Minetest 0.4.16 on Chromebook

viper1833
In-game: viper1833

Minetest 0.4.16 on Chromebook

by viper1833 » Post

Hello my name is Ben. Just wanted to pass along some information to the community. I have been a long time Linux user who has played Minetest since its early days. However in the last month I have switched over to Android, and ChromeOS full time. Currently I am on the Samsung Chromebook Plus, I want to report that everything about the game is working 100% on my Chromebook, currently the game is playable online on servers, single player(creative, and survival. Mouse, and keyboard works. I have tested onboard keyboard, as well as external keyboard, and mouse via USB_C to USB dongle, and hub. Touchscreen on the Samsung Chromebook Plus works as well. The only glaring issue I have noted is spliting item stacks for crafting I have to use my touch to accomplish this. So my thought would be if you do not have a touch screen Chromebook spliting stacks might not be an option unless I have currently missed something. I am wanting to give this information back. Basically a few mouse tweaks for running android minetest on ChromeOS could be good. Anyone wanting to play it on a Chromebook without touch can play in creative mode which basically solves stack splitting.

Note: The Samsung Chromebook Plus use an Arm CPU.