Jump higher

hb.operandi
In-game: Belle

Jump higher

by hb.operandi » Post

So this is partly a duplicate and partly not (I think)

I stumbled across (but can't find to reply) a post about trying to jump higher. This is particularly frustrating when you wanna get out of water, or have a mountain to climb.

A user reply suggested using shift+spacebar to jump 1.5, which was helpful for the water and simple blocks, but still relatively useless for mountains.

So I searched the minetest.conf.example file and found this:

Code: Select all

movement_gravity = 9.81
I switched it down and sure enough I jumped higher.
7.81 is enough to clear 2.5 (and shift+spacebar) can still get you higher. But when it comes to mountain biomes, I'd switch it to 4.2 (because it's the answer to life, the universe, and everything) which is where I am at and have no problems.

This also allows you to keep fly disabled, but still be able to build towers simply by jumping and placing. The only trouble is the accuracy of the jumps...becareful how far in any direction you travel!

Anyways, hopes this helps, and if this is duplicate, or anyone can let me know where that thread is lemme know and I'll repost/move/reply.

Cheers!
-Belle
There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. Its knack lies in learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties."

my other life
http://hboperandi.blogspot.com/

Blehmeh98
GitHub: blehmeh98
In-game: rantor77

Re: Jump higher

by Blehmeh98 » Post

You can actually do this without modifying the game's settings; its in the modding API. I am making a science mod that adds stuff like anti gravity to the game. You can also just make the character jump higher but have the gravity remain the same.
hi.

kaadmy
GitHub: kaadmy
IRC: KaadmY
In-game: KaadmY kaadmy NeD

Re: Jump higher

by kaadmy » Post

Use

Code: Select all

movement_speed_jump = <x>
instead of changing the gravity.
Never paint white stripes on roads near Zebra crossings.

Pixture