Minetest 5.4.1

mcaygerhard
GitHub: mckaygerhard
IRC: mckaygerhard
In-game: mckaygerhard

Re: Minetest 5.4.1

by mcaygerhard » Post

it seems developers dont understand.. i opened an issue and was so quick closed.. XD not the same for new releases problems XD

my venenux sub.nasa-g0v 0.4 server until 15.03.2021 was the most played server .. my host get down in second time.. due lack of funds.. so userbase reduce from 500 +/- to 300 +/-

most of the user base are kids using phones or tablets.. I bet you that when I come back online it will be again he steals users .. I see that the servers with 5.X do not exceed 20 users on average .. mine got to have 40 to 50 XD XD

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

by Festus1965 » Post

mcaygerhard wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 20:18
my venenux sub.nasa-g0v 0.4 server until 15.03.2021 was the most played server .. my host get down in second time.. due lack of funds.. so userbase reduce from 500 +/- to 300 +/-

most of the user base are kids using phones or tablets.. I bet you that when I come back online it will be again he steals users .. I see that the servers with 5.X do not exceed 20 users on average .. mine got to have 40 to 50 XD XD
That you had of still ahve more gamer then 5.x servers is so easy:
* devs failed to bring a good and spread original clients version out
* and bad programmers are only spreading 0.4.x versions as they get money for show ads at their clients in combination of low brain gamer, that use this clients

Or short: you spend money for your server, that is used by clients to generate some for others

this is, why I am back to 5.x and hidden server = I just promised to let it run for a year last november,
and so I do ... with off then 2022 and good by mt
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

mcaygerhard
GitHub: mckaygerhard
IRC: mckaygerhard
In-game: mckaygerhard

by mcaygerhard » Post

Festus1965 wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 00:58
yes.. but take in consideration is a collaborative project.. minecraft received money from mocosoft.. i hate to said that is a big problem that affect to all of us: minetest is promoted by itselft, mostly famous thanks to mineclone and relatives.. but minecraft receives much money.. the "god noch" (as the minecraftshit players call him) only cares about money.. and now M$ forced in lasted version to use M$ account to play servers (excep equacraft the most famous still is 1.8 to 1.16)
Festus1965 wrote:
* and bad programmers are only spreading 0.4.x versions as they get money for show ads at their clients in combination of low brain gamer, that use this clients
well is a open source, so the problem is the minetest project itselft that brings so easy instructions to stupid windosers that builds binary and upload it to google play, or put easy to use in wguindows M$ crap os..

I bet you that if it were difficult to compile minetest or mineclone for androit or windo .. this problem would not exist .. but it is too late .. the only solution is obvious: provide compatibility for also millions of old devices and outdated systems .. like I do
Festus1965 wrote:
mcaygerhard wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 20:18
this is, why I am back to 5.x and hidden server = I just promised to let it run for a year last november,
and so I do ... with off then 2022 and good by mt
umm i canot found in the minetest dot one the sourcdes neither in the gitea dot minetest dot one of your specific server.. i mean i try to do what you think. but i will provide better clients, not only the server.. i guess joining effors are better than just criticis here in this topic, check my two previous paragraphs

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

Festus1965 wrote:
Yes, those are the two most core issues with Minetest on mobile platforms. First, Minetest is only available for Android (not entirely Minetest's fault, though) - and second, the Android client is horribly bad (even some core devs agree with that). As said before: I don't think it's almost all mobile forks doing something right, it's more like the official client does something fundamentally wrong.

Also, I wouldn't say it's all low-brain gamers. The problem is, that there are simply no good alternatives to paid apps or apps with ads. The official client is horrible, and ad-free and usable forks are not available. The official client is not available for the second-most used mobile platform, either.

Since no-one from the core devs has time for that or is proficient enough in Android app development this won't change until magically an app developer joins the Minetest team.