Warning: Rewrite of Mapgen V7 floatlands

cuthbertdoublebarrel
GitHub: cuthbert

Re: Warning: Rewrite of Mapgen V7 floatlands

by cuthbertdoublebarrel » Post

paramat wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 23:34
any half-generated floatland lakes will then leak water onto the terrain below.
what on earth have you been fiddling around with up there ?
its not water leaking but lava .a huge block just flowing down . its massive and swallowing villages . how many buckets of water do you recommend i craft to put it out ?

serious hat on
Floatlands are great functional eyecandy . Shadows are great an all but please provide an option to disable the floatland shadows as they are likely to cause a lot of lag for faster paced action games .
make it optional corperate eyecandy for those that desire minetest to be a carbon copy of the mainstream look .
Unlike other engines there is no device optimization that identifies the players system and reduces the effects and spawn rates so that the gameplay runs smoothly . I have a gaming laptop so i crank things up but without device optimization how do we cater for different devices ?
I had only very slight lag with loads of effects and eyecandy running on the previous version . this version of MT is no where near running as smoothly so this is a big problem so we need options to disable what you are adding .
Project BrutalTest...hide your Petz

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

cuthbertdoublebarrel wrote: its not water leaking but lava .a huge block just flowing down . its massive and swallowing villages .
To my knowledge, normal mapgen doesn't spawn lava above sea level. Are you using another mapgen? mg_villages also doesn't clear up all hills/mountains above a village - only what it can reach inside the current mapchunk. Mapgens with extremly high mountains may be problematic.
A list of my mods can be found here.

zadocallen
In-game: Leuden

by zadocallen » Post

arm all your players with water buckets