Mobs in User-contributed Content? [idea]

AspireMint

GitHub: AspireMint
IRC: AspireMint
In-game: AspireMint

Mobs in User-contributed Content? [idea]

by AspireMint » Tue Jun 05, 2018 22:19

Just idea.
What do you think about subforum Mobs in User-contributed Content ?
Mobs might have subforums like Mods have Mod Releases, WIP Mods...
Eg. NPC, Animals, Insects, Monsters, Weird, etc.
Not that there are many mobs x) but can be useful, you can easily find mob for your new mod, or just see how many
mobs are in MT universe, or fins help.
Post will contain only mesh, textures, description (frames etc), license, link to mod where is used, ... But no code!

rubenwardy

GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

AspireMint

Re: Mobs in User-contributed Content? [idea]

by AspireMint » Wed Jun 06, 2018 04:37

Look good, but there is no "mobs" section so far. Tag "mobs" allows you to mark mob mod, not mark model (without code).
If is no needed (because of that link) then we dont need Mob releases in this forum, it can be removed.
Correct me if im wrong.

v-rob

GitHub: v-rob

by v-rob » Wed Jun 06, 2018 22:53

What you're saying is that you want a subforum for mob models, not mobs themselves. That seems too specific. It should be a subforum for all 3d models, not just mobs.

(There was a topic about a models forum somewhere...)

TumeniNodes

GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Thu Jun 07, 2018 01:10

Mobs, are offered, through mods.
So mob mods, will be categorized..., as mods
Why add more complexity? Just type <mobs> in the search field, and it already brings up 3 mobs, mods.

I don't see any sense in further conversation on the matter tbh

<edit> I see what you are saying about individual models but, as mentioned, there is a section in the forums for that iirc
If you want a specific/single model from any mod, simply extract that portion of the code and textures from the mod.
I'm not your buddy, guy...

AspireMint

by AspireMint » Sun Jun 10, 2018 14:49

TumeniNodes wrote:Mobs, are offered, through mods.
So mob mods, will be categorized..., as mods
Why add more complexity? Just type <mobs> in the search field, and it already brings up 3 mobs, mods.

<edit> I see what you are saying about individual models but, as mentioned, there is a section in the forums for that iirc
If you want a specific/single model from any mod, simply extract that portion of the code and textures from the mod.

> Mobs, are offered, through mods.
- They are, but is it right? Some mob mods contains other items as well, it might be difficult to extract.

> So mob mods, will be categorized..., as mods
- I totally agree. Mod mobs is for me as collection of mods, like modpack or like subgame.

> I see what you are saying about individual models but, as mentioned, there is a section in the forums for that iirc
- "there is a section in the forums for that" for mobs? No. Maybe discussion "somewhere" about it (where?).

There are some API for mobs (btw is it mod that belongs to mod thread?), why not also separate models(with textures) and allow people to simply choose mobs, etc.?
Yes, again you will say, just extract it. But from which mod? They can contains different version of models (better animation etc) and now you have to dig into code, ... or not include all animations so you have to open blender file.
If you want to have always new version of mob, which thread will you monitor? As i said, mob might be in many mods.

We have zero threads for models. If it really belongs to Mod releases thead, please update this -> viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1271 , add some naming, license restrictions etc. Thank you.
Please, tell me where to put models. Otherwise best place to put model is, sadly, into Offtopic thread.

[edit]
v-rob wrote:What you're saying is that you want a subforum for mob models, not mobs themselves. That seems too specific. It should be a subforum for all 3d models, not just mobs.
(There was a topic about a models forum somewhere...)

Yes, 3D models would be better, thank you for correction.

Return to General Discussion