99 items

Byakuren
GitHub: raymoo
IRC: Hijiri
In-game: Raymoo + Clownpiece

Re: 99 items

by Byakuren » Post

Let's just multiply all the important factors together
9 (for crafting) * 2^3(for 2, 4, or 8 node crafting recipes, also split) * 10 (middle click) = 720 items per stack :P
Every time a mod API is left undocumented, a koala dies.

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

Sergey wrote:It's not a problem at all. Now image of item is big enough not to be overlaped with number label.
Small screens? Let font sizes in MT not be hardcoded. Let MT define font size depending on screen resolution.
I disagree. Here's a perfect example of why a stack size of more than 99 is a problem for tablet and phone users:

Notice how on on this app, a single inventory slot can exactly fit two digits.

Sergey

by Sergey » Post

sorcerykid wrote:Here's a perfect example of why a stack size of more than 99 is a problem for tablet and phone users:

Notice how on on this app, a single inventory slot can exactly fit two digits.
Of course, if I choose such a huge font size, 3 digits would problem for me.

DreamGuardian
In-game: Dream_Guardian

by DreamGuardian » Post

I think it would be better to have these items go beyond 99 in case you run out of room in your inventory. Later on you can just split it like usual for your desired craft requirements

waldberg

by waldberg » Post

I absolutely would say that solely 96 is a suitable amount of a full stack. It has the highest amount of divisors (wich is the most important base for easy and proper crafting out of stacks) below 100. You can ALMOST say that 99 is an indivisible number because of its very small amount of divisors.
And I think a full stack amount around 100 is even good with regards to space of inventory.
My english can cause brain cancer

PolySaken
GitHub: PolySaken-I-Am
In-game: PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

The issue of 3+ digits not fitting on small screens can be solved by putting a small '+' after a number instead of printing the stack size. E.X. : ~200 items could be printed as 99+.
Here are the main arguments so far:
- divisibility: the max should be an easily divisible number to help with crafting; it should be halvable as well
- realism: stack size should be dependent on the item's size with smaller=better
- quality of life: stacks shouldn't have an arbitrary limit, or should be based on printability
- convention: stacks should be 99 because everyone's used to it
I like the realism approach best, but failing that I'd have to go with divisibility. I also think stack sizes should hide when they're too large and only show when moused over or wielded.

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

sorcerykid wrote:Here's a perfect example of why a stack size of more than 99 is a problem for tablet and phone users:
If it is not the official app with default settings it’s irrelevant because it was deliberately chosen by the user.