Minetest workshop in Kamogawa, Chiba-ken

Japanese
Yvanhoe

Minetest workshop in Kamogawa, Chiba-ken

by Yvanhoe » Sun Sep 08, 2019 13:12

Hi!

Sorry for the English, my Japanese is really too bad to dare write a whole message here. A Japanese description of the event is there:
https://www.muji.com/jp/events/18897/

I am part of a community named the Hackerfarm, located in Kamogawa, in the Chiba peninsula. This sunday (15th) we are doing a workshop for kids where they will explore a virtual world and solve educative tasks. This is an experiment in virtual world education.

If some minetest enthusiasts are in the area, I would be really glad to exchange, especially if you are interested in using minetest for education. It will happen in the event space of Minami No Sato MUJI:
https://www.muji.com/jp-en/shop/045690

If you want to bring kids to participate we ask for a 1000 yens participation (goes to the hackerfarm non profit) but otherwise I'd be glad to offer you a coffee and chat together!

rubenwardy

GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

Re: Minetest workshop in Kamogawa, Chiba-ken

by rubenwardy » Sun Sep 08, 2019 13:48

Nice!

I was shocked at the amount you were asking for, but then realised that 1000 yens is $9.40

Yvanhoe

by Yvanhoe » Sun Sep 08, 2019 14:29

Haha, yes, yens are basically cents. It covers costs and the fact we lend computers to kids who don't have. A surprising amount of kids have no access to computers (even a desktop at home) here in the countryside. One teenager last time told me that this was the first time she actually has to use latitude and longitude, that it made her understand it better.

The goal is basically to force me to come up with new content once a month to feed an educational game (and hopefully a public server some time later this year).

Krock
Developer

GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Sun Sep 08, 2019 14:53

Lovely to see events around the world. Greetings from Europe.

I might not attend the workshop, but the forums and IRC are open to ask questions in case something does not work as intended.
>> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Return to 日本語