What is Minetest? need an epic screenshot for minetest.com:D

Death Dealer

by Death Dealer » Post

Saxony wrote:
Death Dealer wrote:i really like the picture-of-the-day idea but its probly gonna have to be picture of the month.
Hey guys,

While this is an awesome idea, I think we'll just stick with having one picture up there permanently. Changing it every day/month is going to get to be a huge hassle for me and I honestly don't have the time to dedicate to doing that.

I'm fine if you want to change the homepage picture (it's admittedly not very good, was from I started playing minetest and was building the website) but you guys are making this into a lot of unnecessary work very quickly.

Also the new picture needs to be the same size/aspect that the old one is, just so the composition of the homepage isn't changing.

Thanks for understanding,
Sax
i understand that being to much work, however i will give a a pic with the right dimensions once its done. i can resize any photo so it will be easy.
Keep calm and code python^_^

LolManKuba

by LolManKuba » Post

Death Dealer wrote:
Saxony wrote:
Death Dealer wrote:i really like the picture-of-the-day idea but its probly gonna have to be picture of the month.
Hey guys,

While this is an awesome idea, I think we'll just stick with having one picture up there permanently. Changing it every day/month is going to get to be a huge hassle for me and I honestly don't have the time to dedicate to doing that.

I'm fine if you want to change the homepage picture (it's admittedly not very good, was from I started playing minetest and was building the website) but you guys are making this into a lot of unnecessary work very quickly.

Also the new picture needs to be the same size/aspect that the old one is, just so the composition of the homepage isn't changing.

Thanks for understanding,
Sax
i understand that being to much work, however i will give a a pic with the right dimensions once its done. i can resize any photo so it will be easy.
this is off topic but you should start doing the servers page of the fansite, just saying.

Death Dealer

by Death Dealer » Post

the work load for the site is tremendous, everything will get done. And this isnt the only thing i got going on lolmancuba, i have a life and friends to. so give me some time ok.

LolManKuba

by LolManKuba » Post

I was just saying, and true it must be pretty hard if your programming the site with codes. Unless your doing the stuff like on the Make-A-Free-Website-Today stuff

Death Dealer

by Death Dealer » Post

LolManKuba wrote:I was just saying, and true it must be pretty hard if your programming the site with codes. Unless your doing the stuff like on the Make-A-Free-Website-Today stuff
it easy to add stuff, no coding. theres just so much. something like 150+ post need to be added not including brand new stuff and servers. and adding the crafting section witch has labeled items for every item in the recipe. its alot of content.

Saxony

by Saxony » Post

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd let you know that the top texture packs, top mods and top server pages are up now, so you can see the top things you guys have rated so far!

Links for the lazy as always :)

http://minetest.com/top-texture-packs/
http://minetest.com/top-mods/
http://minetest.com/top-servers/

I'm actually amazed we already have 50+ texture packs up and rated already, you guys work quick!

Let me know any suggestions you may have

Sax
Minetest.com - The #1 Minetest fansite, for all your mod and texture pack needs!
Need help in Minetest? See the new Wiki!

Roflo

by Roflo » Post

Another image..
.. a few hours ago, c55 added deserts to mapgen; so I went scouting for locations:

Unless otherwise specified: I use linux and run (and compile) the latest dev.

Death Dealer

by Death Dealer » Post

Very cool roflo

Roflo

by Roflo » Post

Another tweak to deserts on github says "Tune desert beaches"..

Saxony, you sure we can't convince you to use multiple images? ;)

I believe Wordpress themes twentyten and twentyeleven already have that feature.
Unless otherwise specified: I use linux and run (and compile) the latest dev.

Death Dealer

by Death Dealer » Post

Maybe another image. Not a new image on regular basis. And I have some creative control right now and contact to saxony. So I will ask him.

Death Dealer

by Death Dealer » Post

ok so i sent one of a couple images for saxony to approve here it is:D
Thanks everybody that contributed^_^

Last edited by Death Dealer on Tue Apr 10, 2012 15:25, edited 1 time in total.