Page 91 of 397

Re: Post your screenshots!

Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 18:39
by Wuzzy
The claim of MediaCrush being open-source is false. They use Google Analytics, which is not open-source. According to the source code, Google Analytics is only used inline when DNT is not set. I disagree with the idea of DNT, because this is opt-out privacy: By default, all users are tracked unless they explicitly deny it. In my eyes, the whole point of DNT is to justify that users are tracked by default. And most websites simply ignore DNT, making DNT utterly pointless, even harmful, because it gives a false sense of privacy.
There you have the reasons of not using MediaCrush (However, there are many alternatives which are worse but that does not justify the wrongs of MediaCrush, of course).

Re: Post your screenshots!

Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 18:52
by LionsDen
Now they are there. I haven't made any changes to my system but after you posted, suddenly I can scroll up and see the two images. Weird.

Re: Post your screenshots!

Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 21:36
by PenguinDad
Jordach wrote:RealBadAngel's patch for DIFFERENT SHADED SIDES OF NODES makes BFD look 1600x better.

Image

You'll also note that shaders are also turned on, as well as the bumpmappin.
This is so awesome!

Re: Post your screenshots!

Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 22:30
by MirceaKitsune
Jordach wrote:Why don't people use https://mediacru.sh - it's fast, free, and OPEN SOURCE! And supports albums, direct linking, BBCode, etc.
I used to use Tinypic. People told me to stop using it because Imgur is better. Now I use Imgur, but people say it's bad and suggest using something else. The ride never ends :) Mediacru looks nice though, I might take a look at it later.

Re: Post your screenshots!

Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 01:07
by HeroOfTheWinds
mediacru.sh is neat, but I only have one complaint with it: you can't use it with [img] tags. And I have no bloody idea why I even use photobucket... *shrugs*

Re: Post your screenshots!

Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 01:09
by Evergreen
HeroOfTheWinds wrote:mediacru.sh is neat, but I only have one complaint with it: you can't use it with [img] tags. And I have no bloody idea why I even use photobucket... *shrugs*
Yes you can. Click the share button and copy the part where it says "BB Code"

Re: Post your screenshots!

Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 01:25
by MirceaKitsune
Screenshots of new code I added to the Creatures mod today, which make mobs also follow each other and gang up together.

Image

Image

Re: Post your screenshots!

Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 02:30
by HeroOfTheWinds
Neat, MirceaKitsune! I must say your mobs tend to act more naturally than most other forks...


Screenshot of the new release of CaveRealms!
Image
Note I'm using the smooth lighting from the latest dev build. ;)

Re: Post your screenshots!

Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 06:13
by paramat
Image


First test of generative architecture.

Re: Post your screenshots!

Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 07:44
by AMMOnym
First test of generative architecture.[/quote]
Grow it up to infinite ?

Re: Post your screenshots!

Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 18:34
by jp
Erebor (The Hobbit), available for download here : viewtopic.php?p=143904#p143904

Image
+ Spoiler

Re: Post your screenshots!

Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 19:38
by MirceaKitsune
jp wrote:Erebor (The Hobbit), available for download here : viewtopic.php?p=145710#p145710
I think that's the largest structure I've seen done in Minetest so far. Really nice and awesome!

Re: Post your screenshots!

Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 22:10
by philipbenr
I'm making a small dwarvish outpost/kingdom, but I think that jp is going to shame me with that no matter what.

Re: Post your screenshots!

Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 23:11
by MirceaKitsune
New feature allowing random player + mob skins in the Creatures mod:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Post your screenshots!

Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 01:01
by Inocudom
MirceaKitsune wrote:New feature allowing random player + mob skins in the Creatures mod:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Does this support the mods skins and unified_inventory_skins?

Re: Post your screenshots!

Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 01:16
by MirceaKitsune
Inocudom wrote:Does this support the mods skins and unified_inventory_skins?
I'm not using code from any other mod, only the textures and the definitions to apply various skins. So any texture that's compatible with the UV mapping of the default model will work. Otherwise, I don't know what other mods this one is compatible with, generally speaking... I assume it might conflict with some.

Re: Post your screenshots!

Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 05:49
by paramat
Image


Another simple test using a single 8x5x8 module. The real challenge will be to create connected internal spaces.

Re: Post your screenshots!

Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 09:24
by Casimir
This is simply amazing.
One day we should team up and build real generative buildings.

Re: Post your screenshots!

Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 13:41
by Krock
Some hours after the carts were added to the world:
Image

Re: Post your screenshots!

Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 09:37
by Calinou

Re: Post your screenshots!

Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 18:59
by WhoAreYou
Ok, and here is my screenshots!

My old world on MT 0.3.1 (doesn't exist anymore)
Image

My large block of flats on VanessaE's Nostalgia server
Image

"Whoareyou tower" on VanessaE's Mostly-Vanilla Minetest server

Image


"Jenga Monolith" tower on Onez' Minetest Server (someone make nasty wood balcony on it :))

Image

Re: Post your screenshots!

Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 19:06
by MirceaKitsune
Yay for cities in Minetest!

Re: Post your screenshots!

Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 19:58
by SB66
A more ancient style....
"The better neighbourhood"

Image

Image

Image

Re: Post your screenshots!

Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 06:58
by WhoAreYou
Old abandoned skyscraper on VanessaE's Mostly-Vanilla Minetest server


Image

Re: Post your screenshots!

Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:33
by Calinou
Paintings in Carbone:
15 paintings are available, crafted with 8 sticks and 1 wool, using 64 × 64 textures.

Image