Is the Minetest community becoming exclusionary?

runs
GitHub: runsy

Re: Is the Minetest community becoming exclusionary?

by runs » Post

My experience with rubenwardy as moderator as always correct qnd professional.
⛏️ KeKo Site | 👕 ShopZ | ☕ Ko-fi

MCL
GitHub: MCLx86
IRC: MCL
In-game: singleplayer

by MCL » Post

runs wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:20
My experience with rubenwardy as moderator as always correct qnd professional.
I always thought of him as a reasonable and skilled person, but after his recent shenanigans my opinion of him has changed a little.

c56
GitHub: tigercoding56
In-game: bm5 or bemo5

by c56 » Post

my experience with the minetest community is that it is not exclusive its just that people do not have infinite amounts of time to care or be inclusive about all things so they tend to stay away from topics that could be controversial in order to give topics that everyone can enjoy more time (like better graphics ) and since less moderated controversial topics tend to attract trolls & spam (just look at any social media site ) it may be better to lock them than to let trolls make them more controversial -- this of course is just my opinion if you have other thoughs feel free to use your 1th ammendment rights...

... unless you are in north korea where it might be better to use your limited time to escape somewhere where you can have freedom of spech
this is a signature not a place to post messages

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

This thread is so vague. Was anyone banned for the completely wrong reasons? If yes: Who and why? Before these questions are answered, I don't really think this thread makes a lot of sense. It smells like a conspiracy theory in the making, tbh.
If all the detractors had ignore Pride Flags instead of complaining about it - a mod that nobody was forcing them to install by the way - we wouldn't be here; Pride Flags would have fallen down the forum list faster, keeping its detractors from getting triggered as much.
And the Pride Flags mod is not going anywhere! :-)
I 100% stand behind this mod and what it stand for, including every single identity it shows off. Pride flags are cool, and only a very special snowflake would feel offended by colorful flags that literally just represent minority sexual, romantic, gender and other identities. :P

MCL
GitHub: MCLx86
IRC: MCL
In-game: singleplayer

by MCL » Post

Wuzzy wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 14:43
This thread is so vague. Was anyone banned for the completely wrong reasons? If yes: Who and why?
Gundul was banned for suggesting a standalone flag API.

My topic was locked and now ContentDB moderators are ignoring me.

L-Dog had his thread outright REMOVED because he didn't support (the) Ukraine.

The offensive_flags thread was also completely REMOVED by a moderator, but I don't know what happened to the user who posted it.

As you can see, there are countless examples of such things happening and maybe instead of turning a blind eye to it we should do something about it before it's too late.

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

It seems there are some people who just live to cause controversy and mess up a good thing. <sigh>
YES the moderators and developers of MineTest have a right to try and keep the mods free of objectionable/hateful content.

People make judgements about Minetest based on what they see in the mods. The moderators/developers want to control that. Duh! Will you always agree with how they choose to do that?, obviously not. But seriously, its a voxel game. You have to work pretty hard to come up with objectionable content for it. Clearly some people are willing to put that effort in.

At the end of the day, this is an open source project. If you object to the way it is being run, fork it and create your own version that fits with your vision of how it should be operated.

That is, ultimately, ALWAYS the answer with open source projects. No one is gatekeeping you. They have every right to control their version. If you don't like that version, the developers have been so generous as to grant you the rights to create your own version which you can moderate however you wish.

rudzik8
GitHub: rudzik8
In-game: db75c and rudzik8

by rudzik8 » Post

MCL wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 19:26
L-Dog had his thread outright REMOVED because he didn't support (the) Ukraine.
Do you mean that discuss in "Post your screenshots!" topic? It was removed not because "he didn't support (the) Ukraine", it was removed because he started a political dispute in topic which is dedicated to Minetest screenshots (in which I've participated BTW)
Last edited by rudzik8 on Thu Oct 06, 2022 03:48, edited 1 time in total.
My english isn't so good, sorry. || You can check out my mods here (and maps here)

rudzik8
GitHub: rudzik8
In-game: db75c and rudzik8

by rudzik8 » Post

I agree with Kilarin on this.
My english isn't so good, sorry. || You can check out my mods here (and maps here)

mieu12
In-game: mieu12

by mieu12 » Post

I think the problem is too many people take these things too seriously. We all need to calm down. :) Gundul should definitely not have being banned for suggesting a standalone flag API (but maybe it was for something else). MCL's topic being locked and now ContentDB moderators are ignoring me. In my opinion ContentDB should not relate to the forums anyways.