[Fan Art] Minetest Game Covers

SAMIAMNOT
In-game: notanewbie

[Fan Art] Minetest Game Covers

by SAMIAMNOT » Post

Hey guys, I was messing around today and figured you guys would like this videogame-style cover I did for Minetest on PC & Mac.

PC cover:

Mac cover:

Whatcha guys think?
Attachments
Minetest2.png
Minetest2.png (362.05 KiB) Viewed 463 times
Minetest1.png
Minetest1.png (347.37 KiB) Viewed 463 times
I test mines.

voxelproof

Re: [Fan Art] Minetest Game Covers

by voxelproof » Post

SAMIAMNOT wrote:Hey guys, I was messing around today and figured you guys would like this videogame-style cover I did for Minetest on PC & Mac.

Whatcha guys think?
General style (colours, textures, title) is good, but I would remove the sandstone wall obscuring the view. Or replace it with some simple structure of bricks, with a way leading into interesting places.

When you want to entice people to buy something you should rather use themes that seem to be letting them in, not preventing from entering (like walls, precipices etc.). The exception is when a game features combat as one of the main selling points - then you can show a e.g. charging beast as a challenge to be met in the gameplay Or for example when the walls comprise the environment of the game, like in dungeon crawlers.
To miss the joy is to miss all. Robert Louis Stevenson

SAMIAMNOT

by SAMIAMNOT » Post

voxelproof wrote:
SAMIAMNOT wrote:Hey guys, I was messing around today and figured you guys would like this videogame-style cover I did for Minetest on PC & Mac.

Whatcha guys think?
General style (colours, textures, title) is good, but I would remove the sandstone wall obscuring the view. Or replace it with some simple structure of bricks, with a way leading into interesting places.

When you want to entice people to buy something you should rather use themes that seem to be letting them in, not preventing from entering (like walls, precipices etc.). The exception is when a game features combat as one of the main selling points - then you can show a e.g. charging beast as a challenge to be met in the gameplay Or for example when the walls comprise the environment of the game, like in dungeon crawlers.
Good points. How about these?

Windows:

Mac:
Attachments
Minetest2 2.png
Minetest2 2.png (396.73 KiB) Viewed 463 times
Minetest1 2.png
Minetest1 2.png (381.47 KiB) Viewed 463 times
I test mines.

voxelproof

by voxelproof » Post

SAMIAMNOT wrote:
voxelproof wrote:

Whatcha guys think?

Good points. How about these?

Windows:

Mac:
YEAH!
:D

AspireMint
GitHub: AspireMint
IRC: AspireMint
In-game: AspireMint

by AspireMint » Post

Flat clouds!
Enable 3D clouds, please
x)

voxelproof

by voxelproof » Post

AspireMint wrote:Flat clouds!
Enable 3D clouds, please
x)
No way until they're upgraded :)
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18970

AleksSyntek
GitHub: AleksSyntek
IRC: Aleks
In-game: Aleks

by AleksSyntek » Post

SamIAmNot, good idea to make a cover for the game, I liked it and now I want to make one! :)
I suggest you to find some view where you can see (where is possible) another biome included, and maybe some construction made some far from the view to mean in a first sight what is the goal of the game (as MC game cover is focused on the player character and mobs primary, I guess).
Crash happens.

SAMIAMNOT

by SAMIAMNOT » Post

AleksSyntek wrote:SamIAmNot, good idea to make a cover for the game, I liked it and now I want to make one! :)
I suggest you to find some view where you can see (where is possible) another biome included, and maybe some construction made some far from the view to mean in a first sight what is the goal of the game (as MC game cover is focused on the player character and mobs primary, I guess).
Cool, I'll get on it! Maybe it'd make more sense to make "biome covers", one for each biome.

In the meantime, here's the XCF file for the cover; you guys can make your own covers now!
Attachments
MT cover.zip
(88.49 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
I test mines.

PolySaken
GitHub: PolySaken-I-Am
In-game: PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

Ooh! This sounds fun!
Guidebook Lib, for in-game docs | Poly Decor, some cool blocks | Vision Lib, an all-purpose library.