‮‪‮
‮‪

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

Re: Post your screenshots!

by Krock » Post

mg_villages + yappy =
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

by philipbenr » Post

The connected glass though... ;)

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

Slopes from slope_test:

More Blocks slopes (“slopes” branch of More Blocks' Git repository):

Both of these can be climbed like stairs.

Krock
Developer

by Krock » Post

Calinou wrote:Slopes from slope_test:

https://cdn.mediacru.sh/AgVq4UFtJ8Ft.png

https://cdn.mediacru.sh/LlSVmpuc8eJB.png

Nice! I love this update :)
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

by philipbenr » Post

'Tis beautiful.

Big3Force
GitHub: Big3Force
IRC: Big3Force
In-game: Big3Force

by Big3Force » Post

Last edited by kaeza on Fri Oct 31, 2014 00:38, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Please use the edit button to edit your posts.

Hybrid Dog
GitHub: HybridDog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

Imagethis is my home
Attachments
screenshot_4199002180.png
screenshot_4199002180.png (305.93 KiB) Viewed 1024 times

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

Enke
GitHub: NANOsoldierEnke
IRC: Enke
In-game: Enke

by Enke » Post

Built an orbital laser 21000 blocks above the spawn area at Shadowninja's Server.

An overview. Living and control areas are in the middle, solar power units on the four wings.

The laser. Controlled at the top of the satellite, it has to run through a few safeties and switches before it activates.

The interior of the laser mechanism. Both inputs must be on before any output is given on D. The switch there on the right is designed to be always on, and is another safety level. Not shown is the other end of the room, where two lights turn on when the laser is ready to fire.

Control room. The switches on the center and far left must both be on to fire. The switch on the right is the safety; it must be off to fire. When the laser is ready to fire, both headlights come on. Obviously, the computers are decorative.

Crew living and work quarters. The satellite is run by a 4-man crew. Shown here is the general work area, as well as the tool stock and a flower.

On the other end of the crew's quarters, we have books.

They sleep in here. And one has a book!

Wiring of the control room. Run by some AND statements. There's a microcontroller that runs an inversion snippet of code on the other side of the room for the safety switch.
Lush8
ExtraVars for Red Eclipse

<Anarchid> my turn was still the most awesome, yielding all the cripples, two captured paranormals, and death rate of about 30%
<ORCACommander> Anarchid: you need to work harder
<ORCACommander> I am hereby putting you under review until you can increase the casualty rate

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

Enke wrote:Built an orbital laser 21000 blocks above the spawn area at Shadowninja's Server.

An overview. Living and control areas are in the middle, solar power units on the four wings.

The laser. Controlled at the top of the satellite, it has to run through a few safeties and switches before it activates.

The interior of the laser mechanism. Both inputs must be on before any output is given on D. The switch there on the right is designed to be always on, and is another safety level. Not shown is the other end of the room, where two lights turn on when the laser is ready to fire.

Control room. The switches on the center and far left must both be on to fire. The switch on the right is the safety; it must be off to fire. When the laser is ready to fire, both headlights come on. Obviously, the computers are decorative.

Crew living and work quarters. The satellite is run by a 4-man crew. Shown here is the general work area, as well as the tool stock and a flower.

On the other end of the crew's quarters, we have books.

They sleep in here. And one has a book!

Wiring of the control room. Run by some AND statements. There's a microcontroller that runs an inversion snippet of code on the other side of the room for the safety switch.
that could work with a changed maximum range (vm is used, so maybe it would work without much lag)
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5987

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

DarkgarX
In-game: DarkgarX

by DarkgarX » Post

Krock wrote:
Calinou wrote:Slopes from slope_test:

https://cdn.mediacru.sh/AgVq4UFtJ8Ft.png

https://cdn.mediacru.sh/LlSVmpuc8eJB.png

Nice! I love this update :)
Wow nice, yes I love those :)

Krock
Developer

by Krock » Post

More mapgen! ..and a clear sky.

Enke
GitHub: NANOsoldierEnke
IRC: Enke
In-game: Enke

by Enke » Post

Built a little retreat on ShadowServer.

Entrance

My bedroom

Living room

My study

A small pool

The deck

Overview
Lush8
ExtraVars for Red Eclipse

<Anarchid> my turn was still the most awesome, yielding all the cripples, two captured paranormals, and death rate of about 30%
<ORCACommander> Anarchid: you need to work harder
<ORCACommander> I am hereby putting you under review until you can increase the casualty rate

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

I must now show you an unpleasant place:
This is the Just Test Server, the most popular Minetest server there is. Truly tragic, is it not?

I took out the lines.
Last edited by Inocudom on Tue Nov 04, 2014 22:16, edited 2 times in total.

Esteban
In-game: Esteban

by Esteban » Post

Inocudom wrote:I must now show you an unpleasant place:
--< :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( >--
-snip-
--< :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( >--
This is the Just Test Server, the most popular Minetest server there is. Truly tragic, is it not?
What I find tragic is you referring to someone's work and effort the way you just did.
Scan avatar or click here to read a Message of Hope (PDF)

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Did you not see all of the griefings in those screenshots? Did you not see the lack of variety in terms of nodes (though there is some variation?)

Now, to show off the natural terrain of the Just Test Server:
If this server was a Moontest server, then using mapgenv7 like this would be acceptable. However, this server is a standard survival server. As its name suggests, it must have started out as a testing server. However, for some reason, it gained great popularity. Despite this popularity, it still acts like a testing server, and it still uses mapgenv7 without biomes.

Now that I have said what I have said, what can be done to improve the Just Test Server? Who is the person that would need to be spoken with in order to negotiate improvements to it? This person needs to understand that his server is currently giving Minetest a poor image. This is not just due to how it is, but also due to its popularity (and its players.)

I took out the lines.
Last edited by Inocudom on Tue Nov 04, 2014 22:14, edited 1 time in total.

Esteban

by Esteban » Post

Esteban in Nothing new thread wrote:The variation of nodes is limited by the hardware and bandwidth of the admin, so I take that out of the equation.

We already had a similar and painful discussion with a server called "Clip", that some wanted to remove due to similar things. We can't just go speak bad in their backs. The best is to log in to the server and look for the owner.

Giving ideas to improve is not bad, but the way you did it was a little to mean.

hassage
IRC: hassage
In-game: hassage

by hassage » Post

My first house on Steinheim:

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

Inocudom wrote: ...
Now that I have said what I have said, what can be done to improve the Just Test Server? Who is the person that would need to be spoken with in order to negotiate improvements to it? This person needs to understand that his server is currently giving Minetest a poor image. This is not just due to how it is, but also due to its popularity (and its players.)
as far as I know the server is run by or associated with random_lag of irc (could be spellt differently) aka lag01 of the forums and aka AndrejIT of github.
There is a little pic of my castle far from spawn in this post so one thing you really have to do on that server is leave spawn and look around. If you go south from spawn and follow the coast beyond the fort you may come to another castle I extended. Also on the high plain to the east of spawn beyond the old ruins of the first buildings on the coast there are several interesting clusters of activity. Just as there are interesting things to the north and north west. Mind you some of it is some 2km and more from spawn. There may be a lot more that I have not yet seen. With the restrictions of unfreindly nights, travelling only by daylight can be time costly on that server though.

The restriction to only a few nodes is an issue and it is quite a challenge to built nicely with the few blocks availiable.
But exactly this restriction of nodes and mods may be the reason the server runs that well. There seems to be a lot of mobile based clients connecting to the server and the many bones under water might be hint to difficulties with those clients to swim. As you need to collect bones to craft dirt or sand you will have to do a lot of diving to get started though.

Spawn is a weird place on that server. Most of it is protected as are most of the rail lines and yet it always gets cluttered with random nodes, so that it has to be cleaned up by admins or the such now and then. Some of the other grieving you have noticed may be due to the availiabilty of TNT and sometimes flowing lava above ground on that server.

I did not understand the popularity of that server but I have been on it way to often lately. To me I guess the relative lagless play, the sometimes astonishing landscape and strange enough the sometimes rather melancholic atmosphere of some of the ruines is rather catching.

I do wish though there was more ways to craft dirt, maybe from lots of leaves and that one could access some of the installed nodes such as desertstone which are simply not present on the map.

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

Inocudom wrote:I must now show you an unpleasant place:
I looked at your screenshots.
I think it looks really great in comparison to before, when I played there.
I made a screenshot there because someone wrote an ip address, maybe of a minetest server, into the chat. I also played with gimp testing the highlighting of wanted parts of a screenshot to avoid wasting space at the wrong place (I did it to the shadow screenshots at the freeminer topic, too) and so just the ip address is shown in a good quality.
Attachments
screenshot_2977130623.png
screenshot_2977130623.png (96.53 KiB) Viewed 1024 times

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

Krock
Developer

by Krock » Post

The terrain got boring.

Esteban

by Esteban » Post

Krock wrote:The terrain got boring.

You can use this technique to make a more natural grass! One texture with grass, another one with some stones, with flowers, etc...

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

Does yours lag so much, too?
https://vimeo.com/96398931

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

Krock
Developer

by Krock » Post

Hybrid Dog wrote:

Does yours lag so much, too?
https://vimeo.com/96398931
Yes, I've the feeeling, those randomly generated, regular cubic nodes create a higher lag than a normal terrain.

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

Coming soon: mesh export, file dialog, collision box export, rotating, UI enhancements.

Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader