Minetest 0.4.5 released!

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

Traxie21 wrote:Wait. Xyz's builds are for 32-bit Windows.... Try using PilzAdam or stfan5's builds instead.
Every win build of Minetest is for 32-bit.

Hgdavidy

by Hgdavidy » Post

Yes with the version from PilzAdam http://ompldr.org/vaHBiMg/minetest-0.4. … -win32.zip (aa77ee6) works

Traxie21

by Traxie21 » Post

I know that, but some might work in 64 better than others due to the compilation method.

Hgdavidy

by Hgdavidy » Post

Thanks for all.

The new version is worse than the previous in the fps, no ?

Traxie21

by Traxie21 » Post

Actually, I get a better FPS in this version than the last.

shadowwraith

by shadowwraith » Post

Hybrid Dog wrote:
shadowwraith wrote:Please bring back the Ubuntu Daily builds, it's been 10 days since the last build why the sudden stop?

i'm not comfortable going through the source build route, because it means installing a load of unnecessary packages along with dependants of those packages, then download the game source, extract it, then compile it, just to install and play the game assuming the compile was successful, not to mention in the read me there is no mention whether the dev and other packages required have to be 32bit or 64bit.

where as before you just installed the PPA. install the first daily build

and once each day - sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

no mess no fuss, clean and simple.

So please bring back the debian packages.
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php ... 458#p74458
Ok i've tried the script, but there is a conflict with the APT installed 0.4.4 debian version and the cmake compiled 0.4.5 version, because after the installation , i launched the game and it was still the 0.4.4-d1 version and not the 0.4.5 version

i had to remove both versions of the game and start the cmake -script installation again only to find out that it doesn't install game, it just upgrades the minetest_games folder.

so now i'm trying Calinou's installation script and hope it works, although according to the script it does not install to the standard linux directories i.e /usr/bin /usr/share/docs /usr/share/minetest etc

All this hassle just to run a bloody game!!!!
Last edited by shadowwraith on Sat Mar 09, 2013 22:19, edited 1 time in total.
"Spill some blood for me dear Brother" Vicente Valtiare, Oblivion

Currently using Minetest 0.4.7 Ubuntu Daily Build on Ubuntustudio 13.10 Saucy Salamander 64bit (based on Ubuntu 13:10)
Trolls will be shot on sight!!!

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Post

Nice work :-) good balance between new features and improved performance ( especially glad my doors and thin nodeboxes stopped flickering).

Just one con though, in creative mode the player should be able to pick up items regardless of if there's room in the inventory, either by optionally re-enabling the old behaviour, or alternatively, have the inventory shift every item by +1 position, so that the item being picked up is 1st and the 32nd item disappears, (my ui fork works that way but only for taking things from the creative inv).

All in all, nice release :-)

Jasmine Mika

by Jasmine Mika » Post

I can't hear any sound. I downloaded OpenAL, but it still doesn't work. Can someone tell me what I did wrong? For example, do I have to put the file in a specific folder?

Traxie21

by Traxie21 » Post

Dumb answer, but if OpenAL is installed, try going in-game and hitting ESC. Click Sound volume and make sure it's at %100

prestidigitator

by prestidigitator » Post

Jasmine Mika wrote:...do I have to put the file in a specific folder?
Be aware that the OpenAL download you've got is PROBABLY an installer. Rather than placing it somewhere, you'll most likely need to run it to install OpenAL on your OS.

RabbiBob

by RabbiBob » Post

Are there specific instructions for installing the server component from git anywhere? Whenever I compile from git this evening I get "ERROR[main]: Subgame [] could not be found." which I understand to be due to the repo split.

I've never had any issues using the stable releases and I see earlier in the thread that these are not going to be continued.

Thanks,
Bob

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

RabbiBob wrote:Are there specific instructions for installing the server component from git anywhere? Whenever I compile from git this evening I get "ERROR[main]: Subgame [] could not be found." which I understand to be due to the repo split.

I've never had any issues using the stable releases and I see earlier in the thread that these are not going to be continued.

Thanks,
Bob
Yeah, that sucks. I think the people running the show in Celeron55's place have something against decent operating systems, or something.

Download minetest_game and put it in the games directory. That should fix the issue.

EDIT: Also, in instructions are in Minetest's README.txt file.
Last edited by 0gb.us on Tue Mar 12, 2013 01:19, edited 1 time in total.

RabbiBob

by RabbiBob » Post

Thanks, found it after the post and poking around. Just a little frustrating after getting to a point with the game where it's not a chore to keep it running and something changes. I will say that now that I know how to do this, I can see where this is easier than using the stable release package repository.

Code: Select all

cd <install directory>
git clone git://github.com/minetest/minetest.git
cd minetest
cmake . -DRUN_IN_PLACE=1 
make -j2 
cd games
git clone git://github.com/minetest/minetest_game.git
cd ../bin
./minetestserver

chamweisheng

by chamweisheng » Post

my testshader1and2 fail to load?
WHY?!

chamweisheng

by chamweisheng » Post

my testshader1and2 fail to load?
WHY?!

PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

chamweisheng wrote:my testshader1and2 fail to load?
WHY?!
If you are using windows with directx you have turn them off because they are written in GLSL and only OpenGL supports this language.

PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

cHyper wrote:maybe the fire mod of minetest vanilla do not function yet.
why??
The fire mod works fine (its the same as the one from 0.4.4, 0.4.3, ...) but there are problems with sending many changed nodes from the server to the client in the latest dev version of minetest.

u34

by u34 » Post

PilzAdam wrote:The fire mod works fine (its the same as the one from 0.4.4, 0.4.3, ...) but there are problems with sending many changed nodes from the server to the client in the latest dev version of minetest.
fire mod and minetest 0.4.5 vanilla works fine.. but not with the latest dev-build from PilzAdam... !!!
maybe a bug?

mat8913

by mat8913 » Post

Hey guys, I was working on a Debian package but unfortunately, I haven't had much time to update it to 0.4.5 recently due to school work. Anyway, I'll upload it to https://mentors.debian.net/package/minetest when its done.

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

I'm sorry to drop the ball like this, but I'm not going to be able to put out the package I was planning. Things have been quite hectic lately, and quite frankly, I need a break.

Of course, I can't actually have the break I need, but I can drop a few of my activities for a while. I'm probably going to step away from Minetest for about a week at least.

chamweisheng

by chamweisheng » Post

PilzAdam wrote:
WHY?!
If you are using windows with directx you have turn them off because they are written in GLSL and only OpenGL supports this language.
How do I do it?

PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

chamweisheng wrote:
PilzAdam wrote:
WHY?!
How do I do it?
Either in the settings menu disable "Shaders" or in minetest.conf set enable_shaders = 0

chamweisheng

by chamweisheng » Post

PilzAdam wrote:
chamweisheng wrote:
PilzAdam wrote: If you are using windows with directx you have turn them off because they are written in GLSL and only OpenGL supports this language.
How do I do it?
Either in the settings menu disable "Shaders" or in minetest.conf set enable_shaders = 0
Thank you very much now can you tell me what server you always go to?

PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

chamweisheng wrote:
PilzAdam wrote:
chamweisheng wrote: How do I do it?
I dont play on servers.

chamweisheng

by chamweisheng » Post

PilzAdam wrote:
chamweisheng wrote:
PilzAdam wrote: Either in the settings menu disable "Shaders" or in minetest.conf set enable_shaders = 0
I dont play on servers.
Why?