What`s mapshrink?

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

What`s mapshrink?

by Andrey01 » Post

For the first time i saw this term on just test topic from sorcerykid and i would like to know what it is.

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

Re: What`s mapshrink?

by maikerumine » Post

Andrey01 wrote:For the first time i saw this term on just test topic from sorcerykid and i would like to know what it is.
Read the first post in just test thread.
It is lags map unexplore script.

It deletes map blocks where there were no nodes added that are in the script like:
Torch bones cobble stone brick wood rail chest locked fence and glass I believe.

Then on server restart the map is smaller in file size and new areas explore will have new ores in stone and fresh map blocks.
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Post

maikerumine wrote:
Andrey01 wrote:For the first time i saw this term on just test topic from sorcerykid and i would like to know what it is.
Read the first post in just test thread.
It is lags map unexplore script.

It deletes map blocks where there were no nodes added that are in the script like:
Torch bones cobble stone brick wood rail chest locked fence and glass I believe.

Then on server restart the map is smaller in file size and new areas explore will have new ores in stone and fresh map blocks.
Mapgen griefs are caused by this failing. (I used to think that mapgen (whoever he is! :P) got mad or something and ripped up the server, back when I was a complete and total n00b.)

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

For the gory, technical details, please look here:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10333

I believe that lag updates his GitHub repo fairly regularly too, so the mapshrink scripts should always be compatible with the latest stable branch of Minetest.