Best FOSS screen recording software for minetest vids

BirgitLachner
In-game: Bibs

Re: Best FOSS screen recording software for minetest vids

by BirgitLachner » Post

crazy_baboon wrote:I wonder... Anyone knows of a screen recording software that can on GNU/Linux and that features mouse-click highlighting?
There is a little tool called key-mon ... it is not highliting the mouse but offers an extra, small window to show it.

If wrote it down on my (german) blog http://www.superlehrer.de/2017/02/09/sc ... ter-linux/

JGoffredo
In-game: JGoffredo

by JGoffredo » Post

I am having problems to record audio output in OBS.

I did not discovered why, so I work around connecting computer audio output into input and capturing the input.

I use FreeBSD.

Any idea how to solve this?

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

JGoffredo wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 16:08
Any idea how to solve this?
OBS handles audio awesomely well and allows multiple multi-channel outputs at the same time (i.e. streaming and recording, both with different channels and configurations). But it depends on how well the operating system is set up.

When your OS handles “desktop audio” and audio input separately or even on a per-application basis then it should absolutely be possible to configure OBS exactly how you need it.

My hint is not to use the provided default audio sources but to configure your own sources so you can exactly define what input device should be used as source. (Add -> Audio Input Capture, it depends on your system what variants you have there and what devices are shown)