Need default texture pack, thats up to date.

Death Dealer

Need default texture pack, thats up to date.

by Death Dealer » Post

Im looking for a pack that has all the textures present for the latest version 0.4.14, Ive seen sofar's converter and i can do something thats a bit more smooth for the end user, and packaged properly. Just need the a complete pack for MT to get the structure:)

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

Re: Need default texture pack, thats up to date.

by Krock » Post

The "complete" texture pack would contain textures for over a thousand of different mods. So you're talking about the textures from minetest_game only, right?
After a fresh git clone/download of minetest_game you can simply use a local file search application and list all *.png files inside the "mods" directory.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Death Dealer

by Death Dealer » Post

Wow ok so the games base texture are in the mods folder?

Death Dealer

by Death Dealer » Post

And i need structure to so just searching for all extension ending in .png will not do it. I need to know what all a texture pack can contain. This was a bit more simple back when i was originally playing MT XD

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

You need to understand that Minetest is an engine. It supports the creation of games and other interactive things, called “subgames”.

Technically, Minetest only has few “base” textures, like the smoke puff when you die, or the sunset halo.
The other textures are coming from the respective mods and subgames. For instance, the dirt texture in Minetest Game comes from Minetest Game (in the mod “default”), and NOT Minetest.
If you want the most up-to-date textures for a given mod or subgame, you just need to update the mod or subgame to the newest version. You do NOT need to update the default textures seperately. The textures of a mod are always part of the mod.

Also, you seem to misunderstand how texture pack work. Texture packs are NOT required. If no texture pack is used, Minetest just uses the default textures from the engine, mods and subgames. Texture packs allow you to overwrite the default textures (if you wish) but this is always optional.

Long story short: If you just want the default textures, you just need to stop using texture packs. Select “None” in the list of texture packs.

I hope this helps.

PS: I don't really understand what you are trying to achieve. Maybe it helps more if you tell us what you actually want to do.

Death Dealer

by Death Dealer » Post

Wuzzy wrote:You need to understand that Minetest is an engine. It supports the creation of games and other interactive things, called “subgames”.

Technically, Minetest only has few “base” textures, like the smoke puff when you die, or the sunset halo.
The other textures are coming from the respective mods and subgames. For instance, the dirt texture in Minetest Game comes from Minetest Game (in the mod “default”), and NOT Minetest.
If you want the most up-to-date textures for a given mod or subgame, you just need to update the mod or subgame to the newest version. You do NOT need to update the default textures seperately. The textures of a mod are always part of the mod.

Also, you seem to misunderstand how texture pack work. Texture packs are NOT required. If no texture pack is used, Minetest just uses the default textures from the engine, mods and subgames. Texture packs allow you to overwrite the default textures (if you wish) but this is always optional.

Long story short: If you just want the default textures, you just need to stop using texture packs. Select “None” in the list of texture packs.

I hope this helps.

PS: I don't really understand what you are trying to achieve. Maybe it helps more if you tell us what you actually want to do.
Sorry my question got misconstrued, i found how things are done now. I was needing information on how the directorys work with minetest now as they have change since ive been around. I see now all images are just put into one directory. Im making a converter for MC-MT that has no dependency and should be cross platform. Ill make a new thread for it. Thanks for the info tho^_^

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

So you want to convert MC texture packs to MT?
maybe some of these mods contain something useful:
Minecraft to Minetest Block Converter (mcblocks) (was Minecraft Texture Pack Converter)
Use mc texture packs in minetest

Death Dealer

by Death Dealer » Post

twoelk wrote:So you want to convert MC texture packs to MT?
maybe some of these mods contain something useful:
Minecraft to Minetest Block Converter (mcblocks) (was Minecraft Texture Pack Converter)
Use mc texture packs in minetest
Im not interested in converting packs, im interested in making a tool that has no dependency for others to use to convert packs^_^