Compiling Minetest on Windows

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

Looking for the Windows packages?

http://minetest.net/download.php

Compiling it yourself

https://github.com/celeron55/minetest

Scroll down until halfway the readme.txt and follow the instructions under: Compiling on Windows:
(Seems to be pretty hard), for Linux compiling yourself is far more easier.

Edit: typo
Last edited by Topywo on Sat Oct 20, 2012 15:07, edited 1 time in total.

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

I know there's pletty much info about compiling under win, but still...
Could anyone (who allready succeed in doing so) post the result of "dir" command, ran from project's dir.
I tried to setup my "workspace" to compile minetest under win, but here and there are errors, cause compiler couldn't find some libs or files.

I read github info as well as info posted here, but it makes no sence to me. First it tells to unzip librares then it says I shouldn't and then, again, list dlls unzipped in folders. I had never ever compile anything under win using c or c++ compilers, so, please, be nice to me ;)

DelkoDuck

by DelkoDuck » Post

The openAL site has been down all week, so I unchecked it in Cmake. But when I try and compile in Visual Studio it says like 5 successful 1 failed and I dont get a .exe. I'm assuming its because openAL is missing?

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

DelkoDuck wrote:The openAL site has been down all week, so I unchecked it in Cmake. But when I try and compile in Visual Studio it says like 5 successful 1 failed and I dont get a .exe. I'm assuming its because openAL is missing?
You need to uncheck souns support also.
____

Those, who DID build windows binary, would you so kind to share your project along with all the sources?

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

Sorry for the russian language in this log, but I'm getting this error and do not know haw to get rid of it.

Code: Select all

1>------ Построение начато: проект: ZERO_CHECK, Конфигурация: Release Win32 ------
2>------ Построение начато: проект: translations, Конфигурация: Release Win32 ------
3>------ Построение начато: проект: minetest, Конфигурация: Release Win32 ------
2>  mo update
3>LINK : warning LNK4075: не учитывается "/INCREMENTAL" из-за спецификации "/LTCG"
3>     Создается библиотека D:/mt043w/minetest/bin/Release/minetest.lib и объект D:/mt043w/minetest/bin/Release/minetest.exp
3>freetype247.lib(type1.obj) : error LNK2001: неразрешенный внешний символ "__imp__qsort"
3>freetype247.lib(ftbase.obj) : error LNK2001: неразрешенный внешний символ "__imp__qsort"
3>freetype247.lib(bdf.obj) : error LNK2001: неразрешенный внешний символ "__imp__qsort"
3>freetype247.lib(psmodule.obj) : error LNK2001: неразрешенный внешний символ "__imp__qsort"
3>freetype247.lib(psaux.obj) : error LNK2001: неразрешенный внешний символ "__imp__qsort"
3>D:\mt043w\minetest\bin\Release\minetest.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 неразрешенных внешних элементов
4>------ Построение начато: проект: ALL_BUILD, Конфигурация: Release Win32 ------
4>  Build all projects
5>------ Пропуск построения: проект: INSTALL, Конфигурация: Release Win32 ------
5>Проект не выбран для построения в данной конфигурации решения 
6>------ Пропуск построения: проект: PACKAGE, Конфигурация: Release Win32 ------
6>Проект не выбран для построения в данной конфигурации решения 
========== Построение: успешно: 3, с ошибками: 1, без изменений: 5, пропущено: 2 ==========
I tried to figure it out by "googling" and by asking xyz but at this point I can't find anything via search and xyz seems to grew tired of my questions and just has no time to help me. He just says that he never ever got this type of messages.

I'm NO C++ or just "C" coder. I do not understand why I need to search in QT forum for errors occurring while building some application if I didn't saw any of QT signs while configuring with CMake. Please, be patient, 'cause if some "pro" coder of C++ knows smth, it doesn't mean that everyone else do.

I really need someone's help to finaly build minetest under win 32. I could post any info necessary: screens, logs, project files - anything just to make this game under win.

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Post

I may have a Windows build almost ready, but when I build Irrlicht is slow as hell with the official Irrlicht library and pretty much every video render engine offered. I've disabled everything regarding debugging, and turned on first default optimizations(placing or punching nodes takes a second and goes really slow), or full optimizations, which as still unacceptable slow and laggy in terms of video.
Admin pro tempore on 0gb.us:30000. Ask me if you have a problem, or just want help.
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
Now working on my own clone, Mosstest.
I guess I'm back for some time.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

For anybody that wishes to know this, it should be possible to make 64-bit builds of Minetest. The three places on the internet below have useful information (if you use MSVC Express 2010.)
http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7pSw ... %252B%252B
http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7qB1 ... 10-express
http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7pH4 ... jdH85teO5Q

Fess

by Fess » Post

I've compiled windows x64 version of latest minetest, who needs here is download link
http://yadi.sk/d/nKbNZoz22v282
(inlude curl,sound,etc but doesn't include gettext&freetype support)

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Fess wrote:I've compiled windows x64 version of latest minetest, who needs here is download link
http://yadi.sk/d/nKbNZoz22v282
It works pretty good and even has DirectX support, though it seems odd that maps, caches, and config files are placed in the AppData folder. Could you make another build like this one, but of the most recent git version of Minetest? Features like jungles, dungeons, improved finite liquids, and improved lighting speeds have been added to the git version of Minetest as of late.

Fess

by Fess » Post

Inocudom wrote:
Fess wrote:I've compiled windows x64 version of latest minetest, who needs here is download link
It works pretty good and even has DirectX support, though it seems odd that maps, caches, and config files are placed in the AppData folder. Could you make another build like this one, but of the most recent git version of Minetest? Features like jungles, dungeons, improved finite liquids, and improved lighting speeds have been added to the git version of Minetest as of late.
Yea, textures and settings are stored in AppData in this build, i will try to find where this path stored in sources and change it
Latest build updated today:

http://yadi.sk/d/S6dB8KW33WQcm
Last edited by Fess on Sun Mar 24, 2013 21:18, edited 1 time in total.

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Thank you for the new build, Fess. With Minetest needing more RAM these days, 64-bit Windows computers will be more in need of 64-bit builds of Minetest. It is wonderful that you are able to include Direct X support, as OpenGL is rather hard on my computer.

I hope someday Direct X will be supported better by Minetest. This will make the game easier for Windows computers.

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Post

Does anyone know how to get the buildbot to work with LuaJIT? I get an error about how LuaJIT gets compiled without jobserver mode, which causes the original make to go crazy/
Admin pro tempore on 0gb.us:30000. Ask me if you have a problem, or just want help.
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
Now working on my own clone, Mosstest.
I guess I'm back for some time.

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

What would be a very useful feature is to have a program (or script) that takes github builds and compiles them for Windows (with Direct X support of course.)

Does anybody here compile their own builds for Windows on Windows? It seems like very few people do (hence the reason this topic is dead.)
Last edited by Inocudom on Wed Apr 03, 2013 01:40, edited 1 time in total.

CryAngel

by CryAngel » Post

Inocudom wrote:Does anybody here compile their own builds for Windows on Windows?
yes, i do. i compile using VS 2010 on Win x86 and x64, with Lua and LuaJIT (my own attempt integrate LuaJIT in minetest)

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

CryAngel wrote:
Inocudom wrote:Does anybody here compile their own builds for Windows on Windows?
yes, i do. i compile using VS 2010 on Win x86 and x64, with Lua and LuaJIT (my own attempt integrate LuaJIT in minetest)
I don't know if Fess will come back anytime soon. If you want to do so yourself, you could make 64-bit Windows builds for the community.

How many players of Minetest are there that use a 64-bit version of a Windows operating system? I have Windows 7 64-bit, so that brings the count to one.

Fess

by Fess » Post

Latest Windows x64 build http://yadi.sk/d/-0bgae_73npiB

hdastwb
GitHub: hdastwb
IRC: hdastwb
In-game: hdastwb

by hdastwb » Post

I'm on 64-bit Windows sometimes too; I guess that makes two.

CryAngel

by CryAngel » Post

i see Fess still make builds, but decide also share my own build. here included:
  • minetest: 2a0badf2d565ce4bebe2910c88795c0fe51a0341
  • minetest_game: c43718a4347f5b4c5a8e51835c2b7aafdbce82b0
  • common: a3670d751f56c484171c20f087feb52186e42bf5
(all last on time when i build)

build environment:
  • zlib 1.2.5
  • openssl 1.0.1e
  • curl 7.29.0
  • gettext 0.18.1.1
  • freetype 2.4.4
  • libogg 1.3.0
  • libvorbis 1.3.3
  • OpenAL 1.15.1
  • Irrlicht 1.8
  • LuaJIT 2.0.1
all x64, sure. can be intresting, if someone can do some tests to see if there any differences between Fess build (i think compiled with Lua) and my, compiled with LuaJIT.

PS. sry if someone dislike Mediafire
Last edited by CryAngel on Thu Apr 04, 2013 21:04, edited 1 time in total.

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

CryAngel wrote:i see Fess still make builds, but decide also share my own build. here included:
  • minetest: 2a0badf2d565ce4bebe2910c88795c0fe51a0341
  • minetest_game: c43718a4347f5b4c5a8e51835c2b7aafdbce82b0
  • common: a3670d751f56c484171c20f087feb52186e42bf5
(all last on time when i build)

build environment:
  • zlib 1.2.5
  • openssl 1.0.1e
  • curl 7.29.0
  • gettext 0.18.1.1
  • freetype 2.4.4
  • libogg 1.3.0
  • libvorbis 1.3.3
  • OpenAL 1.15.1
  • Irrlicht 1.8
  • LuaJIT 2.0.1
all x64, sure. can be intresting, if someone can do some tests to see if there any differences between Fess build (i think compiled with Lua) and my, compiled with LuaJIT.

PS. sry if someone dislike Mediafire
You may also want to include "build" and "survival" games.
Last edited by kaeza on Thu Apr 04, 2013 21:19, edited 1 time in total.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

CryAngel

by CryAngel » Post

kaeza wrote:You may also want to include ...
yes, i see them in git but not sure what they do. anyway they small and can be easy added by self, like any other mods.

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

CryAngel wrote:
kaeza wrote:You may also want to include ...
yes, i see them in git but not sure what they do. anyway they small and can be easy added by self, like any other mods.
For now they are just some kind of stub, but in the future "build" will contain stuff meant for creative servers (decorative blocks, etc), and "survival" will contain more stuff for survival servers (mobs, etc).
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

You did a good job with your build, CryAngel. It works very well and the cURL server list shows up.

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Could Fess or CryAngel make a new 64-bit build of the GitHub version of Minetest? A lot of memory leaks were fixed recently.

Fess

by Fess » Post

Updated version of minetest: 7d002b60ff3d672d141e0de65702c8af5b60f83a
http://yadi.sk/d/xGjZP_Pz3vPZI
I can also make build with LuaJIT, if someone needs it. But for some mods(like landup, canyon, etc) its better to use version with LUA, because at that case mod can update chunks in time, while with LuaJIT version its crashes.

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Fess wrote:Updated version of minetest: 7d002b60ff3d672d141e0de65702c8af5b60f83a
http://yadi.sk/d/xGjZP_Pz3vPZI
I can also make build with LuaJIT, if someone needs it. But for some mods(like landup, canyon, etc) its better to use version with LUA, because at that case mod can update chunks in time, while with LuaJIT version its crashes.
I am glad that you made another build. Did you ask CryAngel how he gets the cURL server list working in his? Concerning landup and canyon, it looks like those mods will have to be fixed in order to be compatible with LuaJIT.