Several subgames, how to handle worlds...?

jokra

Several subgames, how to handle worlds...?

by jokra » Thu Dec 10, 2015 09:44

Hi!

Some more newbie questions from me:

Just installed Minetest on Ubuntu 15.10, added carbone-ng, and confirmed it's running.

Now I want to test other subgames, how do I handle worlds? Wouldn't all subgames need their own world? Do I need to create these new worlds if so...? Or would the games create their own automatically?

And the minetest.conf file: Should I refer to to the minetest.conf file that is included in the subgame when I start the game, or is that one used automatically, when I set the game id?

And yet another question: Can I run different games simultanously, perhaps on different ports?

Regards Johan

jokra

Re: Several subgames, how to handle worlds...?

by jokra » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:29

Okay, I have some new observations here...

I had a look at the world.mt file in the world that got created when I ran the carbone-ng subgame.
In the file it says: gameid = carbone-ng, which I guess then means that this world is specific to the subgame carbone-ng...?

So, should I perhaps rename the world to carbone-ng, so I remember where this world belongs?

And if I rename this, and start another subgame, does that one create a new world called "world"?

Regards Johan

jokra

by jokra » Thu Dec 10, 2015 13:41

I've solved most of it now, I know how to do it....

Just don't know if it is possible to run more than one game at the time...

Johan

firefox

In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Thu Dec 10, 2015 20:14

each subgame will have it's own place in the menu and it's own world list.
each world is set to the game that you used to create it and cannot be loaded from other games.
building inspiration: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15550 --- my game: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=15860 --- =(^.^)= nyan~

Return to General Discussion