What Happened to Gabosburg?

ScorchedFalcon
GitHub: ScorchedFalcon
IRC: ScorchedFalcon
In-game: ScorchedFalcon

What Happened to Gabosburg?

by ScorchedFalcon » Post

In case you don't understand the post or know what Gabosburg is, let me explain. There used to be a server called Gabosburg around minetest 1.13 to 1.15, I used to play as the username Sonic875. I got banned for being an absolute moron back in 2016 or 2017. I came back recently I found that the old website called Gabosburg GX is no longer a thing, and the server is down. It seems Gabo (the owner) hasn't posted anything on the forums for a while, and other members such as Lumberjack seem to be the same. I have caught Lumberjack on the Craigs server IRC once or twice, but haven't got any direct answers or really a response in general. I just want to know what happened to the server, it was the first one I played on. Also, I think I might be in the wrong forum to ask this, if I am, I would appreciate it if someone could explain how to move it?

MineYoshi

Re: What Happened to Gabosburg?

by MineYoshi » Post

All servers get down sometimes as nothing is for ever. I suppose the only thing you're able to do so far is to contact the admin or at least some player you know that used to play there, there is the server topic too. This forum is about Minetest engine and game only: the management and administration of servers is out of our reach.

I used to play there too; so sad it was shut down after so much time to be honest. :'(
Have a nice day! :D

ScorchedFalcon
GitHub: ScorchedFalcon
IRC: ScorchedFalcon
In-game: ScorchedFalcon

by ScorchedFalcon » Post

Alright, thanks for the response, it helps a lot as I knew the server well enough that I know a lot of the old and new admins/moderators. Nice to know you used to play there, I love meeting members who enjoyed and played that server with/like me.

StarKid
IRC: OriginalStarkid
In-game: Starkid

by StarKid » Post

Hey Sonic875. If you don't rememeber, it's me Starkid, the proclaimed Hacker of Gabosburg? We used to be friends on that server and all of us had weird conversations and dumb things while Lumberjack was just watching as an Admin. There where other players such as Lumber, Kyloren, Shadow, and a couple of others. It's been years since I've gotten banned but I rememeber everything. I noticed that the whole server was shut down so I came here to find some answers. I know it's been almost 2 years since you've posted this but if you ever see this or if your still around then just let me know