Page 45 of 373

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 08:07
by Calinou
ch98 wrote:
Evergreen wrote:
AspireMint wrote:Hello :)
Image

edit: Redcrab's server 0.4.4, Desert City

Now I'm really curious, how the **** do you make those photos?

maybe someone killed underwater or photoshop. (just paste upright people underwater sideways. background is one color so there is no need to cut it out exactly.)


You don't look like that when dead, this isn't Minecraft. :P

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:24
by PilzAdam
ch98 wrote:I don't think anyone made a good mod for moving boats

http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=4016 :'-(

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 23:29
by paramat
Casimir wrote:Papyrus that looks more like real papyrus.

Good idea in my realm generating mods i always place a grass block under papyrus so it looks like wet marshy ground instead of dry sand.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 00:12
by severak
Bridge building process: http://imgur.com/a/9zS1w

Built by ZelenaVodaCZ and me.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 23:35
by twoelk
The other day on VanessaE's server ...

Suicidal sheep

Image

baah !Geronimooooo! splash ... glug glug - poof - gone

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 18:19
by BlockMen
Image

Ötzi?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 19:43
by Jordach
BlockMen wrote:Image

Ötzi?
Ice ice baby. *Gets booed off stage*

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 20:02
by Casimir
Image
Just want to share my mapgen-settings with you.
Code: Select all
# Perlin noise attributes for different map generation parameters
# Offset, scale, spread factor, seed offset, number of octaves, persistence
mgv6_np_terrain_base = -4, 25, (500, 500, 500), 82341, 5, 0.6
mgv6_np_terrain_higher = 20, 64, (750, 750, 750), 85039, 5, 0.6
mgv6_freq_desert = 0.75
mgv6_freq_beach = 0.25
mgv6_np_steepness = 0.85, 0.1, (25, 25, 25), -932, 5, 0.7

This creates a very diverse world. You can fly around for hours and still explore and explore and explore.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 04:12
by BAGPIPE
AspireMint wrote:Hello :)
Image

edit: Redcrab's server 0.4.4, Desert City


That's great!!! just saw it

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:56
by issa
Rats family :

Image


Sheep goup Bug :

Image

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:06
by Evergreen
Casimir wrote:Image
Just want to share my mapgen-settings with you.
Code: Select all
# Perlin noise attributes for different map generation parameters
# Offset, scale, spread factor, seed offset, number of octaves, persistence
mgv6_np_terrain_base = -4, 25, (500, 500, 500), 82341, 5, 0.6
mgv6_np_terrain_higher = 20, 64, (750, 750, 750), 85039, 5, 0.6
mgv6_freq_desert = 0.75
mgv6_freq_beach = 0.25
mgv6_np_steepness = 0.85, 0.1, (25, 25, 25), -932, 5, 0.7

This creates a very diverse world. You can fly around for hours and still explore and explore and explore.
Thanks Casimir. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 18:28
by Mito551
nice texpack. what is it?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 18:30
by Calinou
Mito551 wrote:nice texpack. what is it?


It's just some kind of filter, not a texture pack -- look at the edges of the lava in hand.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 04:22
by VanessaE
Weird mapgen bug on my server - floating lava everywhere:

Image

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 19:05
by AspireMint
Hello,

Airport in Pyrite, Redcrab's server:
Image

Mushroom city, Redcrab's server:
Image
(do not eat green mushrooms! evergreen knows why :) )

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 22:01
by Jordach
AspireMint wrote:Hello,

Airport in Pyrite, Redcrab's server:
Image

Mushroom city, Redcrab's server:
Image
(do not eat green mushrooms! evergreen knows why :) )
I smell GIMP usage...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 22:34
by ch98
PilzAdam wrote:
ch98 wrote:I don't think anyone made a good mod for moving boats

http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=4016 :'-(

I meant moving ships that size. sorry for the mistake.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 00:02
by MirceaKitsune
Thought it would look better if block faces on the sun / moon axis would be brighter too (till we have hardware lighting once and for all). Doubt this will be accepted, but I pull requested it just in case.

Image

Image

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 01:14
by cypher-neo
Working in a new world right now... I'm going to build as many things as possible, taking as long as possible, because I need to test the stability of my mod over a long period of time.

The mod I'm working on causes water erosion in Minetest... So when exposed to water, stone has a chance of disintegrating into gravel, and gravel into sand. Also when exposed to water, cobble has a chance of becoming mossycobble.

Anyway, I built this interesting tower first... thought I'd post a few screenshots. I am using a custom texture pack.

Image
Here's the whole tower. You can see the erosion mod at work, because some of the cobble has become mossy.

Image
Whole tower. Different angle.

Image
Looking in through the front entrance.

Image
Looking up the central shaft of the tower.

Image
That tiny little floor holds two furnaces.

Image
Looking out the window at the top of the tower, I realize I have a rat problem...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 06:43
by Jordach
MirceaKitsune wrote:Thought it would look better if block faces on the sun / moon axis would be brighter too (till we have hardware lighting once and for all). Doubt this will be accepted, but I pull requested it just in case.

Image

Image
Looks nice!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:29
by AspireMint
Jordach wrote:
AspireMint wrote:(blah blah blah)
I smell GIMP usage...

no, something like MS Paint :]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 15:01
by Inocudom
AspireMint wrote:
Jordach wrote:
AspireMint wrote:(blah blah blah)
I smell GIMP usage...

no, something like MS Paint :]


Try a better program like Gimp, Pixia, or Paint.NET. You can do more with those.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:12
by rubenwardy
Pac man!

Image

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 14:37
by PenguinDad
cypher-neo wrote:Working in a new world right now... I'm going to build as many things as possible, taking as long as possible, because I need to test the stability of my mod over a long period of time.

The mod I'm working on causes water erosion in Minetest... So when exposed to water, stone has a chance of disintegrating into gravel, and gravel into sand. Also when exposed to water, cobble has a chance of becoming mossycobble.

Anyway, I built this interesting tower first... thought I'd post a few screenshots. I am using a custom texture pack.

Image
Here's the whole tower. You can see the erosion mod at work, because some of the cobble has become mossy.

Image
Whole tower. Different angle.

Image
Looking in through the front entrance.

Image
Looking up the central shaft of the tower.

Image
That tiny little floor holds two furnaces.

Image
Looking out the window at the top of the tower, I realize I have a rat problem...

Can I have this TP?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 16:16
by Inocudom
Hybrid Dog wrote:
Post y...
Ok, I explored a dungeon.


I think it would be neat if you made a new block type known as swamp stone cobble to go along with your swamp stone bricks. This would be useful for when dungeons appear inside swamps, because you could use those two block types to make the structures fit in better with their surroundings. Simply create stairs and slabs for swamp stone, swamp stone cobble, and swamp stone bricks. Then, replace the blocks of the dungeons inside your swamps with your blocks (cobble stone replaced by swamp stone bricks, and mossy cobble replaced by swamp stone cobble.) What are your thoughts on this idea?

Those are very nice pictures that you took of that dungeon. The jungle adds depth to the scenery.