Minetest mods in Minetest based game

-UK-

Minetest mods in Minetest based game

by -UK- » Post

I am making a Minetest based game(like MultiCraft) and want minetest mods to be usable in it. So, first I wanted to know is it possible to use Minetest mods in MultiCraft and how? MultiCraft code: https://github.com/MultiCraft

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

Re: Minetest mods in Minetest based game

by Linuxdirk » Post

-UK- wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 07:38
So, first I wanted to know is it possible to use Minetest mods in MultiCraft and how?
Depends on the dependencies of said mods. Some mods have no specific dependencies, but most of the mods have default form Minetest Game as dependency. So if MultiCraft runs Minetest Game, then (most) mods should work.

But since MultiCraft is not Minetest this is out of the scope of this forum, I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

-UK-

by -UK- » Post

But Multicraft uses many Minetest mods. But how do I use the mods which are compatible, in which folder should I put them?

-UK-

by -UK- » Post

Linuxdirk wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 08:27
-UK- wrote:
So, first I wanted to know is it possible to use Minetest mods in MultiCraft and how?
Depends on the dependencies of said mods. Some mods have no specific dependencies, but most of the mods have default form Minetest Game as dependency. So if MultiCraft runs Minetest Game, then (most) mods should work.

But since MultiCraft is not Minetest this is out of the scope of this forum, I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But Multicraft uses many Minetest mods. But how do I use the mods which are compatible, in which folder should I put them?

-UK-

by -UK- » Post

Linuxdirk wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 08:27
-UK- wrote:

MultiCraft uses the mobs redo mod which has the default dependency so I think others should also work. But, in which folder should I put the mod(after installation)?

-UK-

by -UK- » Post

Someone please help me

philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

by philipbenr » Post

You should likely put the mods in /mods

Here is the reference in the code: https://github.com/MultiCraft/MultiCraf ... s_here.txt

-UK-

by -UK- » Post

philipbenr wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 04:55
You should likely put the mods in /mods

Here is the reference in the code: https://github.com/MultiCraft/MultiCraf ... s_here.txt
@philipbenr there is no mods folder after installation(from Google Play).

deleted c0a803ab

by deleted c0a803ab » Post

-UK- wrote:
[...] I wanted to know is it possible to use Minetest mods in MultiCraft and how? [...]
How about asking at multicraft community?