[Minetest Tool Repair Mod, let's discuss]

bosapara

[Minetest Tool Repair Mod, let's discuss]

by bosapara » Post

Anyone know any tool repair / anvil mod that will be fully balanced with 'toolranks' mod?

'Xdecor' repair (viewtopic.php?t=12534) - diam and mese tools cant be repaired with the same thing (hammer), cuz it's illogical

'Anvil' from (https://github.com/minetest-mods/anvil), the same things, all tools repair with hammer, out of balance

'Anvil' from (https://github.com/est31/anvil), the same, hammer can repair diam and wood tool with the same speed, out of balance too

PS Found only anvil from 'Mine Clone 2', fully balanced, but its incompatible with 'default Minetest game'

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

Re: [Minetest Tool Repair Mod, let's discuss]

by Sokomine » Post

What do you expect? What would you consider balanced? The anvil from my cottages mod repairs all tools with the same hammer (and even the hammer with a second hammer).
A list of my mods can be found here.

bosapara

by bosapara » Post

Sokomine wrote:What do you expect? What would you consider balanced? The anvil from my cottages mod repairs all tools with the same hammer (and even the hammer with a second hammer).
Steel hammer cant repair wood and diamond tools with the same speed, its illogical and unbalanced idea

Byakuren
GitHub: raymoo
IRC: Hijiri
In-game: Raymoo + Clownpiece

by Byakuren » Post

It's unbalanced in that once you have one tool of an expensive type you will never want to make another one for yourself because repairing it is so much cheaper.
Every time a mod API is left undocumented, a koala dies.

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

It would be nice if a steel sword could be repaired by adding steel ingots, same goes for diamond sword with diamonds etc. and the original sword is returned with the same metadata.

texmex
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: tacotexmex

by texmex » Post

I think since this topic got started bosapara has managed to get the MCL2 anvil working in MTG, so the above wish is already granted. :)

bosapara

by bosapara » Post

texmex wrote:I think since this topic got started bosapara has managed to get the MCL2 anvil working in MTG, so the above wish is already granted. :)

Yep, right. Today I will publicate adapted verion of anvil from mcl2

Anvils publicated