Minecraft announcement E3 discussion

Kevin Tee

Minecraft announcement E3 discussion

by Kevin Tee » Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq_Q77bJ3H0

I'm not trying to argue mt vs mc, just discussion, what do you think?
Notable new features are support 4K resolution, super deluxe graphic(shaders without external mods), can play across multiple platform( no mention of linux), etc.

MineYoshi

Re: Minecraft announcement E3 discussion

by MineYoshi » Post

Rescaled 4k, Shaders stolen from the minecraftforum that they should have added since 3-2 years ago, and crappy community that applauds to that.

I still wait mod support from Minecraft, but so far nothing. The "crossplatform" thing is something that Minetest did before Mojang even thought about that.

I'm not impressed.
Have a nice day! :D

Kevin Tee

by Kevin Tee » Post

MineYoshi wrote:Rescaled 4k, Shaders stolen from the minecraftforum that they should have added since 3-2 years ago, and crappy community that applauds to that.

I still wait mod support from Minecraft, but so far nothing. The "crossplatform" thing is something that Minetest did before Mojang even thought about that.

I'm not impressed.
Can I play mt at 4K if I have 4K monitor?

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

Kevin Tee wrote:Can I play mt at 4K if I have 4K monitor?
Yes, but the HUD will probably look tiny, you would have to adjust font sizes using the font_size and mono_font_size settings in minetest.conf. Note that if you do this, some menus will look broken (like the key change menu), and there is no fix yet for this.

Kevin Tee

by Kevin Tee » Post

MineYoshi wrote:Rescaled 4k, Shaders stolen from the minecraftforum that they should have added since 3-2 years ago, and crappy community that applauds to that.

I'm not impressed.
I know there is more important things, but are there anybody in mt working on shader at the moment?

Plus
In-game: Plus

by Plus » Post

First post here.

I have actually just come to Minetest after being a Minecraft player since Alpha. Reading between the lines, "continuing to offer support" for the Java version of MC means they are putting it on life support while they push the Windows 10 Edition and its cross-platform abilities. As a Linux user, and as someone who knows many who do not have the money to upgrade to Windows 10 from XP / 7 / 8.1, this is what sent me searching. The java version news was a huge middle-finger to mod developers and I feel for them at this time.

However! Thank god there is another sandbox engine that is open source and has a great community. I hope that many more users will come here and see just how special this game is. I generated a world yesterday and the old magic of exploration that I got in MC pre-Mojang was there. So thanks devs :)

- Plus

Kevin Tee

by Kevin Tee » Post

Plus wrote:First post here.

I have actually just come to Minetest after being a Minecraft player since Alpha. Reading between the lines, "continuing to offer support" for the Java version of MC means they are putting it on life support while they push the Windows 10 Edition and its cross-platform abilities. As a Linux user, and as someone who knows many who do not have the money to upgrade to Windows 10 from XP / 7 / 8.1, this is what sent me searching. The java version news was a huge middle-finger to mod developers and I feel for them at this time.

However! Thank god there is another sandbox engine that is open source and has a great community. I hope that many more users will come here and see just how special this game is. I generated a world yesterday and the old magic of exploration that I got in MC pre-Mojang was there. So thanks devs :)

- Plus
Welcome! Linux user too. I simply like to use linux rather than not having money, I can get windows 10 for free from my university. It is hard to introduce minetest to other people, I think that they will just think it is another mc clone.

Plus
In-game: Plus

by Plus » Post

Oh yes! I should clarify - I "upgraded" from Windows 10 to Linux. My wife is about to do the same :D

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

Shaders and crossplay aside... "New" "Minecraft" will be Windows 10 only (if not counting Java one, which is now "Java edition"), no older Windows support (just because), no Linux, no Mac OS...

Minecraft has shaders via Optifine. Also, java version is itself cross-compatible, it is just those console peasants...
Last edited by Fixer on Sun Jun 18, 2017 22:42, edited 5 times in total.

Sporax
GitHub: Sporax
IRC: Sporax
In-game: Sporax

by Sporax » Post

YEAHHHH minetest needs shaders... we want it, we wait it, create it guys! :-D

spyjoshx
IRC: spyjoshx
In-game: spyjoshx

by spyjoshx » Post

Hey, Plus

That's awesome that you upgraded to linux! (I did that a LONG time ago...) Just curious as to what distro you are using. Also, I've come to Minetest from Minecraft because of mostly the same reasons (I still play it from time to time however). I do hope they keep linux support....

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

Fixerol wrote:Shaders and crossplay aside... "New" "Minecraft" will be Windows 10 only (if not counting Java one, which is now "Java edition"), no older Windows support (just because), no Linux, no Mac OS...
This is what I said on Reddit right after Microsoft bought Mojang and I got downvoted to oblivion like anyone else who said that. And now ... well ... I don't want to say "I knew it!" but ... I knew it! :)

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Post

Linuxdirk wrote:
Fixerol wrote:Shaders and crossplay aside... "New" "Minecraft" will be Windows 10 only (if not counting Java one, which is now "Java edition"), no older Windows support (just because), no Linux, no Mac OS...
This is what I said on Reddit right after Microsoft bought Mojang and I got downvoted to oblivion like anyone else who said that. And now ... well ... I don't want to say "I knew it!" but ... I knew it! :)
It's just that they want the "last" platforms to only have support. I have fear of using Windows 10 because of surveillance and other reasons. You were right, and i'm sure it will be like that for many time(There are the older MineCraft versions in the internet though.).
Have a nice day! :D