AntVenom (big Minecraft YouTuber) makes a video about Minetest

ROllerozxa
GitHub: ROllerozxa
IRC: ROllerozxa
In-game: ROllerozxa

AntVenom (big Minecraft YouTuber) makes a video about Minetest

by ROllerozxa » Post

The massive Minecraft Youtuber AntVenom (3 million subscribers) just made a video about Minetest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6Fyav6FiIs

It's unironically a pretty good video, it calls Minetest a game engine and correctly points out that the built-in Minetest Game is not a proper game but a modding base, and also showcases some games such as Little Lady, Buildacity, NodeCore and of course, MineClone 2 with a Minecraft texture pack.
Last edited by rubenwardy on Sat Jul 30, 2022 22:07, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated title

AlexiosTheSixth
In-game: AlexiosTheSixth

Re: AntVenom makes a video about Minetest

by AlexiosTheSixth » Post

Dang, it feels good to be back.

With how mature Antvenom's fanbase is from what I have seen I am cautiously optimistic that this new influx of people could help bring about a renaissance of minetest.

Any Minetest content creators here I reccomend making some sort of modding guide video as a new influx of modders could be HUGE for the community.
Formerly DiamondKnight/FerrumPrinceps but I forgot my login details since I haven't been active here since around 2017-2018. Renewed interest in MT thanks to Antvenom.

Eris
IRC: definitelya Ovalo
In-game: Eris_still_crafts

by Eris » Post

If you are reading this Mojang: you should really just link to www.minetest.net on your homepage if you want to keep your players' experience up to par with your earlier standards of game design.
Let's be real, Microsoft is keeping your game on life support only so they can milk the younger audience. You owe this to your old time fans.

This is great news! I'm so glad the engine devs and the creators get the recognition they deserve. ^^
Jump in the caac

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

This was truly awesome to see. The video was clearly very well researched, he didn't get much wrong. I also appeared in it twice (or least my nose did)! I think it captured the spirit of Minetest well, in terms of being a game platform. It was cool to see some game jam entries towards the end, definitely need to do that again this year
AlexiosTheSixth wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 17:50
Any Minetest content creators here I reccomend making some sort of modding guide video as a new influx of modders could be HUGE for the community.
I've had a modding tutorial video stuck in limbo for like 2 years, should probably do something about that
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

rubenwardy wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 22:10
I've had a modding tutorial video stuck in limbo for like 2 years, should probably do something about that
Let's play: Minetest Modding Book?
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

MCL
GitHub: MCLx86
IRC: migdyn
In-game: singleplayer

Re: AntVenom (big Minecraft YouTuber) makes a video about Minetest

by MCL » Post

ROllerozxa wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 16:53
The massive Minecraft Youtuber AntVenom (3 million subscribers) just made a video about Minetest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6Fyav6FiIs

It's unironically a pretty good video, it calls Minetest a game engine and correctly points out that the built-in Minetest Game is not a proper game but a modding base, and also showcases some games such as Little Lady, Buildacity, NodeCore and of course, MineClone 2 with a Minecraft texture pack.
Didn't expect AntVenom to have a positive view of Minetest, as he refered to someone writing a clone of a Minecraft mod as "theft"

Oh, and by the way, are you a member of the Modification Station community? I recall seing someone with your username there a couple of times.
2014-02-14 - 2024-02-14 TEN YEARS OF MCL

ROllerozxa

by ROllerozxa » Post

MCL wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 23:40
Oh, and by the way, are you a member of the Modification Station community? I recall seing someone with your username there a couple of times.
Yeah that should be me, I'm in the Discord server but not particularly active.

c56
GitHub: tigercoding56
In-game: bm5 or bemo5 also sell_her_on55

by c56 » Post

Eris wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 18:06
If you are reading this Mojang: you should really just link to www.minetest.net on your homepage if you want to keep your players' experience up to par with your earlier standards of game design.
Let's be real, Microsoft is keeping your game on life support only so they can milk the younger audience. You owe this to your old time fans.

This is great news! I'm so glad the engine devs and the creators get the recognition they deserve. ^^
better yet just redirect to minetest.net with some kind of filter so that only mature enough people (and not those kids who try to summon herobrine or something ) get redirected
this is a signature not a place to post messages also if i could change my username i would change it to sell_her_on55

ROllerozxa

by ROllerozxa » Post

Don't hit the quote button if you want to edit a post, hit the edit button instead. I thought this would be pretty obvious.
noquote.png
noquote.png (19.05 KiB) Viewed 2115 times
Edit: And here's an edit to showcase it.

Moderator note: Cleaned up c56's mess but leaving this here because it looks fancy

debiankaios
IRC: debiankaios
In-game: debiankaios Nowe

by debiankaios » Post

I haven't see new players. I looked this video not and how many views it has also not. But it seems not to give new player.

Mantar

by Mantar » Post

I've had a noticeable uptick in interest in Exile. After AntVenom's video downloads of Exile went from ~15-20 per day in June to over 100 per day for most of the week after, and is still above 50 per day.
The LoC server has seen what looks to me like a small increase in the number of looky-lous who come through, and a couple of them have stuck around. I think it's a Zipf's law thing, where the biggest projects (Mineclone 2) and servers will get the most interest and attention out of the influx of new people, and the smaller ones get little or no bump.
I did notice shortly after the video that there were more servers on the list with double-digit user numbers than I think I'd ever seen before.
Lead dev of Exile, git repo: https://codeberg.org/Mantar/Exile

debiankaios

by debiankaios » Post

Oh the video was in june? Thatcause are the Download-Numbers of my mods/games such high then never?

leangreen76

by leangreen76 » Post

Just found the video 15 - 20 minutes ago (As a Minecraft vet of almost 12 years) and have been giving it a go this morning!

So far so good, added some mods already and am just exploring and discovering right now.

Mantar

by Mantar » Post

DebianKaios: I think it was released on June 31st? Maybe the 30th, you could look and see.
Lead dev of Exile, git repo: https://codeberg.org/Mantar/Exile

debiankaios

by debiankaios » Post

I could if I had not locked yt

MCL
GitHub: MCLx86
IRC: migdyn
In-game: singleplayer