minetesthosting.com

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

minetesthosting.com

by BBmine » Post

Hi everyone, I have a question. Who is in charge of minetesthosting.com? I have some suggestions for him.

red-001
GitHub: red-001
IRC: red-001

Re: minetesthosting.com

by red-001 » Post

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

I sent a message to the email address there twice, but I never got a response, so I thought that maybe that email address was incorrect/never read.

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Post

BBmine wrote:
I sent a message to the email address there twice, but I never got a response, so I thought that maybe that email address was incorrect/never read.
Maybe the Webmaster is in the Bahamas eating unicorn fishes and relaxing with his wife.
How many time have you waited since the last message?
Have a nice day! :D

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

MineYoshi wrote:
BBmine wrote:
Maybe the Webmaster is in the Bahamas eating unicorn fishes and relaxing with his wife.
How many time have you waited since the last message?
Yeah, maybe he is. Oh wait, I hope he's not eating mcg's.
I sent the first message last summer, I think. The second one I sent right after 0.4.15 came out.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

minetesthosting.com is messed up. It won't let anyone connect to my server :P It says that their clients aren't official. What's bad is they don't yet support downloading maps, so it'd be kinda hard for me to just transfer the map to my pc and run it there.

EDIT: It does it to me on the paid account, but not the free one. #confuzzled

TumeniNodes
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

find a better hosting service.
I see quite the pricing, and not much control, or service in return. There is better out there
A Wonderful World

Cpt_mcg
GitHub: CptMcg
IRC: mcg
In-game: mcg Captain_FluffCat

by Cpt_mcg » Post

BBmine wrote:
You never get a response.....I've tried before as well.
xD I'm a weird gamer, I cannot help it :P
BBmine needs help, help him :P
I need to be nicer than nice.
Je connais un peu de français.

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Post

Cpt_mcg wrote:
BBmine wrote:
You never get a response.....I've tried before as well.
Believe me, maybe the Webmaster is in the Bahamas eating unicorn fishes and relaxing with his wife.

Cpt_mcg

by Cpt_mcg » Post

Why unicorn fishes? LOL

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

Oh yeah MineYoshi! it's mcg (the unicorn)'s account that's messed up, not mine!

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Post

BBmine wrote:Oh yeah MineYoshi! it's mcg (the unicorn)'s account that's messed up, not mine!
Anyways, like Tumeni Nodes said, it's better that you'd get a better service.

TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

I wonder, and only asking as I had not thought to look...,
do they have a disclaimer anywhere which states they are not affiliated with Minetest / Mintest Game?

I would think if this is a common issue, it might reflect on the project (in client's minds).

<edit> a quick look shows me they do not : /
A Wonderful World

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

The problem is, how would I get the server on my pc? I have to have the $40 plan to do it, but they haven't even implemented it yet :/

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Post

BBmine wrote:The problem is, how would I get the server on my pc? I have to have the $40 plan to do it, but they haven't even implemented it yet :/
You can get better plans in other websites with those "$40". Also, is it really that hard for you to set up a server?

TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

<null statement>
Last edited by TumeniNodes on Wed May 17, 2017 15:21, edited 1 time in total.
A Wonderful World

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

MineYoshi wrote:
BBmine wrote:The problem is, how would I get the server on my pc? I have to have the $40 plan to do it, but they haven't even implemented it yet :/
You can get better plans in other websites with those "$40". Also, is it really that hard for you to set up a server?
No, it's not that hard, it's just that it would be hard to get the map that's on minetesthosting.com onto my pc. (I could use enable_local_map_saving = true, like I always have, but I might not copy everyone's builds.)

mransom
IRC: mransom
In-game: mark

by mransom » Post

Hey gang, my name is Mark and I run MinetestHosting.com (badly, as you may have noticed). I worked through some issues this morning where a rogue mod was causing issues with people connecting. I'm open to suggestions, though minetesthosting.com is a side project that doesn't really make any money yet, but I'd love to be able to improve things and make it a better service than it is now.

I'm not affiliated with the Minetest project, or any other minetest-related sites or individuals.

I'd like to apologize to those who I have failed to respond to, I'm a bit swamped a lot of the time, and I haven't given this project or my customers the attention that they need and deserve.

BBmine, I'm happy to send you a backup of your world(s) so you can transition smoothly, if you want to shoot me another email, I won't let it slip of my radar this time :-)

Thanks everyone,
Mark@MinetestHosting.com

TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

Nice to see the communication... it is key.
I retract my last statement : )
A Wonderful World

Cpt_mcg

by Cpt_mcg » Post

BBmine wrote:Oh yeah MineYoshi! it's mcg (the unicorn)'s account that's messed up, not mine!
It's not messed up for me, I don't know what your talking about....

Cpt_mcg

by Cpt_mcg » Post

mransom wrote:Hey gang, my name is Mark and I run MinetestHosting.com (badly, as you may have noticed). I worked through some issues this morning where a rogue mod was causing issues with people connecting. I'm open to suggestions, though minetesthosting.com is a side project that doesn't really make any money yet, but I'd love to be able to improve things and make it a better service than it is now.

I'm not affiliated with the Minetest project, or any other minetest-related sites or individuals.

I'd like to apologize to those who I have failed to respond to, I'm a bit swamped a lot of the time, and I haven't given this project or my customers the attention that they need and deserve.

BBmine, I'm happy to send you a backup of your world(s) so you can transition smoothly, if you want to shoot me another email, I won't let it slip of my radar this time :-)

Thanks everyone,
Mark@MinetestHosting.com
You try your best, it's hard to keep up with everyone...I'm glad you replied :) I would gladly help you maintain the website, but I'm a little young and also have school to do xD

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

mransom wrote:Hey gang, my name is Mark and I run MinetestHosting.com (badly, as you may have noticed). I worked through some issues this morning where a rogue mod was causing issues with people connecting. I'm open to suggestions, though minetesthosting.com is a side project that doesn't really make any money yet, but I'd love to be able to improve things and make it a better service than it is now.

Thanks everyone,
Mark@MinetestHosting.com
Hi! After you posted this, I decided that since someone is working on minetesthosting.com, the project wasn't abandoned. :)

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

WorldEdit was allowing players to 'hack' servers and basically become the admin. They could do anything. A patch was released I think. Dunno if this is the problem you are having.
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

mransom
IRC: mransom
In-game: mark

by mransom » Post

GreenDimond wrote:
WorldEdit was allowing players to 'hack' servers and basically become the admin. They could do anything. A patch was released I think. Dunno if this is the problem you are having.
Yep, that's exactly what my problem was. I've patched my copy of WorldEdit and I'm working on making sure all of my other mods are up-to-date as well. I'm also working on Containerizing things, so that this type of thing won't happen again.

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

mransom wrote:
GreenDimond wrote:
Yep, that's exactly what my problem was. I've patched my copy of WorldEdit and I'm working on making sure all of my other mods are up-to-date as well. I'm also working on Containerizing things, so that this type of thing won't happen again.
Oh good! Your mods were extremely out-dated xD
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.