Stop not promoting the subgames enough!

dawgdoc
GitHub: dawgdoc

Re: Stop not promoting the subgames enough!

by dawgdoc » Post

Xudo wrote:.zip is not good enough?
Ruggero suggested:
just put the subgame/mod folder in a executible file which extracts his content in the proper directory?
in order to make it easier for people installing subgames, and mods for that matter. Presumably the user would only need to double click on the file. With the .zip files after the user double clicks they then must put the extracted files and folders into the correct place on their hard drive. Additionally they may be required to change the name of the subgame/mod upper tier folder.

@MIneYoshi I have run Python scripts in a terminal window to launch applications and that could be an adequate solution. But, would it make things simpler for and inexperienced computer user?
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Give a kid a fish, it's going to die.

ABJ
GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

by ABJ » Post

Actually, it is.
What I'd really like is a system where we can go to a tab in MT and see introductions of subgame and download it from there. Developers could copy links and description to the code and new subgames would be added to the list every release.

SonosFuer
GitHub: apachano
IRC: SonosFuer
In-game: SonosFuer

by SonosFuer » Post

I am building a database to store and organize mod releases (and sub-games) that would make this easy to implement, even if it is just an on the side application. If someone takes this on as a project I can make an API to get the mods/ sub-games info and downloads.
Working on a content database for minetest mods, servers, and etc Check it out and give me feedback at viewtopic.php?f=14&t=18137

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

SonosFuer wrote:I am building a database to store and organize mod releases (and sub-games) that would make this easy to implement, even if it is just an on the side application. If someone takes this on as a project I can make an API to get the mods/ sub-games info and downloads.
You mean like the multiple pages that provide a search system using the forum as back-end.

SonosFuer
GitHub: apachano
IRC: SonosFuer
In-game: SonosFuer

by SonosFuer » Post

Linuxdirk wrote:
SonosFuer wrote:I am building a database to store and organize mod releases (and sub-games) that would make this easy to implement, even if it is just an on the side application. If someone takes this on as a project I can make an API to get the mods/ sub-games info and downloads.
You mean like the multiple pages that provide a search system using the forum as back-end.
Kinda, I am not going to use the forums as a back end. I am actually going to create my own user interface for it. Developers will add their content and it manage it on the database.

Also there is a project that manages and installs mods in development, it uses git hub and doers not automatically get a list of mods, they are in a pre built database, but its a really cool project. viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8749
Working on a content database for minetest mods, servers, and etc Check it out and give me feedback at viewtopic.php?f=14&t=18137