Some world screenshots

SachielMF

Some world screenshots

by SachielMF » Post

As it has been mentioned that the map generator has been overhauled in the recent build, I was curious and gave flying a try, trying to reveal as much of the map as possible before MT crashes (wihich it does on my machine when worlds get too big).
Not too sure about the differences with before en detail but it seemed a lot nicer ad hoc. Had quite a large body of water in the map. The overall variety of cliff shapes seemed to have a bit more variety as well. Oh, and dungeons. Not on the screen but they're there. Very nice and leaves you wanting for more.

Going underground revealed caves linked together much more interestingly than before, I think. Linked parts seem to be far more stretched out. I tried to light one system up to show how far they go. Wasn't even able to light every branch due to a crash.

benajamin

by benajamin » Post

To see more into the distance, add "enable_farmesh=1" to your mintest.conf file.

SachielMF

by SachielMF » Post

Yeah, I know the command but unfortunately it tends to make the game a lot more prone to crash on my rig. It's a cool feature, but I wanted to see the "real" world with overhangs and all. Or didn't it change that much actually? If so, I apologize. I really didn't want to spam here.
Edit: Actually I wasn't really sure if this was threadworthy. I mean, the caves did improve a lot, didn't they? Or did that happen in a more recent version already? If so, that would be rather embarrasing (which I feel this is already, hehe). So maybe it's better to delete this thread anyway.
Last edited by SachielMF on Tue Jul 05, 2011 23:45, edited 1 time in total.

bcmpinc

by bcmpinc » Post

SachielMF, what is your setup? And can you try running a debug build of the game in gdb (or other debugger) to obtain a backtrace of the crash?

SachielMF

by SachielMF » Post

Got a Phenom X4 955, Win 7 64, GTX275, 4 GB RAM. Maybe I'm gonna have a look at gdb.