[Windows] Slab Orientation

dangrega33

[Windows] Slab Orientation

by dangrega33 » Post

Hey everybody,

I recently downloaded this app that gives you layer by layer instructions to build mansions and was going through one for fun, but it has slab either on the ground or in the air (top half of the node). When placing the slab, I can't get any other orientation other than on the ground (bottom half of the node). If anybody has any suggestions or if this is even possible to do, I would appreciate the feedback.

David

Mainpage
GitHub: mainfolio
IRC: mainpage
In-game: mainpage

Re: [Windows] Slab Orientation

by Mainpage » Post

Hi dangrega33, it's always nice to see new users, I hope you have a fun time here.

To place a slab in different positions you have to place it then find and select the screwdriver. Then you have to right click the slab (with the screwdriver.) until it goes into the desired position.

Also you asked this question in the wrong board or sub forum or whatever it's called, this sub forum is for posting stuff related to Minetest software builds, not actual building inside the Minetest as it seems you thought. Read this wikipedia page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_build if you are still confused between software building and building in Minetest, as I'm not very good at explaining things.

Don't worry about your mistake though, everyone makes one.
Last edited by Mainpage on Tue Jun 07, 2016 19:21, edited 1 time in total.
I eat baby seals

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

Moved to correct subforum.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

dangrega33

by dangrega33 » Post

Thanks guys, I guess I should actually do some reading XD I'm an engineer, so I'm not good at following instructions haha.

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

Another way to make slabs use the top part of a node is to place them from underneath. Place some cheap node such as dirt above the desired Position and then go underneath and aim placing the slab at it's underside so it clings to the ceiling. Now you can clean your building helper nodes of dirt way.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

And if you want to place several nodes with the same orientation (i.e. a row of nodes clinging to the ceiling), my replacer mod might prove very helpful.
A list of my mods can be found here.