Builders wanted!

sofar
Developer

GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

Builders wanted!

by sofar » Fri Nov 24, 2017 21:02

I'm looking for new builders to help create content for the Inside The Box server (Forum thread / website)

My goal is to get the project code published to github when we reach 100 community-contributed puzzle boxes. Right now we're just over 50, so we have a long way to go to reach this milestone.

If you haven't played yet, please follow the links at the top to find out what Inside The Box is and how it works.

Of course, all builders are eligible for ranking on the Top Builders scoreboard and player ranks. If your creations do well, you'll collect fame and fake internet points, and your name will be posted on the website.

I'll update this post as we get more boxes and grow the content that our players can enjoy.

If you can't build, just come and play - you'll be surprised how different and original some puzzles are.

Gael de Sailly

GitHub: Gael-de-Sailly
IRC: Gael-de-Sailly
In-game: Gael-de-Sailly Ginkgoo

Re: Builders wanted!

by Gael de Sailly » Fri Nov 24, 2017 23:51

I've already started a few days ago, this server is very interesting and fun to play and I'd like to invest more time in it but I'm somewhat busy.

But why do you wait until 100 builders to release the code?
Just realize how bored we would be if the world was perfect.

maikerumine

GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Sat Nov 25, 2017 01:03

sofar wrote:you'll collect fame and fake internet points, and your name will be posted on the website.

Dude... i'm down!

sofar
Developer

GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

by sofar » Sat Nov 25, 2017 03:20

Gael de Sailly wrote:But why do you wait until 100 builders to release the code?

I've sunk, conservative estimate, somewhere between 500 and 1000 hours into this project so far over the course of almost a year. Party of me doesn't ever want to even open all the new code we write.

However, now that more people are investing time in the project and the community in the form of playable content, there comes a point in the future where the project benefits more from being fully open than not.

BTW, note that I said builds, not builders. We already have 100 builders, but only 51 boxes have made it past the review process. I'm looking for 100 puzzle boxes, excluding my own.

When that count of 100 is reached, I'll be certain that the community is also invested in the project, and not just interested in the code for use in their own projects. This project is, after all, an artwork community project, and the code is secondary to the real objective: people playing and building.

Return to General Discussion