MineTest 0.5.0?

BlueTangs Rock

MineTest 0.5.0?

by BlueTangs Rock » Post

Hey, I haven't been able to keep up with the MineTest Community since the update that adds coral, though I'm hearing about update 0.5.0.

So I'm curious, what features are currently being considered to be added to that update?

Even though my account is over a year old, I'm still very new to the MineTest Community, so I'm not even sure if the General Discussion section is the right place to ask this question on.
Look at that, a signiture box! To bad I have nothing to put in i-... Wait...

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

Re: MineTest 0.5.0?

by rubenwardy » Post

Loads and loadsa stuff, especially for modders

Here's an outdated change list: http://dev.minetest.net/Changelog#0.4.1 ... eleased.29

One big thing It's missing is that a content library to download mods/games/texturepacks has been added
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

crazy_baboon

by crazy_baboon » Post

rubenwardy wrote: One big thing It's missing is that a content library to download mods/games/texturepacks has been added
I guess another big thing still missing will be the ability to toggle fullscreen...

rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

crazy_baboon wrote:I guess another big thing still missing will be the ability to toggle fullscreen...
Not that big a thing, Windows and most Linux distributions have support for this already

Hello profile reader

crazy_baboon

by crazy_baboon » Post

rubenwardy wrote:
Not that big a thing, Windows and most Linux distributions have support for this already
But still, you have to mess around with window managers, .conf file or what not. A simple toggle button on the graphics options would be very handy IMHO.

I would probably like to try to implement that feature myself. However, don't know if I would bother to do it as the maintainers might not be keen on having that feature working.

If any of the minetest maintainers is reading this: would you consider accepting such a feature?
Last edited by crazy_baboon on Wed Apr 25, 2018 20:34, edited 1 time in total.

rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

crazy_baboon wrote:But still, you have to mess around with window managers, .conf file or what not. A simple toggle button on the graphics options would be very handy IMHO.
What I meant was they have support for it enabled by default, which means it's just a matter of pressing a key. It would still be useful to have this feature anyway, for older OSes which don't have it - but only if it can be done cleanly. Note that you shouldn't make the window actually fullscreen, but instead maximised and borderless

Hello profile reader

crazy_baboon

by crazy_baboon » Post

rubenwardy wrote:
What I meant was they have support for it enabled by default, which means it's just a matter of pressing a key.
Is that default support on future version 0.5.0?

Version 0.4.16 did not have it on Linux Fedora GNOME, don't know if that is because wayland.
Last edited by crazy_baboon on Wed Apr 25, 2018 20:40, edited 1 time in total.

rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

Nope, it's part of your operating system. Try alt+f11 or f11 with the Minetest window in focus

For GNOME:
Under the keyboard settings and shortcuts this can be bound. Toggle fullscreen mode can be found under "Windows". Do note that this does not work with windows that cannot be maximized. I'm not sure if this will work with wine.

Hello profile reader