[Mod]User friendly teleporters

R4nd0m6uy
GitHub: random85

[Mod]User friendly teleporters

by R4nd0m6uy » Post

Hey minetest users and developers!

Yah, I'm for sure at the wrong place, but I'm new here and I haven't the right to create a topic on the mods release board ...

I just want to announce my work on a teleporters that combines all the best ideas I saw and is (hopefully) very user friendly.The user can set a friendly name to a teleport pad and a list of available teleporters is shown to the user so he just has to select one.

More information on the github project:
https://github.com/random85/teleporter

I don't intend to maintain this project
I have been waiting for a while for such of teleporter implementation. I'm very suprised that no one had this idea before and I had to impement it myself! The idea of this mode is to implement the bare minimal I need, to give you a proof of concept and maybe someone motivated who is a real LUA programer and knows better minetest and its internals would extend and maintain this mod, don't hesitate to take!

I hope you enjoy it!

Gael de Sailly
GitHub: gaelysam
IRC: Gael-de-Sailly
In-game: Gael-de-Sailly gaelysam

Re: [Mod]User friendly teleporters

by Gael de Sailly » Post

There is a "WIP Mods" forums (WIP = Work In Progress). You should post it here, but I think moderators will move this topic here.

I've tried the mod, it works well and is really user-friendy.
+1
Just realize how bored we would be if the world was perfect.

Amoeba
GitHub: Amoebaa

by Amoeba » Post

Thanks, this is pretty much exactly what I want from my teleporters.
I looked through the ToDo list on github, but unfortunately none of the things are really priorities for me either.
Only thing to note is that adding the line

Code: Select all

wield_image = "teleporter_teleporter_pad.png",
to the function register_node should help with the item not disappearing when you drop the item (and it'll look better when it's in your hand as well). Apparently the image isn't read from inventory_image, contrary to what the wiki says...

R4nd0m6uy
GitHub: random85

by R4nd0m6uy » Post

Thanks for your comments, I'm glad you like it!

Thanks for the tip for adding a "wield image", I was wondering what was missing and didn't find/see it on the wiki!

After thinking a while, I thought that starting the teleportation with a mesecon signal would be nice. If the mesecon mode is not available or configured so, hitting the teleporter with a mese fragment would consume it and activate the teleportation.

After playing on a public server, I found a teleporter mod that looked pretty cool and user friendly that could be powered with mese fragments. Does anyone know this mod and how is it called?

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

Can you provide some screenshots?
Back from the dead!

sofar
Developer
GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

by sofar » Post

If you're not going to maintain this mod, please consider putting it in github.com/minetest-mods. There others may be able to maintain it for you in the long run if you don't have the energy or time to maintain it.

minerdudetest

by minerdudetest » Post

hello, @R4nd0m6uy.
I have improved upon your mod and released "Teleporter Improved Improved".
Here are details. Thank you!