Question: Pumping out water?

Hobb3s

Question: Pumping out water?

by Hobb3s » Post

I've setup a simple at home server to host the world my son and I build in. We've recently built an underwater structure on the sea floor. The one problem we're having is getting the water out of the structure, despite being closed off and only access in our out is from below, water runs out that way but it never leaves the interior of the structure. Is there a way to find/pump out the water? Thanks!

Morn76

Re: Question: Pumping out water?

by Morn76 » Post

Either use a sponge mod or WorldEdit ("//replace water_source air") to get rid of the water.

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

you can also remove water sources by placing any block or object (e.g. torches) in their place.
then it will replace the water source and the flowing water will slowly disappear.
after the water source is gone, you can remove the block, the water will not return.
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

24/7minetester
IRC: Trifton
In-game: Trifton

by 24/7minetester » Post

firefox wrote:you can also remove water sources by placing any block or object (e.g. torches) in their place.
then it will replace the water source and the flowing water will slowly disappear.
after the water source is gone, you can remove the block, the water will not return.
That's what I do. Time-consuming, but effective. Works in *game bought out by Microsoft* too.

Hobb3s

by Hobb3s » Post

Awesome, thanks for the replies guys! Any easy way to tell the water source. I built the structure under the sea, so it's hard to tell where it's flowing from.
I've yet to try the *gbobM*, but good to know.