I Wish to post an Inquiry (mobs)

sdzen

I Wish to post an Inquiry (mobs)

by sdzen » Post

Now I have seen the dozens of posts stating that mobs will be reimplemented in the future and until then to use the animals mod instead, now I feel as if it may never actually come to fruition. So if I may ask as to any detail regarding this that anyone may have known or other wise.
sincerely,
sdzen

Zen S.D.

The next generation of tranquility!
malheureusement mon français n'est pas bon :<
Owner of the Zelo's
In game name: MuadTralk, spdtainted, sdzen, sd zen, sdzeno

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

Actually, I do fear the loss of mobs - building and mining without risk; boring!

Roflo

by Roflo » Post

If celeron55 completely abandoned development, I believe we could still include the 0.3.x mobs back into the 0.4.x branch.

Patience, guys.
Mobs will come.
It's just happens to be a complicated task.

(Edited to fix version numbers)
Last edited by Roflo on Sat Jun 09, 2012 21:13, edited 1 time in total.
Unless otherwise specified: I use linux and run (and compile) the latest dev.

sdzen

by sdzen » Post

now if such a reality were to come to pass then what would happen if the animals mod just happened to fall out of compatibility my imagination would inspire Minetest anarchy resulting from it yet i know such a thing would never occur, so i would assume that either the previous mobs in the code would be re-enabled to prevent the loss of users that would be a good move to end such things but why wait for such a thing as that to happen? Why not remove the mobs from the code only once you had finished converting them to lua, it doesn't make sense to have them removed as of now so do such yes they are sub par at best but their something and something is whats needed with the overall quality of Minetest beginning to resemble Minecraft in more likes why remove these? Ive heard it said that Minetest would be good if it wasn't such a blatant rip-off at times this comes from very bright and open minded individuals Ive foisted this upon their bias in almost no existent, if you could take this less as a statement and more as a request that the old mobs may be returned up until the unveiling of the new lua base ones.

Note: Yes I know that this is a long and most likely boring read please skip over it if you wish, or you may point out why i am wrong I have no issues with being corrected or enlightened or told that my message is offtopic.

Edit: this was written towards Jordach's post and the other was not read until afterword
Last edited by sdzen on Sat Jun 09, 2012 21:19, edited 1 time in total.

Zen S.D.

Owner of the Zelo's

Jordach

by Jordach » Post

Sdzen, I would like some other gameplay, since singlelayer allows usage of /giveme - which - takes the point away.

I can't keep my ability to play since this game has no custom like blocks, stairs, half-slabs. I know I am preaching to the javarians here, but, you see my point, Minetest has - and quite possibly, had it's day.

sdzen

by sdzen » Post

so that's why I stopped wishing to read through every forum post and provide aid when I could, I think Ive lost hope in the game...

Zen S.D.

Owner of the Zelo's

LolManKuba

by LolManKuba » Post

:P

Jordach

by Jordach » Post

How old is Minetest? 2 Years, right?

And how much publicity was it given?

Not very much.

Now, how old is Minecraft?

3 Years.

Publicity - lots, since it kept going on YouTube telling them to buy it - sounds like spamware to me, but in the end, it worked. To re-invigorate Minetest, we need lots of videos, words passed on etc..
Last edited by Jordach on Sun Jun 10, 2012 14:52, edited 1 time in total.

LolManKuba

by LolManKuba » Post

With my texture pack reviews, im one of them, (once I get the audio sync to be better).

SelfishCar

by SelfishCar » Post

Jordach wrote:How old is Minetest? 2 Years, right?

And how much publicity was it given?

Not very much.

Now, how old is Minecraft?

3 Years.

Publicity - lots, since it kept going on YouTube telling them to buy it - sounds like spamware to me, but in the end, it worked. To re-invigorate Minetest, we need lots of videos, words passed on etc..
Yeah! With lots of new people, comes lots of new modders (etc. etc....), so I think Jordach's idea is great! Small communities are often the smartest ones! (Right?)
In-game Username: Axel
In-game Username #2: SelfishCar

SoLA: Part 1: Angela's Disappearance: http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1586