[RUS] Clip Public Server

Russian
Builder123
IRC: Builder123
In-game: Builder123

Re: [RUS] Clip Public Server

by Builder123 » Post

Thanks for your response.

I may check out the other servers that you recommend.

However - I am a fan of the CLIP server and I would have not bothered to get adminstrative
actions on my account password problem resolved to regain access.

THE WAR CONTINUES!!!!

Builder123

by Builder123 » Post

Good Morning (EST)

I have a question regarding the Craft Guide utilized in the game. I have several occasions where
the recipie displays 'unknown item' as a component. The problem is that I am forced to look
up recipies on the wiki.

Is there something that I have to correct (e.g. Mod reinstall) or is it an update on your side?

Thanks

sparky
GitHub: Elkien3
IRC: ircSparky
In-game: sparky

by sparky » Post

the account "olivi111" is hacked
(can you make protection blocks only diggable by owner?)
(and make passwords required?)

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Protection blocks are only diggable by the owner and requiring a password each time would make the game sloooooooooow... The player "olivi111" didn't exist on server although "olivia111" does but if it was hacked then the player should have chosen a better password... I could change the password if they can prove who they are...

clip

by clip » Post

I apologize for the loss of a server hard drive was overflow

sparky
GitHub: Elkien3
IRC: ircSparky
In-game: sparky

by sparky » Post

strange that there is no "olivi111" becasue some of my protection says it is owned by "olivi111"

and then some of my other protection says its owned by "scorpionul"

est31
Developer

by est31 » Post

Hello, somebody has hacked my account -- "est31". Unfortunately I don't know who or how. Could you change the password to the password of "est" please? Could you ban the according IP? I haven't used that account since some months.

Builder123

Re: [RUS] Clip Public ServerPlease check the chat log for de

by Builder123 » Post

Item #1 - The server has been shutting down frequently today - disables play - players frozen in position - etc.

Item #2 - Hacking for gain

Statement:
Well here we go again - players capable of flying and entering your safe area and killing. There is an exploit being utilized that once again is giving players an unfair advantage over others. I and other players are complaining about dirty tactics being employed by some more tech savvy players - in fact one player who killed me at my home said he could fly. Secondly another player said that there was a bug that allowed them to travel in real time through walls. You as responsible administrators must resolve this issue or grant all players the same capailities (fly no-clip) - once again - hacking the server or player profiles to gain power over other players should be eliminated.

Please check the chat log for details from today and yesterday where I asked the player how can you do that. The player I believe had a name for that bug. My intention is to define and report the hack for resolution.

Events: Told cato concerning the issue of a player flying through walls to kill me and pilfer my inventory. The player broke a block to my mine shaft and went down - the block NEVER disappeared and the player was going down the shaft.

Summary: Even though I reported the problem long before today - another player found my location and killed me and managed to go through protected blocks and fly. Now I have a better understanding as to what is going on, as opposed to my post on 12-17-2014. Fix it.

clip

by clip » Post

changed inventory_plus from zeg9 to cornernote

Builder123

Tell the Truth and Revenge Prevails Again

by Builder123 » Post

Greifing -

OK so I believe someone has been angered that I was discussing the unbelievable appearances of killers. Apparently revenge has been enacted destroying work on my new building as I was telling the tale of mysterious appearances of killers and theives to Clip and Cato.

Look at these images of before and after destruction...
Before Grief 1 small.png
Before Grief 1 small.png (175.69 KiB) Viewed 2414 times
Before Greif 2 small.png
Before Greif 2 small.png (156.58 KiB) Viewed 2414 times
After Greif 1 small.png
After Greif 1 small.png (170.77 KiB) Viewed 2414 times
Now is this grieifing or is this activity permitted on the server?

I'm forced to relocate for the fourth time...

Update: I was frustrated and the level of destruction was limited. Lack of protection discovered and fixed.
Just venting....

Thanks
Last edited by Builder123 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 19:53, edited 1 time in total.

Builder123

Problem Solved - Unprotected Areas

by Builder123 » Post

I was wondering how the infiltrators 'knew where I lived'. The answer was simple.

Determination
I found an unprotected area where a player had dug through stolen property (my former home) to gain access to my expansive underground area. The rest I beleive was simple math. The property thief entered my area and located the 'operations facility' (My Home). Then the property thief determines the coordinates to teleport directly into my home(s). Since my underground areas are interconnected, it was simple for a player to locate my other operating bases and record those coordinates.

I still have to move - apparently there is an alliance. I beleive the alliance has access to the property thief's teleport station where my coordinates are entered. I was killed by two complete strangers in my office yesterday.

Flying Debunked
Yesterday, I asked one of my 'enemy players' about flying - he said he can't fly. After making my first teleport pad - I see how a player could fly - it is free falling from coordinates above the ground.

Summary
I have already 'moved'. The existing locations have been compromised - I can visit but I can't stay there.

My advise to other players - if your property is stolen by another player - never build adjacent to your former home without verifying 100% protection.
Mine was 99% - not good enough...

Now understanding the operation of the teleporter really cleared up my confusion and what I perceived to be happening.

Thanks to Cato for investigating my issue, as one killer-thief stole my plasma TV from the wall - to discover that the wall was not protected. This prompted me to verify protection that led to the discovery of the passage from 'enemy territory.'

omikekimo
In-game: MikekiM

by omikekimo » Post

Hello, i have some protection blocks in and around my house that don't belong to me, two of them are grief related and two are from my old account that got hacked that i now cant get into because the password seems to have changed. My old account was under the name "mike". Could an admin help me out at some point i would really appreciate it.

oMikekiMo (MikekiM on server)

Builder123

Textures Messed Up

by Builder123 » Post

Good Day,

I have noticed that some of the items are not displaying properly. I checked on offline play and everything
appears ok.

I have problems with lamps, table tops, clocks, and the bookcase images displaying properly.

What is the solution to this?
Distorted Texture Lamp.png
Distorted Texture Lamp.png (114.59 KiB) Viewed 2414 times

I am running 4.10 on linux. The same situation exists on 4.10 running Android.
Thanks for your help.

Builder123

Clip Server Down

by Builder123 » Post

Please advise as to the status of the server. There has been several shutdowns and currently I am unable to reach the server.

Thanks

Builder123

Server Status - No Feedback

by Builder123 » Post

I see that this is a useless forum for supporting players at Clip. This is not the place for informing players of status and what's going on in the background. We all are trying to grasp the problems surrounding the server status as well as its longevity in the minetest universe.

Any answer pertaining to the multiple shutdowns and long periods of inaccesibility would be appreciated.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

As of 19th Jan @ 20:34 BST, Clip's server is up and running and seems to be working fine...

clip

by clip » Post

server crashes constantly, it is set to auto restart

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Seems one of the mods running is interfering with Protector Redo's chests, runs fine on standalone with 0.4.11, will check and see what's happening...

update: server is running 0.4.11 dev which has changed to doors mod that wasn't compatible with protector redo mod, this has now been updated to work with dev version and uploaded to github:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9376

Achilles
In-game: Achilles

by Achilles » Post

Sorry that I have been unavailable recently on Minetest, but it was inevitable....

Have now returned :D

clip

by clip » Post

sorry guys!
server is down because ended up disk space. now just have to change the provider

Nomis

by Nomis » Post

clip wrote:sorry guys!
server is down because ended up disk space. now just have to change the provider

ahhh so that's what's up.

was missing the opportunity to program my mine computer

Nomis

Re: Server Status - No Feedback

by Nomis » Post

Builder123 wrote:I see that this is a useless forum for supporting players at Clip.....

Any answer pertaining to the multiple shutdowns and long periods of inaccesibility would be appreciated.

I think that might be due to forum settings and how messages and threads are bumped up by general forum activity.

I really like this server, some good people on it. Albeit a bit frightening when someone wants to kill you for your bits.

clip

by clip » Post

here we go again

incentive

by incentive » Post

clip, does your server have access to an IPv6 address?(by the way I heard about your server after chatting with somebody on IRC)

If you have an IPv6 address and would be willing to allow me to play through such a connection this is what I added on my personal server in minetest.conf(Minetest/Minetest) when I tested concurrent IPv6+IPv4 connections out on my own home test server and it's probably what swaaws also did when setting up both the old and the new server:

Code: Select all

enable_ipv6 = true
ipv6_server = true

clip

by clip » Post

официальное заявление: сервер закрыт. позже выложу ссылку на последний архив

official statement: the server is closed. later will put a link to the last map file