need help to change the "branch" my server use with git

ektor
IRC: dtarcz
In-game: ektor

need help to change the "branch" my server use with git

by ektor » Post

Hello, I just read this post, see here : viewtopic.php?f=18&t=17929 and understand that now we can't anymore use the 0.4.16-dev but use the stable-0.4.16 for our servers.
nrz wrote:Hello users,
(...)
In consequence, server owners who uses Github master branch for production servers should now switch to stable-0.4 branch or their server can become incompatible with release clients soon.
(...)
There are other breaking changes which can happen to master branch, then be careful and don't use on your production builds, switch to stable-0.4 asap. We think we will start to merge breaking compat PR in 1 or 2 weeks.

Thanks for reading.

Final note: i will start a preview changelog on http://dev.minetest.net/Changelog soon

I try to change the branch I use with git :
I type

Code: Select all

/git branch --track origin/stable-0.4
And after that I compile again the core and the game.
But nothing change, I don't know why.

Someone could explain me what is the "procedure" to change the branch my server use for the game please ?
Vive Minetest!

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

Re: need help to change the "branch" my server use with git

by Krock » Post

Either switch to stable-0.4, without modifying your master branch: (best and easiest way)

git fetch origin
git checkout -b stable-0.4 origin/stable-0.4
or track stable-0.4 on your local master and reset the new changes:

git checkout master
# Track stable branch:
git branch -u origin/stable-0.4
# Discard commits and update with the stable branch
git reset --hard origin/stable-0.4
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

ektor
IRC: dtarcz
In-game: ektor

Re: need help to change the "branch" my server use with git

by ektor » Post

Thanks a lot Krock, I'll try the first solution first :) And I come back to say if it work fine :)

Edit 1 = with the solution 1, my server still in 0.4.16-dev. I try the 2.

Edit 2 = aahhrg no ! the 2 solution don't solve the issue. My server is still in 0.4.16-dev ! I don't understand what's wrong with the method...

We do switch the branch, revert to the stage of 0.4.16 stable, and after I compile... mmm

Edit 3 = Hourra ! finely it work, I delete all the minetest directory (after backup the world and the conf file) and I clone it again. After I use the solution 1 and it is !! now working perfectly well! thanks Krock :)
Vive Minetest!