Ultimate modded game (Minetest++)

NakedFury

by NakedFury » Post

lkjoel wrote:
NakedFury wrote:-create mode insta-mine- umm is this like a creative mode where you touch thing and its mined instantly?
-merge 3d player (digging and looking around in all directions add on maybe?)- ??
-sound when player hurt-this one is obvious too but different sounds depending on what hit you? like a drowning sound or suffocating sound(for sand or gravel or even food stuffing), etc
-changeable skins for players-ingame, with menu, skin change? could this be done with textures to?
-hand uses hand section of player skin-like in minecraft, thank you. or like in any other game.
-remove rightclick drop so it can be used for other things-dont understand.
-weight to the
holy cow, nearly all of these were on our todo-list before! coincidence...
I copy pasted your todo list and just asked what was meant by it. I still dont understand some of the stuff you guys want to do. like merge 3d player? weight to the hand or something like that, etc.

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Post

Oh! *facepalm*
You got the insta-mine correct. The 3D player is made by krisi and looks a lot like the minecraft 3D player.
Good idea for the sound when the player is hurt. The changeable skins was made in my minetest-war repo, so it's easy to change textures.
The rightclick drop thing is when you right-click a tool. It drops (not supposed to happen).
Weight to the weapons is so that it delays the camera movement depending on how heavy the items are. I don't fully understand this myself, so jordan might be able to explain this better ^_^
My mods: The Nether | Doctor Who (WIP)

I have quit minetest ... again. I am heavily unimpressed by both the game and the community.

NakedFury

by NakedFury » Post

ohh totally understand them now.
making players 3d would it then be easier to make npcs or any other animal or mob 3d too?

i have been reading some of the mods and reading the source code so I can try and learn how you guys do some of this things and there is 1 thing I would like to know...for now:(if you can answer it)

Where in the code is the blocks size or structure or whatever?
I have been trying to find that but having no experience is making it hard. I want to find it because I would like to know what I would need to do to make a mod that adds different sized blocks.

Slabs like in minecraft, 1/4 block, even tinier 1/8 blocks, other shapes, etc. IT would all be for aesthetic purposes.

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Post

I'm not sure. I think it has something to do with collisionbox
My mods: The Nether | Doctor Who (WIP)

I have quit minetest ... again. I am heavily unimpressed by both the game and the community.

jordan4ibanez
GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Post

would be nice if we could get other developers involved in this

&&

people should join the forum http://minetestpp.tk/forum/#/
hello, am program. do language in rust. make computer do. okay i go now.

jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Post

3d player and custom gui skins? AWESOME!

blue

by blue » Post

bumping cuz i can and so people dont have to hunt throuhg 20 pages of threads to find it :P
I like to debate.

arreat

by arreat » Post

Jordan4ibanez, I see new logo on the http://minetestpp.tk, and think: maybe I can provide a little help?

I created the different logo, maybe it will be better?

P.S. Just I like the Minetest. And I'm sorry for my bad English)

Yoda

by Yoda » Post

It would be cool if smeone could make a 3d and a 2d player editor program for Minetest++ :D
Great game for hobos, minetest is. My game also my name, speacking yoda is. Hmmmmmm.

Yoda

by Yoda » Post

It would be cool if smeone could make a 3d and a 2d player editor program for Minetest++ :D
Great game for hobos, minetest is. My game also my name, speacking yoda is. Hmmmmmm.

jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Post

arreat wrote:Jordan4ibanez, I see new logo on the http://minetestpp.tk, and think: maybe I can provide a little help?

I created the different logo, maybe it will be better?

P.S. Just I like the Minetest. And I'm sorry for my bad English)
wow! thank you for this amazing logo!

jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Post

Yoda wrote:It would be cool if smeone could make a 3d and a 2d player editor program for Minetest++ :D
gimp

Yoda

by Yoda » Post

Oh i have gimp! I cant seem to make pixels Blahh :/

Death Dealer

by Death Dealer » Post

Yoda wrote:Oh i have gimp! I cant seem to make pixels Blahh :/
Move the scale of the brush all the way down. It goes so small it only does one pixel at a time.
Keep calm and code python^_^

cosarara97

by cosarara97 » Post

It's nice :) Much more minecraft-like... I don't know if that's good or bad xD
I had to make an oxygen_half.png image, because the game crashed if a player connected the second time.
Apart from this, it's like walking on ice. When I stop walking, it doesn't fully stop moving immediately, it continues a little more, which I think it's very annoying. Is there an option to make it normal?
:D

jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Post

cosarara97 wrote: When I stop walking, it doesn't fully stop moving immediately, it continues a little more, which I think it's very annoying. Is there an option to make it normal?
thats inirtia..when ice is implemented you will slide a lot farther :P it will be tweaked a little but for now its good..also notice when you drop into water you slow down instead of instantly stopping

Death Dealer

by Death Dealer » Post

any progress with this??

Death Dealer

by Death Dealer » Post

the site actually looks pretty decent.

arreat

by arreat » Post

Much more minecraft-like... I don't know if that's good or bad xD
But cubic-style is typical for most minecraft-like games, because this is main idea of game :)
I don't mind seeing a smoother objects, and I want create textures, different from minecraft-like. But I don't know, how draw it clean, high-resolution and noiseless, smooth. (example, as http://us.cubelands.com/ textures)

By the way, what with anti-aliasing?

cosarara97

by cosarara97 » Post

cosarara97 wrote:I had to make an oxygen_half.png image, because the game crashed if a player connected the second time.
Oh, well, it looks like it's still crashing...

Lelix

by Lelix » Post

great, but is part of the original project or become an independent game?

cosarara97

by cosarara97 » Post

jordan4ibanez wrote:
cosarara97 wrote: When I stop walking, it doesn't fully stop moving immediately, it continues a little more, which I think it's very annoying. Is there an option to make it normal?
that's inertia..when ice is implemented you will slide a lot farther :P it will be tweaked a little but for now its good..also notice when you drop into water you slow down instead of instantly stopping
I think you slow down too slowly (does this sentence make sense? lol), making it impossible to swim on the surface. If you keep space pressed underwater, you go up like if you were full of air, but then you arrive at the surface and start going down very fast. When you are 6 or 7 blocks down, you start going up again. This makes (apart from normal swimming) jumping just a block underwater impossible, because with just a little press of the jump key you are at the surface again...
It'll be difficult to make it realistic, because people floats, instead of sinking like a rock. However, we need to be able to walk underwater, don't we? (Maybe with heavy metal boots... =P)

Also, you start starving after 2 minutes of swimming D:

Temperest
GitHub: Uberi

by Temperest » Post

Lelix wrote:great, but is part of the original project or become an independent game?
I would love to see this as part of the original game, since so many improvements have been made IMO, and it would be a shame to divide the community into two groups. Plus, celeron55's expertise will be needed very much in future developments of the game.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

The Mesecons Laboratory - the art of Mesecons circuitry
Latest article: Mesecons Basics.

Lelix

by Lelix » Post

Temperest wrote:
Lelix wrote:great, but is part of the original project or become an independent game?
I would love to see this as part of the original game, since so many improvements have been made IMO, and it would be a shame to divide the community into two groups. Plus, celeron55's expertise will be needed very much in future developments of the game.

you're right