nrz
Developer
GitHub: nerzhul
IRC: nrzkt
In-game: nrz

Re: Minetest 0.4.16

by nrz » Post

PEAK wrote:Just updated to 0.4.16.
On the whole everything performs better!

But I get following errors:

debug.txt:

Code: Select all

2017-06-05 16:15:10: WARNING[Main]: /!\ You are using old player file backend. This backend is deprecated and will be removed in next release /!\
2017-06-05 16:15:10: WARNING[Main]: Switching to SQLite3 or PostgreSQL is advised, please read http://wiki.minetest.net/Database_backends.
I don't understand this. All my world.mt files have the line

backend = sqlite3
It's not an error but a warning on player files. On this release we introduced SQL backends for player files which will replace files backend in a future release. Look at the wiki page to know how to migrate your player files to sqlite3 or postgresql, it's a migration process

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

PEAK wrote:On the whole everything performs better!
Unfortunately not for me. Or maybe I'm just unlucky with my world causing the game to load too much data.

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

What about to add chairs and tables? They don`t enough much on default.

PEAK
In-game: PEAK

by PEAK » Post

nrz wrote:It's not an error but a warning on player files. On this release we introduced SQL backends for player files which will replace files backend in a future release. Look at the wiki page to know how to migrate your player files to sqlite3 or postgresql, it's a migration process
Ok, I understand.

My problem was: I didn't notice that there is now a new line at the very end of the (long) world.mt files:
player_backend = files
so it's not about the Map backend but the Player backend!

Anyway I tried
minetestserver --migrate-players <name of new backend> --world <path to your world directory>
but there's no "minetestserver" installed. Why not?

It is possible to replace
player_backend = files
with
player_backend = sqlite3

but then the player's data are reset. For creative mode it doesn't matter.
I am okay with using the screenshots in all my posts for the website of Minetest (http://minetest.net).

PEAK

by PEAK » Post

Linuxdirk wrote:
PEAK wrote:On the whole everything performs better!
Unfortunately not for me. Or maybe I'm just unlucky with my world causing the game to load too much data.
hmm, maybe the start of the program takes some more time than before on my machine...

Don't let the worlds grow too big and don't use too much mods.
(But worlds evolve and need more and more stuff... I know)
I am okay with using the screenshots in all my posts for the website of Minetest (http://minetest.net).

Nathan.S
GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21

by Nathan.S » Post

v-rob wrote:
Spoiler
YOU FORGOT TIN STAIRS!!!!
Tin stairs and slabs weren't in 0.4.16. I checked compiled a fresh build as soon as the release was made and checked for them. They might be in the dev builds now, but weren't in the release.
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website, and brand new Minetest Modding Course

octacian
GitHub: octacian
IRC: octacian
In-game: octacian

by octacian » Post

PEAK wrote:Anyway I tried
minetestserver --migrate-players <name of new backend> --world <path to your world directory>
You don't need minetestserver to run that command, instead just use minetest --server:
minetest --server --migrate-players <name of new backend> --world <path to your world directory>
MicroExpansion, Working Computers, All Projects - Check out my YouTube channel! (octacian)
I'm currently inactive in the Minetest community! So if I don't respond, that's why.

mnh48
GitHub: mnh48
IRC: MNH48
In-game: mnh48

by mnh48 » Post

octacian wrote:
You don't need minetestserver to run that command, instead just use minetest --server:
minetest --server --migrate-players <name of new backend> --world <path to your world directory>
because you didn't install it?

If it's a server-only binary, they might have minetestserver to run... but if it's cloned from git and compile ourselves (especially using 1-line script version), usually there's no minetestserver, instead run minetest --server ... (unless you follow the steps where it says "create minetestserver.sh" on certain server creation guide)

PinkCat

by PinkCat » Post

I love it so much!!!!!!! :D

Also, my friend says this:

Why did you remove Nyan cats? also if possible could you re-add Nyan cats and peanut butter and jelly pup to default game for 0.4.17? i have some good ideas if you would like to hear them

PEAK

by PEAK » Post

octacian wrote:You don't need minetestserver to run that command, instead just use minetest --server:
Ok, that worked. Thank you!

Worth to mention: I had to add

player_backend = files
to world.mt manually.

And <path to your world directory> must be quoted if it contains blanks.

PEAK

by PEAK » Post

muhdnurhidayat wrote:
octacian wrote:
because you didn't install it?

If it's a server-only binary, they might have minetestserver to run... but if it's cloned from git and compile ourselves (especially using 1-line script version), usually there's no minetestserver, instead run minetest --server ... (unless you follow the steps where it says "create minetestserver.sh" on certain server creation guide)
Such informations should be better documented.

red-001
GitHub: red-001
IRC: red-001

by red-001 » Post

PinkCat wrote:I love it so much!!!!!!! :D

Why did you remove Nyan cats? also if possible could you re-add Nyan cats and peanut butter and jelly pup to default game for 0.4.17? i have some good ideas if you would like to hear them
Trademark issues.

XtremeHacker
GitHub: MisterXtreme
IRC: MrXtreme
In-game: MrXtreme

by XtremeHacker » Post

red-001 wrote:
PinkCat wrote:I love it so much!!!!!!! :D

Trademark issues.
Potential trademark issues is why Nyan got booted, and PB & J just wasn't really a good replacement, too much like LEGO vs cheap chinese clones, and PB J was the knockoff (IMHO).
If you say that

function.name_of_thing_to_do
is impossible, then you didn't try hard enough. :P

Mods I work on: MicroExpansion

zing269

by zing269 » Post

nrz wrote: It's not an error but a warning on player files. On this release we introduced SQL backends for player files which will replace files backend in a future release. Look at the wiki page to know how to migrate your player files to sqlite3 or postgresql, it's a migration process
Why doesn't it create the player data in a sqlite3 db by default? I started clean, just unzipped the file into a new folder and didn't copy anything from any of my old installations, yet it creates player files rather than using the include sqlite3.

v-rob
Developer
GitHub: v-rob
IRC: v-rob

by v-rob » Post

Nathan.S wrote:
v-rob wrote:
Spoiler
YOU FORGOT TIN STAIRS!!!!
Tin stairs and slabs weren't in 0.4.16. I checked compiled a fresh build as soon as the release was made and checked for them. They might be in the dev builds now, but weren't in the release.
That's what I meant.
Core Developer | My Best Mods: Bridger - Slats - Stained Glass

Punk

by Punk » Post

ClaudiusMinimus wrote:Please tell us how to enable sneak ladders. See: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=17397
Thank you!

ratmix
In-game: ratmix

by ratmix » Post

Ruggero wrote:Since the update I've got lower FPS (60 --> 40) and the whole game is more laggy.Here is my hardware:

System:    Host: terminal Kernel: 4.4.0-78-generic x86_64 (64 bit gcc: 5.4.0)
           Desktop: Xfce 4.12.3 (Gtk 2.24.28) Distro: Linux Mint 18.1 Serena
Machine:   System: HP product: HP Notebook v: Type1ProductConfigId
           Mobo: HP model: 81F6 v: 66.30 Bios: Insyde v: F.17 date: 09/02/2016
CPU:       Quad core AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics (-MCP-) cache: 8192 KB
           flags: (lm nx sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 sse4a ssse3 svm) bmips: 17566
           clock speeds: max: 2200 MHz 1: 1000 MHz 2: 1300 MHz 3: 2000 MHz
           4: 1300 MHz
Graphics:  Card-1: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Mullins [Radeon R4/R5 Graphics]
           bus-ID: 00:01.0
           Card-2: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Sun XT [Radeon HD 8670A/8670M/8690M / R5 M330]
           bus-ID: 01:00.0
           Display Server: X.Org 1.18.4 drivers: ati,radeon (unloaded: fbdev,vesa)
           Resolution: 1366x768@60.00hz
           GLX Renderer: Gallium 0.4 on AMD MULLINS (DRM 2.43.0 / 4.4.0-78-generic, LLVM 3.8.0)
           GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 12.0.6 Direct Rendering: Yes
Audio:     Card-1 Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] FCH Azalia Controller
           driver: snd_hda_intel bus-ID: 00:14.2
           Card-2 Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Kabini HDMI/DP Audio
           driver: snd_hda_intel bus-ID: 00:01.1
           Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture v: k4.4.0-78-generic
Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 46.2C mobo: 20.0C gpu: 46.0,N/A
           Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: N/A
Info:      Processes: 194 Uptime: 3:01 Memory: 994.5/6920.9MB
           Init: systemd runlevel: 5 Gcc sys: 5.4.0
           Client: Shell (bash 4.3.481) inxi: 2.2.35 
Thanks
This thread probably isn't meant to be an issue tracker. You and others should post issues at Github or this stuff will get lost in all the chatter.
King of the Hill :: Modern Warfare Server RATMIX.COM:30000 | King of the Hill Community Site

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

v-rob wrote:YOU FORGOT TIN STAIRS!!!!
I have added them in my mod, Minetest Game Plus.

Your comment alone is the reason why I just made an update. :D

ForgiveAndromedalol
GitHub: ForgiveAndromedalol
IRC: Andromeda
In-game: Yam

by ForgiveAndromedalol » Post

I'm having trouble with my inventory plus plus... :(. It doesn't fit so well. I'll keep using 0.4.15 until I can fix the issue.
My MODS: Water Colors - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18241
BTW BLOCKS - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17654

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

@ForgiveAndromedalol: Inventory Plus Plus is a very, very old mod and it can be considered legacy with the introduction of sfinv into Minetest Game. Try to get rid of it. Sfinv is the next generation of the Minetest Game inventory menu, it is the mod which makes the tabbed inventory menu possible and is much better than Inventory Plus Plus.

The “buttons” feature can emulated by the sfinv_buttons mod.

Just convince the modders of your favourite mods to adopt sfinv and/or sfinv_buttons.
By the way, what mods do you need for Inventory Plus Plus support?

ForgiveAndromedalol
GitHub: ForgiveAndromedalol
IRC: Andromeda
In-game: Yam

by ForgiveAndromedalol » Post

Wuzzy wrote:@ForgiveAndromedalol: Inventory Plus Plus is a very, very old mod and it can be considered legacy with the introduction of sfinv into Minetest Game. Try to get rid of it. Sfinv is the next generation of the Minetest Game inventory menu, it is the mod which makes the tabbed inventory menu possible and is much better than Inventory Plus Plus.

The “buttons” feature can emulated by the sfinv_buttons mod.

Just convince the modders of your favourite mods to adopt sfinv and/or sfinv_buttons.
By the way, what mods do you need for Inventory Plus Plus support?
Oh really. Good news n_n. I'll recover sfinv and remove inv ++, let me see how it goes. Thanks wuzzy n_n <3.
My MODS: Water Colors - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18241
BTW BLOCKS - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17654

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

Wuzzy wrote:Sfinv is the next generation of the Minetest Game inventory menu, it is the mod which makes the tabbed inventory menu possible and is much better than Inventory Plus Plus.
Is it already capable to properly adapt to fomspecs of different sizes?

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

Linuxdirk wrote:
Wuzzy wrote:Sfinv is the next generation of the Minetest Game inventory menu, it is the mod which makes the tabbed inventory menu possible and is much better than Inventory Plus Plus.
Is it already capable to properly adapt to fomspecs of different sizes?
Yes, use the size parameter of make_formspec
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

nrz
Developer
GitHub: nerzhul
IRC: nrzkt
In-game: nrz

by nrz » Post

zing269 wrote:
nrz wrote: It's not an error but a warning on player files. On this release we introduced SQL backends for player files which will replace files backend in a future release. Look at the wiki page to know how to migrate your player files to sqlite3 or postgresql, it's a migration process
Why doesn't it create the player data in a sqlite3 db by default? I started clean, just unzipped the file into a new folder and didn't copy anything from any of my old installations, yet it creates player files rather than using the include sqlite3.
We discussed about making it by default for new worlds but we decided to make it as a warning in this release and report the default for next release

tverrbjelke
GitHub: tverrbjelke
IRC: tverrbjelke
In-game: SirBrick

Migrate from 14 to 16 - fails to import existing world.

by tverrbjelke » Post

Migrate from 14 to 16 - fails to import existing world.

Hei, I succeeded compiling the new version 16 with this simple bash script https://github.com/tverrbjelke/compile_minetest

In my compile script I have not changed my compile flags.

export BUILD_OPTS="-DRUN_IN_PLACE=TRUE -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DENABLE_GETTEXT=1 \
  -DENABLE_FREETYPE=1  -DBUILD_CLIENT=1 -DBUILD_SERVER=1 -DENABLE_CURL=1  -DENABLE_GLES=1 \
  -DENABLE_LEVELDB=0 -DENABLE_SPATIAL=1 -DENABLE_LUAJIT=1 -DENABLE_SYSTEM_GMP=1 \
  -DENABLE_REDIS=1 -DENABLE_SOUND=1"
My systems are Ubuntu 12.04 and debian-jessy.

I have then added the recent version of mod dreambuilder viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9196

git clone https://github.com/VanessaE/dreambuilder_modpack.git ${DEST_BASE}/${MINETEST}/mods/dreambuilder_modpack
Then I just rsynced (copied) my existing mod wardrobe from game version .14 into the .16, and just copied also the existing world and players folder. Starting the new version of minetestserver somehow worked. I could login with my admin player. But some nodes (should be e.g. stones) just are displaying a texture saying "unknown node"!

So I really want to give my players the new version. How shall I migrate the world?

I see search.php?keywords=migrate&fid%5B0%5D=11
You don't need minetestserver to run that command, instead just use minetest --server: minetest --server --migrate-players <name of new backend> --world <path to your world directory> Ok, that worked. Thank you! Worth to mention: I had to add player_backend = files to world.mt ...

by PEAK
Tue Jun 06, 2017 21:03
But honestly I don't understand what that is about. <name of new backend> - I dont know what a name of a new backend means... (maybe I need a simple example so I know what to fill in <>?)

Same with this:http://wiki.minetest.net/Command_line

--migrate <value> - Migrate from current backend to another (only works when using minetestserver or --server)

--migrate-players <value> - Migrate from current player backend to another (only works when using minetestserver or --server) 
I dont know what exactly (as string) <current backend> and <value> could/should contain. Is that a version "0.4.14" or "0.4.16"? or is that relating to http://wiki.minetest.net/Database_backends#Map_backend

My compile flags suggest I am using redis as "backend" for the world map. right?
So what have I done wrong?
How can I import the world correctly?

I added some more debug messages, maybe it is also related to dreambuilder mod? please see viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9196&p=276207#p276207
I am not sure where to post this exactly...
HELP PLEASE!