Re-Orient World

daufinsyd
GitHub: daufinsyd
In-game: daufinsyd

Re-Orient World

by daufinsyd » Post

Hello

I converted a minecraft world a year ago with mcimport. It worked pretty good apart from the map orientation (left and right inverted). At the time I didn't mind and continued to build; however one year after I still miss the orientation I'm used to and I would like to reverse the map orientation (right and left).
Do you have any idea to do such a thing ?

thank you for your responses :)

durtective6
In-game: derplez or BlockFrog

Re: Re-Orient World

by durtective6 » Post

The worldedit mod has support for flipping objects. Don't know if it could handle massive areas at once, but for structures it will be fine. Here's an example

Use //pos1 and //pos2 to create the positions for editing. Then use //flip x,y or z to flip the selected area.
Finally, here's a link to the mod on GitHub: https://github.com/Uberi/Minetest-WorldEdit
And all the commands: https://github.com/Uberi/Minetest-World ... ommands.md

Edit: On the forum thread for worldedit it has some pretty big generated structures (viewtopic.php?t=572) that took around 2 minutes to create with the mod, so it can handle some good sized structures most likely.

daufinsyd

by daufinsyd » Post

Thank you
I have world edit but I thought it couldn't flip the entire map but you're right I'lll give it a try :)

daufinsyd

by daufinsyd » Post

well, my 16GB RAM didn't manage to flip my world xD

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

daufinsyd wrote: I converted a minecraft world a year ago with mcimport. It worked pretty good apart from the map orientation (left and right inverted).
Best edit mcimport so that it imports the world with the right orientation. You can start with a small test world. Later changes might be impossible due to the size of the map.
A list of my mods can be found here.