Emigrate from Github?

texmex

GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: texmex

Re: Emigrate from Github?

by texmex » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:39

Hamlet wrote:Who owns Mesehub?

I do. It runs Gitea that has an API quite similar to Github.
Last edited by texmex on Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:37, edited 1 time in total.

rubenwardy

GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:26

Hamlet wrote:I agree with what you wrote in your post, I just have to add one thing that I think is important:
Content DB if used with GitHub allows to create a release (e.g. Mod Name v1.0) directly on GitHub - istead, while using it with other git platforms it needs to save a local copy, stored into a zip archive.

Despite I dislike GitHub due to the reasons that you've written in your post, well, under this aspect it is better: releases should stay on their repositories, for simplicity and space saving.

Obviously it may be that this could be achieved with other git platforms, but it would be crazy to ask rubenwardy to check each and every git API to achieve the same.

So I wonder if Mesehub could be eligible to become the official Minetest git, and if it would be possible to make it work like GitHub regarding the Content DB.

I'm going to remove this soon, as people keep deleting their repos. Space isn't an issue anyway, bandwidth would be if we got a larger number of users

Hamlet

GitHub: h4ml3t
IRC: H4mlet

by Hamlet » Tue Jul 31, 2018 19:20

texmex wrote:
Hamlet wrote:Who owns Mesehub?

I do. It runs Gitea that has an API quite similar to Github.

Kudos! I hope that in time it can grow and become the de facto Minetest community's git.
I will register there and I'll keep NotABug as backup mirror.

rubenwardy wrote:
Hamlet wrote:[...]
Content DB if used with GitHub allows to create a release (e.g. Mod Name v1.0) directly on GitHub - istead, while using it with other git platforms it needs to save a local copy, stored into a zip archive.[...]

I'm going to remove this soon, as people keep deleting their repos. Space isn't an issue anyway, bandwidth would be if we got a larger number of users

I see, well, good to know that space isn't an issue. Fingers crossed for the bandwidth...

Previous

Return to General Discussion