Instructions for Minetest-App

BirgitLachner
In-game: Bibs

Instructions for Minetest-App

by BirgitLachner » Post

Hi,

I made an instruction sheet (in german) how to use the Minetest-App. I will offer the svg-File, but I connot upload it to the wiki, because this file-extension is not allowed.

https://wiki.minetest.net/File:App-Anleitung_klein.png

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

Re: Instructions for Minetest-App

by Krock » Post

This image contains all important GUI use instructions but I think the images could be bigger. For some "hands" it's also quite hard to see whether it is one, two or a long tap - some more contrast to the background images would help a lot there.
The hands also reminded me to the WikiHow style:
The cursor/hand is way too large so it's even counter-productive in the image above. However, in your image it's far not that bad and gets better after the image size was increased.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

BirgitLachner

by BirgitLachner » Post

You are right, that some of the Symbol are not good to see. I changed for some the action to grey. May be I can try to adjust it a bit more, have a stronger contrast,
Concerning the size of the pictures ... well they could be changed, too. I made that as a SVG-Image, so you can change the size of everything. So, you mean, that the hand should be smaller?

Krock
Developer

by Krock » Post

BirgitLachner wrote:So, you mean, that the hand should be smaller?
Either smaller hands or much larger in-game images - just so the hands are smaller in comparison with the images. To show the tap action better, those sickle-shaped pieces next to the finger could be increased a little in size.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

BirgitLachner

by BirgitLachner » Post

I have a question about Singleplayer Mod: change I change the seed or map-generator? I only found the possibility to reset the Single-Player-Map!?

Krock
Developer

by Krock » Post

@BirgitLachner: This drifts off towards offtopic but you can change the "map_meta.txt" contents using mods: https://github.com/minetest/minetest/bl ... 3183-L3188

Code: Select all

minetest.set_mapgen_setting("mg_name", "v7", true)
We also have an IRC channel where such short questions can usually be answered easier and faster than on the forums.

BirgitLachner

by BirgitLachner » Post

Well ... its the topic, how to use the App. Not in the picture of cause, but about the settings. But okay, thanks für the information .. other questions will be placed in the IRC-Chat!