N00bs to Minetest about to tackle...The End

wazoo
GitHub: erikyuzwa

N00bs to Minetest about to tackle...The End

by wazoo » Post

Hey everyone,

First of all, a HUGE standing ovation for all the Minetest contributors!

My friends and I have recently come over from Minecraft, and are really enjoying ourselves with our Minetest adventures.

I've been posting them on my YouTube channel (just mentioning it, not trying to get clicks)
https://youtu.be/ODOkqf-Aw5M

At any rate, we're gearing up to tackle The End maybe next week and really looking forward to it.

Would love any feedback on anything that might be super ropey in The End...like if we start firing a dozen bows, will it routinely crash the server, etc..

Mr. Rar
GitHub: MrRar
In-game: MrRar

Re: N00bs to Minetest about to tackle...The End

by Mr. Rar » Post

Looks like you are using Mineclone 5. I don't know about any end specific crashes in MCL5. However you will definitely get crashes if you run MCL5 on Minetest 5.6+. MCL5 is currently unmaintained.
"Only in Christ do we find real love, and the fullness of life. And so I invite you today to look to Christ." - St. John Paul II

wazoo
GitHub: erikyuzwa

by wazoo » Post

Yes, forgot to mention we were running that.

Thanks a lot for the heads up!

Zen

by Zen » Post

Shame about the Ender Dragon dropping dead before you could cross the gap to reach it.
I wonder if it flew too high?

Anyway, you can get a new dragon just transfer the server files over to a personal computer and change the world in Creative Mode, you can either place a Ender Dragon egg, or use the summon command to create a new one. Then transfer to the files back to the server.

P. S. Also I noticed you're using the older version of Mine Clone 5.

I recommend downloading the latest version zip file. It's only a month old, but it fixes many problems like foxes loosing the heads, dirt over dogs, and so on.

P. P. S. An even better idea, download Mine Clone 2. It has way more stuff and works much better on Mine Test 5.6.1.