[RUS] Clip Public Server

Russian
Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Re: [RUS] Clip Public Server

by Wuzzy » Post

CWz proposed to delist this server from the public server list, because it is “anarchist” and gives Minetest a bad image. (Well, that’s at least what CWz claimed …)
I am strongly against this proposal.

CWz
GitHub: chaoswormz
IRC: CWz
In-game: CWz

by CWz » Post

That "proposal" wasn't a proposal nor a suggestion it was an opinion. learn to tell the difference.

yaman

by yaman » Post

I would like to file a Huge grief by minacraft(which i think because they tried to do it again) or a player called TNTS according to some other players. I tried to fix as much as I could but what must have happened was a lot of tnts exploding at the same time. i didn't take screenshots before I fixed as much as I could but here is what I have done.

To put blocks to cover the protected areas I used a huge piston system

Here is the After -

I made a spawn platform underneath the original one because it got blown up -

Damage I could not fix -

My Ingame name is CatInTheHat

*EDIT* - Forgot to Include This. This grief is at spawn.

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

k, rebuilt spawn and emailed Clip new TNT mod update which stops ppl blowing up protected areas... <fingers crossed>

yaman

by yaman » Post

There was a water grief at the new spawn, i tried to fix most of it but some of it was infinite water source in a hard to reach area so i blocked it off.

Screenshots -

satchwell

by satchwell » Post

/home has stopped working since yesterday for me. The server says I don't have home privs.
Can me and any other players without this get it back? Or is the situation 'as designed'.

davidthecreator
GitHub: daviddoesminetest
In-game: DavidDoesMinetest

by davidthecreator » Post

i loooove tis server best server 4 ever

davidthecreator

home Works in areas locked by you so u cant get back home unles u got a protector there

sparky
GitHub: Elkien3
IRC: ircSparky
In-game: sparky

by sparky » Post

Who is the admin? I am aware that this is an "anarchist" server but ClipVillan teleports to my house, kills everyone he sees a couple of times, and if we are lucky enough to get his health low he teleports away. hes done it about 10 times now. if he keeps it up I'm going to leave this server. :( if there is a mod that makes it so you can't eat food or teleport instantaneously? or maybe get rid of diamond armor because its too overpowered.

CWz

by CWz » Post

sparky, you might want to consider going to another non anarchist server ain't no one going to help you here i ma afraid. not a fan of anarchist server myself.

Achilles
In-game: Achilles

by Achilles » Post

sparky wrote:Who is the admin? I am aware that this is an "anarchist" server but ClipVillan teleports to my house, kills everyone he sees a couple of times, and if we are lucky enough to get his health low he teleports away. hes done it about 10 times now. if he keeps it up I'm going to leave this server. :( if there is a mod that makes it so you can't eat food or teleport instantaneously? or maybe get rid of diamond armor because its too overpowered.
I agree that diamond armor was quite overpowered however as a result of a recent update, Diamond Armor (especially) has had its protection levels reduced by around 50%. Also the heal aspect of the armor, that makes it harder to injure a person, has been removed. This is in accordance to several complaints, and applies to all armors on Clips Public Server.

As to your comment on 'ClipsVillain', I am afraid there is nothing that can, should or will be done to him or about him. As you have said: Clips is an Anarchy server- There are no rules other than those that are necessary. I would advise you to start mining in order to attain a good armor suite or to attain one via other means (i.e joining an Alliance), else if you are attacked, it is highly likely that you will be defeated....
The Ironic Thing About Common Sense Is That It Isn't Very Common

sparky

by sparky » Post

As to your comment on 'ClipsVillain', I am afraid there is nothing that can, should or will be done to him or about him. As you have said: Clips is an Anarchy server- There are no rules other than those that are necessary. I would advise you to start mining in order to attain a good armor suite or to attain one via other means (i.e joining an Alliance), else if you are attacked, it is highly likely that you will be defeated....
I've joined an alliance and we've nearly killed him but he teleports away and then teleports back full health.
there is a difference between anarchy and cheating as means to kill everyone.
but as you suggested I will change servers.

Achilles

by Achilles » Post

sparky wrote:
I've joined an alliance and we've nearly killed him but he teleports away and then teleports back full health.
there is a difference between anarchy and cheating as means to kill everyone.
but as you suggested I will change servers.
From what you have said, he seems to use a hit-and-fade tactic. If you believe that it works effectively against you, then I would suggest that you try the same method against him. All you need is a bit of meat or another food supply to regenerate your hearts....

davidthecreator

Lollollol if u wana realy kill him jus Find out where he teleports ask One or two alience members to go there and hel Find a little surprise he didnt expected ;)

sparky

by sparky » Post

were it so easy...

davidthecreator

plz add some traps plz i need em wery badly to stop clipvillan and raider4
Last edited by davidthecreator on Mon Oct 20, 2014 15:56, edited 1 time in total.

Achilles

by Achilles » Post

sparky wrote:were it so easy...
davidthecreator wrote:Lollollol if u wana realy kill him jus Find out where he teleports ask One or two alience members to go there and hel Find a little surprise he didnt expected ;)
Its not that hard to be honest, I do not always play on my Admin account 'Achilles' and I have managed to kill him on my other account before...

Also now that it has been made easier to kill people who wear armor, you could ambush any foe of yours, when they die they lose there armor, so unless they have a large supply of diamond, it is not likely that they shall continually be spending 31+ diamond on a suit of armor, making it easier to kill them in the long run and preventing them from killing you...

sparky

by sparky » Post

maybe you should come on sometime. :D

Achilles

by Achilles » Post

sparky wrote:maybe you should come on sometime. :D
I do quite often :D

davidthecreator

is there suppost to be vater in the temple that says clip with diamond text ?

clip

by clip » Post

ВНИМАНИЕ!!!

в связи с потерей хостинга, сервер ищет нового хозяина, отдастся в хорошие и грамотные руки!
у кого есть возможность развернуть и поддерживать сервер, просьба откликнуться

ATTENTION!!!

due to the loss of hosting, the server looks for a new owner, give herself a good and competent hands!
who have the ability to deploy and maintain server, please respond

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

OldCoder is usually willing to host servers that would otherwise disappear. He can be reached on IRC.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Builder123
IRC: Builder123
In-game: Builder123

by Builder123 » Post

This server has major anarchy!!! Watch your back!!!

I can 't find an administrator online. If anyone knows how to contact the administrator please let me know.

I have an account on the Clip Server that is looking for a password that I did not intentionally do. Please contact me concerning reset of my password. My account is obviously Builder123.

Achilles (admin) was on line and disappeared - I see he has admin ability - please contact me.

Thanks

Builder123
IRC: Builder123
In-game: Builder123

by Builder123 » Post

I had an opportunity to review the postings concerning the control of anarchaic behavior on this server. I personally have complained about getting killed multiple times by the same attacker - hey, the rouges already stolen my possessions which is bad enough ( I feel that's greifing ).

Please consider putting a 'recovery status' on killed players - die once, and recover, say 2 minutes for the defeated player to restore armor and weapons or escape, as appropriate. That is my main point. I die - I lose an hour or so of mining progress - stripped bare, respawned - now I am unarmed - I die again - I am not pleased. I typically quit the game to wait until they're gone - BUT I can not even tell who killed me (when playing on phone - can't read the name). It also seems that they appear at one of my bases while I am placing collected items in my chests. Teleporting kills negate the use of safe rooms with steel doors - was not happy to see the killers walk through walls - even with protection blocks installed.

I was inexperiencd and did not know about protection blocks until after a rogue player stole my house and tree farm. I have been involved in a land grab - but ultimately I must be able to teleport to suprise kill the teleporting gangster members and rob them to get even. I am at war - but weapon and armor poor.

There is a certain makeup of the clip server population, the ruling mobsters and the "innocent townsfolk". I cannot fight until I have the right equipment - and I cannot attain this level of preparation for battle with the loss of countless playing hours on this server. The mobsters collect or dispose of hundreds or even thousands of items from thier ill gotton bounty. This makes progression to a stronger character much slower. The avarage player will have playing time limitations set by their parents, work school, chores, and for some - sleep.

There are kids logging on and getting killed at the spawn point. The spawn point should be protected from PVP until they venture deeper into the world. Another thought - is to put a PVP protect on new players until they put on armor for the first time - or some kind of PVP protection until the new player has time to develop.

In summary - I know that this is an anarchy server, but there must be controls placed on the powerful players in order to provide playability for other members. These are not policy change requests, but ideas to bolster the concept of creating a more even playing field for all.

I learn something new each day about game play - I even created an operating minetest server on my LAN using a linux computer (not public - and so simple!).

CWz

by CWz » Post

Builder123 wrote:snip.
you would probably have a better time if you locate to a more friendlier server .
such BigPappa server and CG72's Pvp server

Griefing and pvp is allowed on BigPappa's carbone server except in spawn of cause.
but there is some level of moderation there so it's not completely anarchy,
as some of the behaviors you experienced on here would be illegal there .
not to sure about CG72's Pvp server though

if you would rather play on peaceful servers you could checkout VanessaE's server or "onez minetest server".
Silvercrab is also a good option as well