どんな漢字セットを使っていますか? (What kanji set are you using)

Japanese
Yvanhoe

どんな漢字セットを使っていますか? (What kanji set are you using)

by Yvanhoe » Post

こにちわ。ごめなさい、私の日本語わへたです。 今は、Minetestの漢字サポートよるなりたい。

(Sorry, my Japanese is very bad. Right now, I am trying to improve the kanji support in minetest)

With MuhdNurHidayat(MNH48)'s help I have managed to make signs work with Japanese character but it requires a bit of a hack to input text in them.

Right now they work well with kana but I want to add kanjis as well. I wanted to ask to native speakers their opinion on the character set I should be using. If I include the 20 000 ideograms (which include Chinese and old Chinese/Japanese/Korean) from the unicode standard, the mod would weigh 80 MB, which is a lot but doable.

One recommendation is to at least include the 2131 jōyō kanji (常用漢字), which weighs only ~8MB but I feel like this is not enough for everyday use in Japan.

What are your thoughs on it? Is there a more complete set I could use? Is it acceptable to only have access to jōyō kanjis?

takazoo

Re: どんな漢字セットを使っていますか? (What kanji set are you using)

by takazoo » Post

I am Japanese and would be very happy if minetest would allow Japanese input.

Japanese people use hiragana, katakana and kanji. Japanese Kanji is enough for 常用漢字.

常用漢字 are revised from time to time. Currently, there are 2,136 常用漢字 characters, which were revised in 2010.

But even if the initial introduction is 2131 characters as you suggest, I think Japanese users will be very helpful. If he is a kindergarten child, just hiragana will suffice.