Minetest mobile: layman convention of Q&A

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Re: Minetest mobile: layman convention of Q&A

by Wuzzy » Post

Wow. Infinite reach? This is an extremely unfair advantage over non-Android players. This means you can just mine/punch/use pretty much everything in sight with non-Android players having absolutely no way to attack back as the default reach is only 4 blocks.

Please tell me this is a bug and not intended.

The more I learn about this Android build, the more I hate it.
Seriously, if you really want to have an Android build, at least make sure it's fair. :-(

zing269

by zing269 » Post

There actually isn't very much Android in the Android build. It is like a wrapper that allows minetest to conform to Android's conventions. Once you've launched the game you are running native code. It doesn't use the latest Irrlicht though, as later versions of Irrlicht are broken on Android.

zargulthewizard
In-game: zargul

by zargulthewizard » Post

Wuzzy: touch resolution is a limiting factor. Please dont hate android version. Due to changes it is now all I've operably got besides outdated raspberry pi dist.
May God be with you, always.

zargulthewizard

Wuzzy wrote:Wow. Infinite reach? This is an extremely unfair advantage over non-Android players. This means you can just mine/punch/use pretty much everything in sight with non-Android players having absolutely no way to attack back as the default reach is only 4 blocks.

Please tell me this is a bug and not intended.

The more I learn about this Android build, the more I hate it.
Seriously, if you really want to have an Android build, at least make sure it's fair. :-(
The bug does not translate through servers. If you try to do it, it will look like it worked for a split second, then the server will change it back.

zargulthewizard

I've noticed with the portal mod that the portal doesn't hit wat you're touching, it hits what you're pointing at visually. Is there a way to change thi s or at least display crosshairs?

zargulthewizard

Have learned to love the fact that debug info displays the registered ID of the node your pointing at. Very useful in using worldedit. I suppose this applies to all minetest.