServerEnvironment::addActiveObjectRaw(): object position outside maximum range
minetest: /build/minetest-U7YZ7n/minetest-201509160101/src/server.cpp:1865: void Server::SendMovePlayer(irr::u16): Assertion `player' failed.

est31
Developer

by est31 » Post

TenPlus1, sorry for the inconvenience, the bug is fixed in 4139 builds and later. As a temporary workaround, set their coordinates in their player files to spawn (or any other location inside +-3000 in all directions). And next time they log out, they should again get back to spawn, so that when they log in after that, their coords aren't outside +- 3000.

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

That's gonna be a LOT of user files to check and change... o.O

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

Grep/sed is your friend.
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

est31
Developer

by est31 » Post

People, the fixed build is out already, just update.

swordpaint12
In-game: [swordpaint12][Belching_Balladeer]

by swordpaint12 » Post

Trying to download this on my new windows pc but nothing will save. I tried on the official downloads page but it wouldn't save when I told it to. I tried six. Freaking. Times. What's the matter? At current I am running 8.1...
God's not dead; remember that!
Yay for MT! No MC here!
I am a human. I'm younger than 100 years old.
I've been playing Minetest since December 2014.

I'm amazed that I haven't been on here in so long! My latest minetest accomplishment was mining by hand (well, as close as you can get in a computer game) a circle 30 blocks in diameter. It took forever but it's pretty cool.

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

swordpaint12 wrote:Trying to download this on my new windows pc but nothing will save..
Right click on the direct download link -> "Destination/Target save as..." and select your Desktop in the new popup window.
If that still doesn't work, upload a screenshot or join the IRC for quick support.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

LazerRay
GitHub: LazerRay

by LazerRay » Post

Its nice to have snow biomes in my worlds, but it seems like the desserts are now gone.

I tested version 0.4.13 on map gen 6 with my favorite seed and the dessert near the spawn point was gone.

swordpaint12
In-game: [swordpaint12][Belching_Balladeer]

by swordpaint12 » Post

I restarted my computer. It works just fine. Now I'm playing minetest defense!
God's not dead; remember that!
Yay for MT! No MC here!
I am a human. I'm younger than 100 years old.
I've been playing Minetest since December 2014.

I'm amazed that I haven't been on here in so long! My latest minetest accomplishment was mining by hand (well, as close as you can get in a computer game) a circle 30 blocks in diameter. It took forever but it's pretty cool.

pinkysnow
GitHub: pinkysnowman

by pinkysnow » Post

LazerRay wrote:Its nice to have snow biomes in my worlds, but it seems like the desserts are now gone.

I tested version 0.4.13 on map gen 6 with my favorite seed and the dessert near the spawn point was gone.
In fact there are still around, i have one on my world, well a few deserts :)

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

by paramat » Post

Yes deserts are still there. The new biome system for mgv6 (that adds snow biomes) moves the biomes around a little in relation to 'biome' and 'humidity' noises, also the scales of temperature and humidity variation are doubled.

philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

by philipbenr » Post

Desserts weren't ever there. Deserts on the other hand... ;)

bernman23

by bernman23 » Post

I think Mintest is just a clone of Minecraft that is free no matter how much you update Mintest it will always be just a free Minecraft clone because if you just put the right texture pack in and added some new features it can be nearly indistinguishable from Minecraft other than it doesn't require Java to run.

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

That's like saying all 3D games are clones of Doom, if you replace the graphics and changed some features.

Rendering methods isn't all that makes a game, it's also gameplay. You could update Minetest and make it into an FPS, in which case it wouldn't be a Minecraft clone.

It's important to define words, clone tends to mean an exact copy, undifferentiable.
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

kaadmy
GitHub: kaadmy
IRC: KaadmY
In-game: KaadmY kaadmy NeD

by kaadmy » Post

bernman23 wrote:I think Mintest is just a clone of Minecraft that is free no matter how much you update
[...]
nearly indistinguishable from Minecraft other than it doesn't require Java to run.
This is not true, as Minetest is simply a sandbox game engine, it is not required to be like Minecraft, it just looks like it.
With your logic, you could say Minecraft is a clone of Pixel Guns 3D, Infiniminer, Ace of Spades, Dungeon Keeper, and Dwarf Fortress.
Never paint white stripes on roads near Zebra crossings.

Pixture

AccidentallyRhine

by AccidentallyRhine » Post

bernman23 wrote:I think Mintest is viewed as just a clone of Minecraft that is free no matter how much you update Mintest it will always be viewed as just a free Minecraft clone because if you just put the right texture pack in and added some new features it can be nearly indistinguishable from Minecraft other than it doesn't require Java to run.
FTFY

Alienant1
In-game: alienant1 or alienant2

by Alienant1 » Post

I think I am having a similar issue to LazerRay in that I cannot find any deserts when using mapgen 7 in 0.4.12. Is this fixed as part of 0.4.13?

Also, I think that Minetest is better than Minecraft because it is written solely for people to have fun rather than to make money.
Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

deserts are there in mapgen v7, they are just rare, like savannas.
also i think that deserts only appear in lower terrain areas, while snowy biomes and glaciers are more common in higher terrain (mountain) areas.
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨