Export world from public server:

MxtApps
GitHub: MxtApps
IRC: MxtApps
In-game: MxtApps

Export world from public server:

by MxtApps » Post

Hello,

I love a public server's world, but I prefer to play it in singleplayer mode to remove lags and have all privilegies. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks.

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

Re: Export world from public server:

by Festus1965 » Post

Yes,
I even think the world IS already on your unit, inside minetest folder worlds, IF you have 'save world local' setting true,
but it only stored the world areas you HAVE visited (mapblocks send for gaming) and is not updated as long not visit area yourself again.
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

LMD
GitHub: appgurueu
IRC: appguru[eu]
In-game: LMD

Re: Export world from public server:

by LMD » Post

MxtApps wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 18:50
Hello,

I love a public server's world, but I prefer to play it in singleplayer mode to remove lags and have all privilegies. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks.
You'll have to ask the admin to provide you a copy of their world folder, the game & the (world)mods they are running. Local map saving suffices to obtain most node data but lacks other custom data stored by mods, mod storage, player-related data etc. which mods might require to work properly. Furthermore, they might be running a modified version of games / mods available on ContentDB, so you'll have to make sure you're running the same games / mods.
My stuff: Projects - Mods - Website